Author Topic: 2024 NBA Season and Playoffs  (Read 629702 times)

Re: NBA Season 2023-24
« Reply #4425 on: April 02, 2024, 11:00:15 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1487
Scary Terry sighting in Miami tonight.  Rozier with 28 points on 7-8 from 3, still in the 3rd quarter.

Yeah, he had a great game. Miami seems to be hitting their stride. Just beat the Knicks by double digits and have now won 7 of the last 10 games. I’d prefer avoiding them first round.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2024, 11:16:54 PM by Goldstar88 »
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #4426 on: April 03, 2024, 12:46:39 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1397
Scary Terry sighting in Miami tonight.  Rozier with 28 points on 7-8 from 3, still in the 3rd quarter.

Yeah, he had a great game. Miami seems to be hitting their stride. Just beat the Knicks by double digits and have now won 7 of the last 10 games. I’d prefer avoiding them first round.

I’m definitely not picking on you here, but I have seen this all season on this thread and have always been confused by it. Miami went 8-7 in March with 3 wins over Detroit and one each over Washington and Portland. How are they hitting their stride? I’ve seen the same thing with people talking about the bucks who are now either .500 or below .500 under doc after being 30-13 under griffin. I wish people were this positive about the Celtics on here lol.

« Reply #4427 on: April 03, 2024, 02:05:19 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White
Wiz beat bucks. Yikes.

Milwaukee just lost in Washington. The Bucks are now 6-7 in their last 13 games and are now a full 12 games back of the Celtics in the East.

No no but you see, it was a competitive loss. That's obviously encouraging for the Bucks!

Of course we'll ignore that if this was the C's the entire site would have been nuked off the planet tonight.

That K.O.C. piece has aged like rancid milk.

We all said it at the time, well everyone except one contrarian

« Reply #4428 on: April 03, 2024, 02:06:50 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White
Embiid looked pretty gassed tonight. Just watching him at the FT line tells ya.

Hope the C's exploit his fatigue and throw bodies on him should they meet in the postseason.

Him being gassed was my big concern. He struggles with that during a normal season when he isn’t unable to do cardio for two months

« Reply #4429 on: April 03, 2024, 02:10:06 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White
Embiid back tonight.

That play in game going to be crazy with the heat.

Color me surprised, makes me think they hope to get to 6th.
That's very unlikely.  The Sixers are 3 games back of the Pacers in the win column and the Pacers hold the tie break.

Sixers have a much easier schedule.

He is correct it’s extremely unlikely. Pacers play nets, hawks and raptors still. 76ers would have to basically run the table

« Reply #4430 on: April 03, 2024, 05:42:11 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2434
Wemby last 18 games

31.1mpg - 23.2ppg 11.6rpg 4.9apg 4.1bpg 1.7spg

That is insane. 4 blocks per game. 5 assists. Almost 2 steals. Plus 23 points in just 31 minutes along with 11-12 rebounds a game.

58% TS%

« Reply #4431 on: April 03, 2024, 07:16:19 AM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
  • International Superstar
Embiid back tonight.

That play in game going to be crazy with the heat.

Color me surprised, makes me think they hope to get to 6th.

Likewise. I'm impressed by his drive, to be honest. Hopefully he's motivated by a desire to compete, rather than doing it to dodge offseason criticism if he was to sit out and stay healthy. 

It would be nice to see a healthy-as-possible Embiid in the playoffs. Scary, but nice.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #4432 on: April 03, 2024, 08:07:30 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 734
  • MASTER OF PANIC
To be honest, I think the best path for Boston would be the Heat 6, the Sixers 7 and then the Pacers/Bulls 8.

This means the Bucks have to go through the Sixers and Heat before getting to Boston in the ECF if Boston handles business.

« Reply #4433 on: April 03, 2024, 08:34:21 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 890
I have been saying that I am not that worried about MIA, but they still have two really good players, Butler and Adebayo.  MIA is probably a notch better than ATL or CHI, for sure but I am not sure if MIA is better than IND, or going to be harder to beat in a series.  And to me, PHI with Embiid, would be the toughest out, so I prefer they play MIL.

