Author Topic: Fultz's Terrible Start & Injury Updates  (Read 29667 times)

Re: Fultz hasn't attempted a field goal past 14 feet this season. (Injured?)
« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2017, 09:40:34 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
How can anyone still be foolish to believe anything from the sixers organization? Do you really believe  the organization would let him play a basketball game if he can't raise his arm? This isn't game 7 of the finals and he's not Michael Jordan.

You don't even have to believe it. Here's the picture:

The kid is a bust and this is damage control so they can sell their jerseys before shutting him down for the year to get another lotto pick. Enough already. League has to start intervening in this nonsense.

They need to play him or they miss more opportunities for growth of their roster. If his injury doesnt get worse you do that. They also have to sell tickets. And oh, some injuries give off pain in certain angles and motions.  When i had injured my wrist i can write fine, i can even do layups, but i shoot threes and it hurts so bad.

Also, this is important, he has also jumped ball with his left. That has nothing to do with his confidence or mentality to shoot. Try hard to connect that with shooting Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline..

« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2017, 09:49:47 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
The kid is a bust and this is damage control so they can sell their jerseys before shutting him down for the year to get another lotto pick. Enough already. League has to start intervening in this nonsense.

Why would shutting down a bust get them a lotto pick? Seems like they'd want him out there as much as possible.

Re: Fultz hasn't attempted a field goal past 14 feet this season
« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2017, 09:51:53 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Why....the....heck....was....he....playing?

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21141852/philadelphia-76ers-rookie-markelle-fultz-had-fluid-drained-shoulder

"Markelle had a shoulder injury and fluid drained out of the back of his shoulder," agent Raymond Brothers told ESPN. "He literally cannot raise up his arms to shoot the basketball. He decided to try and fight through the pain to help the team. He has a great attitude. We are committed to finding a solution to get Markelle back to 100 percent."

The best part:

No decision has been made for Fultz to miss games, league sources said.

That can’t be real, right? The guy can’t raise his shoulder, and they’re not sure if they’re going to shut him down?

There's no way.  If he has some kind of shoulder injury it has to be rested.

EDIT: Well actually, here you go, he's already walking it back:

Markelle Fultz's agent, Tony Brothers, changed his story about fluid being drained from Fultz's right shoulder.
"He had a cortisone shot on Oct. 5, which means fluid was put into his shoulder -- Brothers said. "My intention earlier was to let people know that he's been experiencing discomfort. We will continue to work with [76ers GM] Bryan Colangelo and the medical staff." Fultz's inflammation and symptoms have improved, but it's clear that he hasn't been playing anywhere close to 100 percent. Considering how cautious the 76ers have been with their other prospects, it's shocking that they let the No. 1 overall pick play with so much discomfort in his shoulder.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nba/338806/Fultz's-agent-changes-story-about-shoulder
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2017, 09:56:02 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Why....the....heck....was....he....playing?

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21141852/philadelphia-76ers-rookie-markelle-fultz-had-fluid-drained-shoulder

"Markelle had a shoulder injury and fluid drained out of the back of his shoulder," agent Raymond Brothers told ESPN. "He literally cannot raise up his arms to shoot the basketball. He decided to try and fight through the pain to help the team. He has a great attitude. We are committed to finding a solution to get Markelle back to 100 percent."

The best part:

No decision has been made for Fultz to miss games, league sources said.

That can’t be real, right? The guy can’t raise his shoulder, and they’re not sure if they’re going to shut him down?

Welcome to Philly were we continuously get a top three pick and kill their careers before they start.....

Noel,Embiid,Simons, all had first seasons gone from injury. Okafor hasn't played more than 53 games in one season. Now Futlz can't lift his arm.

If they shut down Fultz and then Embiid  or Simmons for some thing questionably, the league better look into it.

« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2017, 10:00:27 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
So, after all that, Sixers end up with: 0.5 superstars (Embiid), 1 potential all-star (Simmons), 1 solid starter (Saric), and 2 busts (Fultz, Okafor). Am I missing anyone?

