Poll

Should the Celtics trade for AD?

Yes.  (Tatum in the deal)
22 (44.9%)
No.   (Not worth giving up assets for a one year rental)
19 (38.8%)
Yes but only if Tatum isn't in the deal.
8 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: Anthony Davis traded to Lakers(page 272)  (Read 343632 times)

Re: Anthony Davis trade thread(Davis trade request page 33)
« Reply #2025 on: February 07, 2019, 02:59:20 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
What if the lakers and pelicans all this time had some master plan and the deal gets done at the buzzer while the celtics had to sit this out while a lot of the eastern powers got better.

That would suck.

What if the Pelicans were furious with the Lakers for tampering and got revenge by conning them into offering nearly all their players except Lebron, publicizing it, and then rejecting it.  Oh, wait... hahaha.

« Reply #2026 on: February 07, 2019, 03:00:56 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 873
  • GOT IT!!!
So you guys ready for that game tonight?  :D

« Reply #2027 on: February 07, 2019, 03:02:28 PM »

Online RMO

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 104
 Andrew Lopez Retweeted

Joe Vardon

Verified account

@joevardon
 4m4 minutes ago
More
Anthony Davis’ agent Rich Paul tells me Davis is not being traded today

120 replies 951 retweets 1,523 likes
Reply 120   Retweet 951   Like 1.5K

« Reply #2028 on: February 07, 2019, 03:05:06 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
So you guys ready for that game tonight?  :D

The Garden will be.  "Lebron tried to trade you!"   ;D  It's going to be great.

« Reply #2029 on: February 07, 2019, 03:05:18 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1093600915754573825?s=21
Woj: Trade deadline passes --- and Boston will get its chance to trade for Anthony Davis.[/font]

« Reply #2030 on: February 07, 2019, 03:34:16 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
What if the lakers and pelicans all this time had some master plan and the deal gets done at the buzzer while the celtics had to sit this out while a lot of the eastern powers got better.

That would suck.

What if the Pelicans were furious with the Lakers for tampering and got revenge by conning them into offering nearly all their players except Lebron, publicizing it, ano d then rejecting it.  Oh, wait... hahaha.ld reward them for doing so
I stated the trade would never happen because the Lakers tampered with Davis and New Orleans would never trade Davis to a team that it twice complained to the league tampered with Davis. The idea that New Orleans would still trade Davis to LAL after complaining about LAL trying to sabotage their team by tampering with Davis always struck me as funny.

« Reply #2031 on: February 07, 2019, 03:39:31 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
How big of a cigar will Danny smoke tonight?

« Reply #2032 on: February 07, 2019, 03:43:09 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2485

That would suck.

What if the Pelicans were furious with the Lakers for tampering and got revenge by conning them into offering nearly all their players except Lebron, publicizing it, ano d then rejecting it.  Oh, wait... hahaha.ld reward them for doing so
I stated the trade would never happen because the Lakers tampered with Davis and New Orleans would never trade Davis to a team that it twice complained to the league tampered with Davis. The idea that New Orleans would still trade Davis to LAL after complaining about LAL trying to sabotage their team by tampering with Davis always struck me as funny.

TP to you and knuckleballer.

The Lakers tried to destabilize another organization and they are going to pay the price now.

Let's not undersell this, this is a TERRIBLE day for the Lakers. Not only do they not get their man but their locker room is likely in shambles, and they look like a dumpster fire of an organization that any sane free agent should want to avoid. The Pelicans did a wonderful thing here.

« Reply #2033 on: February 07, 2019, 03:45:51 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Adam Silver and Danny going out to dinner and crack open a fine bottle of champagne  ;D

« Reply #2034 on: February 07, 2019, 03:48:16 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
nothing

but

crickets

in  Faker Land

if you listen close you can hear Magic crying in the distance  :P

« Reply #2035 on: February 07, 2019, 03:59:38 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am

That would suck.

TP to you and knuckleballer.

The Lakers tried to destabilize another organization and they are going to pay the price now.

Let's not undersell this, this is a TERRIBLE day for the Lakers. Not only do they not get their man but their locker room is likely in shambles, and they look like a dumpster fire of an organization that any sane free agent should want to avoid. The Pelicans did a wonderful thing here.

That's indeed great entertainment. This week must have been one of the worst in Lakers history.

« Reply #2036 on: February 07, 2019, 04:03:35 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
If we sign someone to the MLE for two years, could we trade that player, Tatum, Yabu, Williams, and draft picks for Davis?  Those four players would count for about $18 million which is a few million short.  I'm not sure how much the draft picks would count for or the rules of a player just signed to the MLE.

I'm trying to figure out how we could keep Brown and Smart.

(I posted the same question in the buyout thread.  This might be the more appropriate thread.)

« Reply #2037 on: February 07, 2019, 04:04:19 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2525
nothing

but

crickets

in  Faker Land

So for the time being the Lakers don't get to buy their way into retaining the services of the top 2 players in the league.  I'll continue to worry that they'll get Leonard in the off-season.  It would be nice to see Magic blow the easiest GM job in professional sports. One can only hope.

« Reply #2038 on: February 07, 2019, 04:10:14 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
nothing

but

crickets

in  Faker Land

So for the time being the Lakers don't get to buy their way into retaining the services of the top 2 players in the league.  I'll continue to worry that they'll get Leonard in the off-season.  It would be nice to see Magic blow the easiest GM job in professional sports. One can only hope.

Imagine if we see 1-2 max stars go to the Clippers while LAL gets no one. Would be awesome!
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #2039 on: February 07, 2019, 04:10:53 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
If we sign someone to the MLE for two years, could we trade that player, Tatum, Yabu, Williams, and draft picks for Davis?  Those four players would count for about $18 million which is a few million short.  I'm not sure how much the draft picks would count for or the rules of a player just signed to the MLE.

I'm trying to figure out how we could keep Brown and Smart.

(I posted the same question in the buyout thread.  This might be the more appropriate thread.)
Any player you sign this off season must be kept and can't be traded until Dec 15th or so. So, there is no way a player signed this summer will be included in a Davis trade unless the teams figure out the difficult move of signing and trading someone for Davis. Not sure that will or can happen.