Poll

Should the Celtics trade for AD?

Yes.  (Tatum in the deal)
22 (44.9%)
No.   (Not worth giving up assets for a one year rental)
19 (38.8%)
Yes but only if Tatum isn't in the deal.
8 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: Anthony Davis traded to Lakers(page 272)  (Read 339584 times)

Re: Anthony Davis trade thread(Davis trade request page 33)
« Reply #2100 on: February 21, 2019, 03:10:40 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Does Danny still go after AD if Kyrie leaves in free agency?

Yes but I'm not sure he moves Tatum in that situation.

You're probably right. I could see a scenario where he's able to hang onto Tatum and make Jaylen the centerpiece of the deal along with a sign and trade of Rozier, salary filler like R.Williams and this summer's draft picks.

Funny part is a team of Smart/Hayward/Tatum/Horford/Davis could be just as good as a team with Kyrie as the starting PG.

Then of course the key still remains, how does Ainge get Davis to stay? Maybe there's where 2 respected veterans like Hayward, Horford (and maybe even Smart) come in handy and talk AD into staying. Just thinking of a scenario in the event Kyrie leaves and how Danny moves forward.

« Reply #2101 on: February 21, 2019, 03:19:07 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

You're probably right. I could see a scenario where he's able to hang onto Tatum and make Jaylen the centerpiece of the deal along with a sign and trade of Rozier, salary filler like R.Williams and this summer's draft picks.

Funny part is a team of Smart/Hayward/Tatum/Horford/Davis could be just as good as a team with Kyrie as the starting PG.

Then of course the key still remains, how does Ainge get Davis to stay? Maybe there's where 2 respected veterans like Hayward, Horford (and maybe even Smart) come in handy and talk AD into staying. Just thinking of a scenario in the event Kyrie leaves and how Danny moves forward.
robert Williams is not salary filler. He is a young prospect with high upside

« Reply #2102 on: February 21, 2019, 03:29:38 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

robert Williams is not salary filler. He is a young prospect with high upside

My intent wasn't to diminish him as a player but rather from a financial aspect using his salary in the aggregate to match up on an AD deal.

« Reply #2103 on: February 21, 2019, 04:06:25 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I really dont see AD being a good move at this point in time.

I dont think he is going to stay, and I think Kyrie knows it...I dont think Kyrie cares though.

Team definitely needs a bigman, but do not sell farm on Davis.

If there is anybody who knows whether AD plans on re-signing in Boston or not, it's Kyrie. Like, if DA is talking to Kyrie on a regular basis (as he has mentioned numerous times) and Kyrie isn't telling him what AD is planning to do, I would be very surprised.

This, of course, assumes that the wedding is still on and the engagement is legit.

« Reply #2104 on: March 09, 2019, 03:10:43 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Ingram out for a while with blood clots

Lakers package likely is now just lonzo/kuzma/pick

« Reply #2105 on: March 09, 2019, 03:13:58 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Ingram medical news pretty much kills Laker's chance of getting Davis, and probably lowers price Celtics would have to pay to get Davis.

« Reply #2106 on: March 09, 2019, 03:14:11 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

I mean, I know it's true, but was this really necessary right now? It's not like Ingram is just dealing with something small. It's a serious issue.

Anyways, I also wonder, does this mean Ingram could actually miss part of next season too?
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #2107 on: March 09, 2019, 03:18:24 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

I know it's true, but was this really necessary right now? It's not like Ingram is just dealing with something small. It's a serious issue.

Anyways, I also wonder, does this mean Ingram could actually miss part of next season too?

Yeah, it feels weird to be celebratory over such a serious issue. DVT can be life threatening.

As I said in the other thread, they need to figure out the underlying cause. He could miss part of next season, he could be looking at early retirement. There's still a lot unknown. Just happy they caught in time before it went to the heart or lungs. I'm hoping it's a one time anomaly, because the shoulder is such an odd place to have one.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #2108 on: March 09, 2019, 03:20:04 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

I know it's true, but was this really necessary right now? It's not like Ingram is just dealing with something small. It's a serious issue.

Yeah, it feels weird to be celebratory over such a serious issue. DVT can be life threatening.

As I said in the other thread, they need to figure out the underlying cause. He could miss part of next season, he could be looking at early retirement. There's still a lot unknown. Just happy they caught in time before it went to the heart or lungs. I'm hoping it's a one time anomaly, because the shoulder is such an odd place to have one.

Lakers fans seem to be dreading that Ingram will miss part of next season and could also be limited on the court for a season or two even when he does return. The Bosh situation definitely makes this look a bit worrisome. (And by limited I mean simply cut down some minutes, not only playing like 5-10 minutes a game)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #2109 on: March 09, 2019, 03:22:04 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

I mean, I know it's true, but was this really necessary right now? It's not like Ingram is just dealing with something small. It's a serious issue.

Ingram isn't dead

Its not too soon to discuss the off season which  occurs very soon

« Reply #2110 on: March 09, 2019, 03:22:47 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Ingram medical news pretty much kills Laker's chance of getting Davis, and probably lowers price Celtics would have to pay to get Davis.
I was thinking the same about lowered price. Wonder what danny will be able to get away with offering

« Reply #2111 on: March 09, 2019, 03:24:04 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Lakers fans seem to be dreading that Ingram will miss part of next season and could also be limited on the court for a season or two even when he does return. The Bosh situation definitely makes this look a bit worrisome. (And by limited I mean simply cut down some minutes, not only playing like 5-10 minutes a game)

If all he misses is part of next season, that's a good outcome.
2021 Houston Rockets

« Reply #2112 on: March 09, 2019, 03:25:06 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Ingram isn't dead

With DVT, he could've been.
2021 Houston Rockets

« Reply #2113 on: March 09, 2019, 03:27:38 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

Ingram isn't dead

so were we supposed to wait 6 months before his medication is over before we can discuss the Davis trade implications of ingrams situation? Lol

« Reply #2114 on: March 09, 2019, 03:29:10 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Ingram isn't dead

so were we supposed to wait 6 months before his medication is over before we can discuss the Davis trade implications of ingrams situation? Lol

Show me where I said that?
2021 Houston Rockets