Poll

Should the Celtics trade for AD?

Yes.  (Tatum in the deal)
22 (44.9%)
No.   (Not worth giving up assets for a one year rental)
19 (38.8%)
Yes but only if Tatum isn't in the deal.
8 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: Anthony Davis traded to Lakers(page 272)  (Read 341539 times)

Re: Anthony Davis trade thread(Davis trade request page 33)
« Reply #1995 on: February 07, 2019, 12:12:11 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Adrian Wojnarowski

Verified account

@wojespn
 25m25 minutes ago
More
Nearly 3 hours away from the NBA's trade deadline and ... the Lakers-Pelicans talks on Anthony Davis are dormant, league sources tell ESPN. No communication, nor an expectation that they'll even speak today. Pelicans seem content to run out the clock.

« Reply #1996 on: February 07, 2019, 12:15:22 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Do do,do,do
do do do do

Clock ticking Down

on NBA FINAL Jeopardy

Who has the right trade for A. Davis

Who is the : Celtics ,Lakers or Will it be Jerry West Clippers ?

do do do do,

« Reply #1997 on: February 07, 2019, 12:17:40 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522
Go Clock!

« Reply #1998 on: February 07, 2019, 12:22:36 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
Rumored Celtics "offer" on twitter was Tatum, Smart, Williams, Horford and 3 1st round picks.

Zero percent chance Ainge offered that, even if he was making specific offers (which he isn't).

Agree. That is beyond too much for AD.

It’s unnecessary to include Horford.

Otherwise, it’s the exact package I’ve been predicting: Tatum, Smart, Williams, three firsts

that would be an overpay imo.

« Reply #1999 on: February 07, 2019, 12:33:25 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Adrian Wojnarowski

Verified account

@wojespn
 25m25 minutes ago
More
Nearly 3 hours away from the NBA's trade deadline and ... the Lakers-Pelicans talks on Anthony Davis are dormant, league sources tell ESPN. No communication, nor an expectation that they'll even speak today. Pelicans seem content to run out the clock.
This was so predictable.  Nobody on the Lakers roster other than LBJ is as good as Tatum, so there's no point in NOP making a counter-offer.  However, they do take a risk that DA will not cave to the Tatum demand this summer.

« Reply #2000 on: February 07, 2019, 12:36:57 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Rumored Celtics "offer" on twitter was Tatum, Smart, Williams, Horford and 3 1st round picks.

Zero percent chance Ainge offered that, even if he was making specific offers (which he isn't).

Otherwise, it’s the exact package I’ve been predicting: Tatum, Smart, Williams, three firsts

I thought you wanted to sign/trade Morris and not give up Smart? 

I'd rather trade Brown than Smart. Never thought I'd type that, but that's how I feel now.

« Reply #2001 on: February 07, 2019, 12:42:04 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
This works in the Trade Machine:

Tatum, Hayward, Williams, Yabu

for

AD, Hill, Moore

Key question is why would the Pelicans take on Hayward?

Well, there's good reason to think he might return to something like his previous form.

It would help if he has some nice moments over the remainder of the season and in the playoffs.

Whether the Pelicans want to remain halfway decent, or they flip Hayward for additional assets another year or so down the line, he wouldn't necessarily be a negative part of the deal.

I'm certain the Pelicans would prefer the rumored offer using Smart or Horford as salary filler, but if I were the Celts I'd try to sell the Pels on Hayward.

Here's hoping Hayward has some big games over the next few months.

thats the basis of the deal I would do.

No [dang] way in hell does NOP get Smart AND Tatum AND 3 picks AND filler.

nope never.

If they take Tatum they take Hayward OR a S&T Rozier starting at 14 mill, declining over 3 years (14,13,12)

« Reply #2002 on: February 07, 2019, 12:42:05 PM »

• Don Nelson
Adrian Wojnarowski

Verified account

@wojespn
 25m25 minutes ago
More
This was so predictable.  Nobody on the Lakers roster other than LBJ is as good as Tatum, so there's no point in NOP making a counter-offer.  However, they do take a risk that DA will not cave to the Tatum demand this summer.

Part of me thinks if they don't trade Davis today, then Danny has already made an under the table promise with them and Tatum would be as good as gone.

