Author Topic: NBA Playoffs 2015-2016  (Read 172812 times)

Re: NBA Playoffs 2015-2016
« Reply #900 on: May 24, 2016, 10:29:42 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2933
I don't know how much of it is the injury. I'd guess it's affecting him at least somewhat, but part of that is on his game, too. With the types of shots he takes, even the slightest injury could throw him off.

But let's also not look past the fact that the supporting cast has been pretty bad, too. Both Klay and Green haven't really been themselves in this series either.

I'd say it's just as much about his injury as it is them not hitting shots and their style of play with quick, questionable jump shots. When they're not hitting shots, then that style of play isn't going to win you games against top teams. Add in the fact that OKC has just destroyed their defense and Golden State just keeps making unforced turnovers, and it's justified to wonder what went wrong beyond the injury.

« Reply #901 on: May 24, 2016, 10:29:50 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
GS going back home for game 5 could shift the momentum. This series is far from over even with them down 3-1

OKC's never lost a series they've led 2-1, let alone (possibly) 3-1. Durant's averaged like 30 in closeout games. They're not going to choke away three chances to advance.

I think you're probably right, but then again I thought the same thing about the Clips last year.
You値l have to excuse my lengthiness葉he reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #902 on: May 24, 2016, 10:31:01 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Forget Curry playing bad, what about Draymond Green? He's been awful so far.

« Reply #903 on: May 24, 2016, 10:31:13 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
No team's ever beaten a 73-win team, let alone a 67-win team AND a 73-win team in the same playoff run, so that alone would be unprecedented, haha.

« Reply #904 on: May 24, 2016, 10:31:51 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
GS going back home for game 5 could shift the momentum. This series is far from over even with them down 3-1

OKC's never lost a series they've led 2-1, let alone (possibly) 3-1. Durant's averaged like 30 in closeout games. They're not going to choke away three chances to advance.

I think you're probably right, but then again I thought the same thing about the Clips last year.

2/3 games would be in GS though.

« Reply #905 on: May 24, 2016, 10:32:16 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
It is obviously easy to say this now but the Warriors look like a team that is burnt out. Unlike some of the other teams left their stars really got no rest as they chased the all time wins total. However it isn't just the minutes or games they played. I saw them giving every single thing they had in meaningless games that became the "super bowl" for the other team. Now curry has been hurt twice, bogut is a shell of him self, Draymond green has been banged up and has less energy and they may not make the finals. I think this was a mistake on kerr's part because okc looks way fresher than golden state. Heck even Portland did last series they just didn't have enough talent. He let the players make the decision to go all out every game of an 82 game season and the players are not paid to make those decisions.

Oh, totally. There's definitely burn out among this group.

But honestly I still say the record matters more. I know people disagree with me. But the way I look at it is that there's a bunch of teams that have won championships, but only one team that has won 73 games in a season. It obviously would be better with a title attached to it, but that's still one hell of a record itself that won't be broken anytime soon.

« Reply #906 on: May 24, 2016, 10:32:47 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 873
  • GOT IT!!!
Good lord Westbrook.

Now I'm remembering how Bill Simmons harped all season on how the Thunder weren't good enough for a team with two top five players on it.

Welp, now they look like the freaking 01 Lakers, so....

I love Simmons but he tends to be pretty hyperbolic in terms of sports.

« Reply #907 on: May 24, 2016, 10:32:57 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
I don't know how much of it is the injury. I'd guess it's affecting him at least somewhat, but part of that is on his game, too. With the types of shots he takes, even the slightest injury could throw him off.

But let's also not look past the fact that the supporting cast has been pretty bad, too. Both Klay and Green haven't really been themselves in this series either.

I'd say it's just as much about his injury as it is them not hitting shots and their style of play with quick, questionable jump shots. When they're not hitting shots, then that style of play isn't going to win you games against top teams. Add in the fact that OKC has just destroyed their defense and Golden State just keeps making unforced turnovers, and it's justified to wonder what went wrong beyond the injury.I

Absolutely there are multiple factors and I'm sure many podcast hours and thousands of words of columns will be expended in the next month trying to break it all down.

Injuries are a part of the game, no doubt. But I just think we ought to remember the Warriors are lucky curry is even playing right now. That knee injury could have been much worse. And you're right, a guy who relies on his jumper as much as curry is going to be limited more by extremities injuries than, say, a big man or a power wing.
You値l have to excuse my lengthiness葉he reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #908 on: May 24, 2016, 10:34:01 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

Good point, but they'd need to win in OKC in game 6.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #909 on: May 24, 2016, 10:36:42 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • GOT IT!!!

Series is over if OKC wins tonight.

« Reply #910 on: May 24, 2016, 10:38:45 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith

Series is over if OKC wins tonight.

Then again, nothing could convince Durant more to change teams than if his team blew a 3-1 lead in the WCF!  ;D

« Reply #911 on: May 24, 2016, 10:41:57 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
So, possibly looking ahead to Cleveland vs. OKC (because we all know that Toronto isn't winning that series) - the only advantage I could see them having over Golden State in this matchup is better rebounding than Golden State. Otherwise, Golden State is better offensively and MUCH better defensively than Cleveland, and OKC has been shredding Golden State's defense.

Who defends Westbrook and Durant? Cleveland has also struggled with size down low, which is another advantage for OKC. Westbrook will put up historic numbers with Kyrie or Smith guarding him.

« Reply #912 on: May 24, 2016, 10:42:08 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
Golden State showing some life.

« Reply #913 on: May 24, 2016, 10:43:46 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • GOT IT!!!