Around the League > Transaction Ideas and Rumors

Trade Ideas to Upgrade our Big Rotation

(1/7) > >>

Vermont Green:
I feel we need to upgrade some in our big rotation.  Horford is great, a legit starter, but after that, we don't have another starting quality big.  Morris has been playing great but he is more of a swing.  There have been threads about Randle (who I like but don't see how we get him) and others.  My latest infatuation is Bobby Portis so I have a couple of trade ideas for him.  What I am hoping for is all kinds of trades that get us a starting quality big or otherwise upgrade our big rotation.

Portis for Yabusele plus Clippers pick

Portis and Cameron Payne for Rozier and Yabusele.

The first one is sending out one big with a pick and getting back a better big.  The second one we give up the better "small" but get the better big.  Cameron Payne isn't horrible, he is clearly not as valuable as Rozier but for what we would need him to do, I think he would be fine.

PhoSita:
Do NOT want Bobby "Catch Me Outside" Portis on the team.

I feel like the guy the Celts need is Domantas Sabonis, not that he's available.  Just that sort of guy as the ideal of what they'd want.  Basically Baynes but springier and with more offensive skill.

Doesn't seem dire to me, Theis is pretty good as long as he's healthy, Baynes is great in certain matchups, and in other matchups Horford is the only big that's gonna get minutes.

Most of the guys I'd be interested in going after make enough money that the Celts would have to give up a significant rotation piece to get them.  Not worth it, to me.

KGs Knee:
Yeah, I don't have much good to say about Portis.  The guy is a bigger gunner than Morris, with a way more volatile personality.

nickagneta:
My only complaint about the bigs rotation is their health.

Horford has played amazing defense all year while being a great playmaker and though we are loaded with scorers, can still put up 20 point games.

Baynes is just what he is supposed to be, a great defensive inside force, excellent screen setter, good rebounder and an, at times, sneaky scorer.

Theis is another very good defender and rebounder who is a tremendous rim runner that still has to be guarded out on the perimeter.

With the advent of playing more SFs at PF across the league, Morris is great playing the PF position due to his strength and toughness. He should be a candidate for 6th man of the Year, if he returns to his off the bench role.

And rookie William's is dripping potential and showed in a pinch he can perform and be a factor.

Ojeleye has been a pleasant surprise giving quality minutes at power forward when called upon. He may not be the tallest PF, but he is a physical rock with great lower strength to keep opponents out of the paint. He also has shown major progress offensively.

Not sure why we need an upgrade. Especially Portis. Keep him far from the C's locker room.

RodyTur10:

--- Quote from: Vermont Green on December 12, 2018, 04:26:54 PM ---I feel we need to upgrade some in our big rotation.  Horford is great, a legit starter, but after that, we don't have another starting quality big.  Morris has been playing great but he is more of a swing.  There have been threads about Randle (who I like but don't see how we get him) and others.  My latest infatuation is Bobby Portis so I have a couple of trade ideas for him.  What I am hoping for is all kinds of trades that get us a starting quality big or otherwise upgrade our big rotation.

Portis for Yabusele plus Clippers pick

Portis and Cameron Payne for Rozier and Yabusele.

The first one is sending out one big with a pick and getting back a better big.  The second one we give up the better "small" but get the better big.  Cameron Payne isn't horrible, he is clearly not as valuable as Rozier but for what we would need him to do, I think he would be fine.

--- End quote ---

I don't like Portis attitude and Payne is horrible.

If we make a trade it has to be for an All Star calibre big. Don't spend assets on minor improvements, Celtics are deep enough.

Although I would be willing to move Yabusele for pretty much anyone, he is not gonna make it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version