Author Topic: Don't look now but Boston has a new hockey star  (Read 5681 times)

Don't look now but Boston has a new hockey star
« on: November 12, 2011, 10:50:01 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Tyler Seguin scored 2 more goals tonight and added another assist and has been the hottest player in the NHL over the last 2 weeks.

He has 11 goals, 9 assists and 20 points in 15 games with a +/- of +14.

He's 19 years old and is in the top 5 in many of the NHL's most important offensive categories.

There's no NBA and the Bruins are champions and now are the hottest team in the NHL with the hottest player in the NHL who happens to be one of the youngest players in the NHL. want something to divert your attention from CBA's, 50/50 splits, Stern, Hunter, Fischer and decertification. Start watching the Bruins. They are looking awesome right now after a championship hangover to start the season.

Re: Don't look now but Boston has a new hockey star
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2011, 11:08:02 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Interestingly, Phil Kessel is leading the league in goals and points.  It would be fantastic if those two could keep it up, so we could have a Kessel vs. Seguin rivalry.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2011, 11:27:39 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Interestingly, Phil Kessel is leading the league in goals and points.  It would be fantastic if those two could keep it up, so we could have a Kessel vs. Seguin rivalry.
Proof that some trades don't have winners and losers and work out great for both teams.

Though maybe I should reserve judgment on this until I see how Dougie Hamilton works out. If he ends up being a stud then I guess the B's won that trade.

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 12:17:54 AM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Proof that some trades don't have winners and losers and work out great for both teams.

Though maybe I should reserve judgment on this until I see how Dougie Hamilton works out. If he ends up being a stud then I guess the B's won that trade.

Good point on Hamilton. We will have to wait and see.Though if he does NOT become an all star defenseman a LOT of people will be stunned, myself included.

All in all, both teams received value, but if I were the bruins GM, I would not undo that trade.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2011, 12:24:38 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

Good point on Hamilton. We will have to wait and see.Though if he does NOT become an all star defenseman a LOT of people will be stunned, myself included.

All in all, both teams received value, but if I were the bruins GM, I would not undo that trade.
BTW, do you what's happening with Dougie. I can't seem to find any info on what he is doing now and where he is playing.

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2011, 12:28:58 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
The most impressive thing about Seguin has been how far he has come defensively.  He will still make a mistake here and there, but overall has become very strong in his own end, and has become a real pest in the neutral zone.  I actually think he is already a better 2-way player than Kessel is, and he is just going to get better.

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2011, 12:32:12 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
The most impressive thing about Seguin has been how far he has come defensively.  He will still make a mistake here and there, but overall has become very strong in his own end, and has become a real pest in the neutral zone.  I actually think he is already a better 2-way player than Kessel is, and he is just going to get better.
His speed and ability to get back up ice and be a force on the back check has made a giant leap. Also, his line seems to spring more man advantage surges up ice from the neutral zone over the last couple weeks than I have seen from a Bruins team in years.

Great observation Chris.

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2011, 12:37:00 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
His work on the power play has also been exceptional and has been one of the main reasons for the B's resurgence in that area where last year, let's be honest, they sucked.

I still have a hard time watching him play over the last couple weeks and believing that he is just 19 1/2 years old.

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2011, 12:05:59 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
too bad I don't find hockey exciting (especially since BC is #1 again).

instead, NFL football has become my de facto #1 sport with the NBA on hiatus . . . and the Patriots are wrenching my mind and my heart every which way each time that they play.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2011, 01:39:56 PM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
I am a born again hockey fan.

Tyler Seguin has been great.

No NBA, no problem!

www.YouTube.com/watch?v=MSDw3tMa7ec

Score Bobby Orr!!!

The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2011, 12:59:25 PM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
The coolest part about watching Seguin is seeing his natural chemistry with the equally fast Marchand.

Like Jack said Saturday, "Get used to that for ther next 15 years!"

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2011, 03:04:08 PM »

Offline WBrownTrophy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Thanks Red

instead, NFL football has become my de facto #1 sport with the NBA on hiatus . . . and the Patriots are wrenching my mind and my heart every which way each time that they play.

I am right there with ya...
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology."
                                   -Red Auerbach

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2011, 06:52:05 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509

I am right there with ya...

Me too. 

I enjoyed Orr and Esposito and the Big Bad Bruins when I was a teen -- but lost interest a long time ago and even the events of last season couldn't pull me back.  I definitely feel like I am missing out, but I can't make myself be interested.  It's the same with soccer and baseball. 

I do love the Pats and the NFL though!