Author Topic: Romeo Langford(merged threads)  (Read 92078 times)

Re: Romeo Langford(merged threads)
« Reply #225 on: July 31, 2019, 03:05:12 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871
I just went back and looked at some of the you-tube video on him.  I don't see any catastrophic problem with his shot.  Drafting is a very inexact science.  Who knows how good he is going to be.  It would be foolish to declare him the next all star or whatever but I think equally foolish to give up on him already. 

He is 19 years old.  He will be barely 20 at the start of the season.  I don't expect much of him this season but I certainly feel he could be a good NBA player.  Look what Terry Rozier turned into and how much money he got.  Would it really be a shock if Langford turned out the be the next Rozier?

There are always plenty of James Youngs in every draft.  Langford could be one of them.  If he is, he won't be alone.

This is what I'm afraid with Langford

that he might turn out to be a right dominant version of James Young

both are long but lack exceptional quickness/explosiveness. Young couldn't drive right. Langford is right hand dominant.  Young was suppose to be a good shooter or at least had a sweet stroke that could lead to that. But never became one

Langford has more playground skills/creativity/craftyness that hopefully sets him apart

Still kind of bummed out that Herro was taken at #13 =T

There is nothing certain about any draft.  Anyone can become the next James Young.  I see a lot to like with Langford though.  You just can't know with him or anyone else.  Drafting 19 year olds is always going to be uncertain.

« Reply #226 on: July 31, 2019, 03:19:59 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
I hope he's good.

He is in a bad situation though in that he's behind established players. I don't see many minutes for him. I hate G league, so hope he practices here, but, there are three all stars whom are going to get all the minutes. As far as shooting? He will need to shoot well to get any minutes at all.

If Edwards keeps it together on defense? He will be the shooter off the bench which puts Langford further back.

Regardless, I like his game, very smooth, good judgements, he's on the bench for a very good team that isn't looking for help in his position.

« Reply #227 on: July 31, 2019, 03:46:41 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
Still hate the pick.

NAW
Goga
Doombouya

All better prospectzls, all better fits.

« Reply #228 on: July 31, 2019, 04:01:55 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Langford was my predraft favorite. I think he’ll be terrific.

The fit is awful but you don’t draft for need and hopefully not being forced into minutes early allows him to flesh out some of his weaknesses. If he wants minutes he’ll have to play the right way that means no selfishness and locked in defense.

Also gives him time to improve the left hand and his jumper.

I am really optimistic. He knows how to score. The James young comps are a bit lazy. They are both young, soft spoken wing prospects. Langford is miles more advanced. I also tend to question the concerns about compete level. He could have easily shut it down 5 games into the season but he chose not to.

I think he’s gonna he a solid player and if he can iron out some kinks and gets that jumper up to a solid level he can be a star, but it’s too early to rule out the possibility of a bust. He’s not super quick, he’s not shown to be an impact defender, he’s been a bad shooter and his game has relied on him having the ball and loooking to score all the time. If none of those things change then he’ll suck.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #229 on: August 20, 2019, 11:20:54 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
shooting drill 3 weeks ago (foggy)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhuy8bJ85y4

The good
1. His form looks different. No weird leg cave and bent wrist prior to shooting
2. perhaps this indicates his wrist is good to go/or close to

The bad
1. Only 2 shot clip, but he missed both. And pretty badly
2. Hope we don't have another Fultz shooting form adjustment disaster

I understand why Danny took a chance on Romeo.  He has the parameters to be a very good player at the NBA level.  But on the other hand if his shots don't fall plus defense can't continue to grow.... he is definitely going to become like a Evan Turner part 2

Still kind of bummed Celts didn't pick Brandon Clarke =T

« Reply #230 on: August 20, 2019, 11:26:00 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395

The good

The bad

I understand why Danny took a chance on Romeo.  He has the parameters to be a very good player at the NBA level.  But on the other hand if his shots don't fall plus defense can't continue to grow.... he is definitely going to become like a Evan Turner part 2

If we got turner where we drafted Langford that would definitely be a steal.

« Reply #231 on: August 20, 2019, 11:26:31 AM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307

The good

The bad

IMO, Brandon Clarke's lack of length limits his upside. I think you can argue taking him over Grant, but taking him at 14 seems like a reach, you want a high ceiling player there.

I can see the Fultz concerns, but one positive in our favor is Ainge was evidently high on this kid, and with Fultz, he diagnosed the issue (at least enough to move away from him) and avoided blowing a draft pick on a bust.

« Reply #232 on: August 20, 2019, 11:45:46 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

The good

The bad

IMO, Brandon Clarke's lack of length limits his upside. I think you can argue taking him over Grant, but taking him at 14 seems like a reach, you want a high ceiling player there.

I can see the Fultz concerns, but one positive in our favor is Ainge was evidently high on this kid, and with Fultz, he diagnosed the issue (at least enough to move away from him) and avoided blowing a draft pick on a bust.

Clarke has elite explosiveness and hangtime

Top 1 percent company imo

But he also has the motor, passing, iq and now 3 pt shooting (can make the open 3) to be a very good player

Yes his wingspan and reach is a concern but not really as a stretch 4 or power 3 imo

Celts could have traded 14, saved money and drafted

Clarke with 20, Williams with 22 and Edwards with 33

« Reply #233 on: August 20, 2019, 11:56:39 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

The good

The bad

If we got turner where we drafted Langford that would definitely be a steal.

you know he barely plays these past few years

and he is not old

« Reply #234 on: August 20, 2019, 01:21:45 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
I can't even really see his form from that video.

This time of year scouring youtube for new content is one of my favorite things. Sometimes the content matters. Other times it doesn't.

« Reply #235 on: August 20, 2019, 04:20:44 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871
I can't even really see his form from that video.

This time of year scouring youtube for new content is one of my favorite things. Sometimes the content matters. Other times it doesn't.

That video showed me exactly nothing.  If anything, his motion was kind of herky jerky.  Glad to see him working though.

Romeo wherefore art thou
« Reply #236 on: September 07, 2019, 03:02:03 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
Romeo hasn't got much press is he back in Indiana because his thumb is still not healed.
He is the big mystery of the off season.

Re: Romeo wherefore art thou
« Reply #237 on: September 07, 2019, 03:24:19 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Probably still recovering his hand

I have big expectations from him. I could see him looking like brown did as a rookie, with flashes of greatness here and there

« Reply #238 on: September 07, 2019, 03:31:29 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
This is from yesterday:

Rookies Grant Williams, Romeo Langford, Carsen Edwards, Tremont Waters and Tacko Fall have spent much of the summer in Boston, working out together and trying to get a crash course on what awaits them with the Celtics.

They often have been joined by the team’s coaches, as well as some veterans, such as former All-Star Gordon Hayward. Hayward’s decision to train in Boston rather than going to his summer home in San Diego has been well documented.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #239 on: September 07, 2019, 07:25:02 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
Probably still recovering his hand

I have big expectations from him. I could see him looking like brown did as a rookie, with flashes of greatness here and there

That will only happen if some of the Celtic guards gets injured.

Right now there's not enough minutes for Romeo as the Celts have Kemba, Smart, Brown, Hayward, and Carsen at the guard spots.

Wanamaker is also in the mix.

So the only way Romeo will get to play is if some of the Celtic guards are injured.

Or if Ainge makes a trade involving multiple Celtic players, that might open up some minutes for Romeo.