"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #65 on: October 24, 2017, 10:04:19 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
"He had a cortisone shot on Oct. 5, which means fluid was put into his shoulder -- Brothers said.
Really, Tony, that's what it means? We had no idea...
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #66 on: October 24, 2017, 10:09:54 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
So, after all that, Sixers end up with: 0.5 superstars (Embiid), 1 potential all-star (Simmons), 1 solid starter (Saric), and 2 busts (Fultz, Okafor). Am I missing anyone?

well to be fair they're not done yet

more draft picks coming in hot
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #67 on: October 24, 2017, 10:13:47 PM »

Offline jbp126

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
Philly has had no problem in recent years shutting down players who have had injury concerns. I believe there's an injury but I don't think that's the only reason Fultz changed his motion. This seems like an attempt to excuse a horribly ill-advised decision on Fultz's part to reconstruct his FT stroke.

Actually no, they had a player who they mismanaged an injury by playing him. I forgot who, will ask my friend.

CB is really getting worst. If you want gratification on picking Tatum, just watch him, he's a stud. No need to continuously put down another for that. This is very disappointing. Now news report come out saying you are wrong and you try save your pride by refysing to accept the reports? Keep digging your own graves.

Who mentioned Tatum? I liked Fultz a lot as a prospect predraft (wasn't thrilled about the trade initially) and I still think he could be a really good player but drastically changing his shooting motion, injury or not, was not a great idea and isn't a great start to his career.

Shockingly, Fultz's agent is walking back his comments about Markelle's shoulder being drained. http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21141852/philadelphia-76ers-rookie-markelle-fultz-had-cortisone-shot-shoulder

Please check your facts or "ask [your] friend" before you put words in my mouth and accuse me of contributing to CB "getting worst".
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 10:19:03 PM by jbp126 »

« Reply #68 on: October 24, 2017, 10:42:18 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Look guys, let's just try to get back on topic here. There's a bit of tension, but I would like to see this thread kept for more discussion. Fultz was one of my favorite binkies. I really do believe he's a better CJ Mcollum type of player.

I do believe Futlz needs the right environment to thrive. He seems like Hayward in a sense, that he's a quiet leader. While there are certainly faith instilled in Embiid, I don't see him as a leader as of yet. We forget how young these players really are. Their going to definitely need the guidance of a veteran locker room to get them back into shape mentally, and physically.

I love Fultz, and to be completely frank, I would still have Fultz as my second pick. Obviously, I like Tatum more, but only because we have Kyrie Irving and Smart. I still feel Fultz has ways to go, and I believe over time he'll become more confident and outgrow from this.

There's been countless examples, cut from the team, told he wouldn't become a 1st round pick, and the evidence of how horrible his Washington teammates were.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #69 on: October 24, 2017, 11:02:03 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

Calling Fultz a bust after 4 games is a rather silly thing to do.  Putting aside Fultz, the Sixers probably have 2 of the top 3 players on rookie contracts and 2 of the top 5 under 25 players.  That's a rather good return for their tanking and they still have the Lakers or Kings pick coming. 

« Reply #70 on: October 24, 2017, 11:12:16 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
why is this an issue?if a change of shooting motion did not work, why not just change back?

« Reply #71 on: October 25, 2017, 12:00:13 AM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
Not a doctor, so I don't know what this changes, but according to ESPN, Fultz' agent now says Fultz had liquid put into his shoulder, not drained out of it.  Seems worse to me, but like I said, I'm not a doctor.

« Reply #72 on: October 25, 2017, 12:08:09 AM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
I mean, how's your own agent that far off base?   

Philly ever the enigma

« Reply #73 on: October 25, 2017, 12:08:24 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Cortisone is what we had Shaq injecting every day so he can play on his messed up Achilles lol.

« Reply #74 on: October 25, 2017, 03:47:33 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404

Calling Fultz a bust after 4 games is a rather silly thing to do.  Putting aside Fultz, the Sixers probably have 2 of the top 3 players on rookie contracts and 2 of the top 5 under 25 players.  That's a rather good return for their tanking and they still have the Lakers or Kings pick coming.

Erm. We have that pick.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?