« Reply #2003 on: February 07, 2019, 12:43:52 PM »

• Don Nelson
Over and Under on how many Texts Lebron and Magic have exchanged over the last 3 days in regards to Davis...Set it at 100 :)...I say over

« Reply #2004 on: February 07, 2019, 12:45:12 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512

I'd rather trade Brown than Smart. Never thought I'd type that, but that's how I feel now.

You can’t S&T a player and combine with other players as part of a bigger trade.  You can only S&T a player by himself (and only 50% counts as outgoing salary) which makes it just about impossible to include Morris or Rozier unless if you were to make it a separate transaction possibly taking back unwanted salary.

« Reply #2005 on: February 07, 2019, 12:45:31 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Adrian Wojnarowski

Verified account

@wojespn
 25m25 minutes ago
More

If this doesn't happen today, Demps deserves major props around here.  Lebron and the Lakers screwed with him and he let them have it even worse in return.  The Lakers' locker room is going to be a mess the rest of the season.  Lebron and the rest of the team sure are going to hear about it from the fans tonight.  I wish I was going to the game.  It will be a fun atmosphere.

« Reply #2006 on: February 07, 2019, 12:48:31 PM »

Online RMO

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 104

Adam Himmelsbach

@AdamHimmelsbach
 Have been hearing that some within the Pels' organization want an AD trade now partly to get the PR mess/distraction out of the way, but that owner Gayle Benson and VP Mickey Loomis, who are more focused on the Saints, are unfazed by the noise.

12:41 PM - Feb 7, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
108 people are talking about this
Read on Twitter

« Reply #2007 on: February 07, 2019, 12:48:34 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
This works in the Trade Machine:

Tatum, Hayward, Williams, Yabu

for

AD, Hill, Moore

Key question is why would the Pelicans take on Hayward?

Well, there's good reason to think he might return to something like his previous form.

It would help if he has some nice moments over the remainder of the season and in the playoffs.

Whether the Pelicans want to remain halfway decent, or they flip Hayward for additional assets another year or so down the line, he wouldn't necessarily be a negative part of the deal.

I'm certain the Pelicans would prefer the rumored offer using Smart or Horford as salary filler, but if I were the Celts I'd try to sell the Pels on Hayward.

Here's hoping Hayward has some big games over the next few months.

My question would be why we take on Hill. He's useless. If people compain about Hayward, then you haven't seen Hill.
However if they'd include Holiday instead of Moore and Hill, then I'd do the deal.

It's a negotiation. It's not just giving up everything that New Orleans wants.

For the Celtics your (low) starting offer could be: Brown, filler, Sacramento pick, Memphis pick.
And the Pelicans would ask for the moon: Tatum, Brown, Smart, Williams + 4 picks.

End somewhere in the middle: New Orleans gets Tatum, Boston keeps Brown, New Orleans gets Williams, Boston keeps Smart, New Orleans gets one pick extra, Boston keep a pick.

End result: Tatum, Williams, salaryfiller, Sac Pick, Memphis pick, Clippers pick.

To me is a deal for just Tatum, Sac pick, Memphis pick, already perfectly reasonable.
Williams and a pick is the bonus for the Pelicans for waiting on us to make a deal.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 12:54:28 PM by RodyTur10 »

« Reply #2008 on: February 07, 2019, 01:07:06 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell

You can’t S&T a player and combine with other players as part of a bigger trade.  You can only S&T a player by himself (and only 50% counts as outgoing salary) which makes it just about impossible to include Morris or Rozier unless if you were to make it a separate transaction possibly taking back unwanted salary.

its an easy enough work around.

ie:
Rozier signs 3 year deal declining, first year 18 mill, outgoing salary 18 mill, incoming 9 mill (Hill)

then make other trade to add up to davis with the soon to be buyout signee

Trade Tatum into their capspace as part 1 of the deal, Horford opts out and resigns a 3 year increasing deal, Baynes the same (save 2 mill on Baynes, save 15 ish mill on Horford, Save 8 mill on Tatum) that allows for team to sign and trade a player with no BYC cause we would be under the cap, even with Kyries Caphold.

so there are ways it can happen

« Reply #2009 on: February 07, 2019, 01:24:22 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Crickets  ;)