I don't expect ATL or CHI to make it out of the play-in so our first round opponent is probably going to be MIA or PHI.  I definitely would prefer MIA over PHI and probably prefer MIA over IND.

« Reply #4434 on: April 03, 2024, 10:06:20 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1562
I have been saying that I am not that worried about MIA, but they still have two really good players, Butler and Adebayo.  MIA is probably a notch better than ATL or CHI, for sure but I am not sure if MIA is better than IND, or going to be harder to beat in a series.  And to me, PHI with Embiid, would be the toughest out, so I prefer they play MIL.

I don't expect ATL or CHI to make it out of the play-in so our first round opponent is probably going to be MIA or PHI.  I definitely would prefer MIA over PHI and probably prefer MIA over IND.
Miami has 1 less loss than the Pacers and they play each other (and that game decides the tie break). Heck Miami is only 2 behind the Knicks who have a tough remaining schedule and are no where near the same team without OG and Randle. Philly is a bit further back, but after the Miami game Thursday, they 4 relatively easy games and the Magic at home in game 81 (so it may not matter for Orlando). 

I think there is a very good chance Miami moves out of the play in and it isn't a given that Philly won't either especially of they beat the Heat (only 1 of them can)  Indiana could certainly hang on to 6, but it would be hanging on.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #4435 on: April 03, 2024, 10:59:29 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley

Miami has 1 less loss than the Pacers and they play each other (and that game decides the tie break). Heck Miami is only 2 behind the Knicks who have a tough remaining schedule and are no where near the same team without OG and Randle. Philly is a bit further back, but after the Miami game Thursday, they 4 relatively easy games and the Magic at home in game 81 (so it may not matter for Orlando). 

I think there is a very good chance Miami moves out of the play in and it isn't a given that Philly won't either especially of they beat the Heat (only 1 of them can)  Indiana could certainly hang on to 6, but it would be hanging on.

I agree, I said our first round opponent is "probably" MIA or PHI.  There is still a reasonable chance that IND falls back into the play in though so there is a chance we get IND but less chance of that right now, then MIA or PHI.

And once the 1 game elimination play-in games start, anything can happen.  ATL and/or CHI could get in, but I see either as far less likely than the others.  So that is how I got to MIA or PHI as "probably" our first round opponent.  And MIA more likely than PHI, due to Embiid being back on the court.

« Reply #4436 on: April 03, 2024, 11:37:58 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith

I agree, I said our first round opponent is "probably" MIA or PHI.  There is still a reasonable chance that IND falls back into the play in though so there is a chance we get IND but less chance of that right now, then MIA or PHI.

And once the 1 game elimination play-in games start, anything can happen.  ATL and/or CHI could get in, but I see either as far less likely than the others.  So that is how I got to MIA or PHI as "probably" our first round opponent.  And MIA more likely than PHI, due to Embiid being back on the court.
I think it is more likely that we don't play Miami or Philly than it is that we do.

« Reply #4437 on: April 03, 2024, 12:16:42 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
I think it is more likely that we don't play Miami or Philly than it is that we do.

OK, well I don't agree, but we are both just guessing.  In order for it not to be MIA or PHI, IND would have to drop back, lose one game and maybe another, or ATL or CHI would need to beat MIA or PHI, all possibilities.  Most likely though, for it to not be MIA or PHI, one or the other would need to lose two games.

« Reply #4438 on: April 03, 2024, 12:23:00 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith

OK, well I don't agree, but we are both just guessing.  In order for it not to be MIA or PHI, IND would have to drop back, lose one game and maybe another, or ATL or CHI would need to beat MIA or PHI, all possibilities.  Most likely though, for it to not be MIA or PHI, one or the other would need to lose two games.
If Miami beats Indiana in a few days, they will move to 6. I think they win that game and do just that.  They have the same amount of losses right now, it isn't like Miami has to pick up ground.  That moves Miami to 6 and I'd expect Philly to beat Indy in the play in.

« Reply #4439 on: April 03, 2024, 12:27:21 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 734
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I would like to see it:

Boston v Pacers/Bulls