Author Topic: Pelicans (14-14) at Celtics (15-10) Game #26 12/10/18  (Read 36424 times)

Re: Pelicans (14-14) at Celtics (15-10) Game #26 12/10/18
« Reply #585 on: December 11, 2018, 01:09:44 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I'm just happy to see LB back engaging us with very specific examples and explanations on various subjects. This place can get boring with all the generalities...and I know I sure do not help.
its Christmas time.  I missed my old friends.

Are you quitting Reddit?
No.  I got a stalker over there who is following me around trying to cyber bully me into killing myself, so I'm hiding out over here until that's taken care of.

It's good to see all the old familiar faces and this forum living on post celticsblog. 
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 02:42:51 AM by LarBrd33 »

« Reply #586 on: December 11, 2018, 04:35:55 AM »

Offline CoachBS#1

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 31
Robert Williams passing skills was superb!!!

« Reply #587 on: December 11, 2018, 04:42:43 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
I'm just happy to see LB back engaging us with very specific examples and explanations on various subjects. This place can get boring with all the generalities...and I know I sure do not help.

Are you quitting Reddit?
No.  I got a stalker over there who is following me around trying to cyber bully me into killing myself, so I'm hiding out over here until that's taken care of.

It's good to see all the old familiar faces and this forum living on post celticsblog.

Sorry, man.  That's awful.  Glad to have you back.

« Reply #588 on: December 11, 2018, 07:11:45 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
Brad in the post game being asked what he thought of Robert’s defense on Anthony Davis:   “Well he held him to 41...”

Brad got jokes.

He played ok. The two blocks don't make up for the many points he gave up. Fundamentals aren't flashy, but Brad teaches them.

All of this. Kid shows a lot of promise, but he’s still very raw.

« Reply #589 on: December 11, 2018, 08:32:08 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
terrific game by a very depleted C's team against a decent opponent.  Williams has some work to do on his team D but his man on man looks to be improving.

is it just me or did anyone else think Rozier was a drag on the team when he was in there?

i dread him coming in .  He gets a few rebounds , other than that   he adds nothing .   His play and IQ is not like Smart who can impact games positive while shooting poorly .   Rozier has opposite effect of Smart ....when he is missing shots he is killing the team , stopping runs .   Rozier is a poor IQ player and too selfish .  Rozier will never ever be Uncle Drew

Smart had a few dazzling plays, but on a night when Rozier had more rebounds, more assists, fewer turnovers,  and more points on fewer shots than Smart and also played solid D, I am just not seeing it.

Of course Rozier isn't Kyrie, but what he did show me is that when he gets extended run with the starting unit, he is still very good.

« Reply #590 on: December 11, 2018, 08:56:30 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
I really liked how Jaylen Brown played tonight. He forced some shots, but this team needs that aggressive attitude. We get to content to take what the defense gives us. We need someone to come off the bench and attack the defense hard.

Brown is a special player.

« Reply #591 on: December 11, 2018, 09:00:51 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
terrific game by a very depleted C's team against a decent opponent.  Williams has some work to do on his team D but his man on man looks to be improving.

is it just me or did anyone else think Rozier was a drag on the team when he was in there?

i dread him coming in .  He gets a few rebounds , other than that   he adds nothing .   His play and IQ is not like Smart who can impact games positive while shooting poorly .   Rozier has opposite effect of Smart ....when he is missing shots he is killing the team , stopping runs .   Rozier is a poor IQ player and too selfish .  Rozier will never ever be Uncle Drew

Smart had a few dazzling plays, but on a night when Rozier had more rebounds, more assists, fewer turnovers,  and more points on fewer shots than Smart and also played solid D, I am just not seeing it.

Of course Rozier isn't Kyrie, but what he did show me is that when he gets extended run with the starting unit, he is still very good.
ok, so it may have just been me seeing it.  I'm not a Rozier basher but this season he looks to have regressed in his game.  just seemed last night (to me) that he had a number of questionable plays -- moreso than the rest of the team (outside of Wanamaker)

« Reply #592 on: December 11, 2018, 09:02:45 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I really liked how Jaylen Brown played tonight. He forced some shots, but this team needs that aggressive attitude. We get to content to take what the defense gives us. We need someone to come off the bench and attack the defense hard.

Brown is a special player.
agree that Jaylen needs to be that aggressive when he comes in.  makes a big difference in the offense that this team generates, particularly with him playing with the second unit.   if he can get his FT shooting % up another 10 points, he'll become that much more effective when teams will become a bit more hesitant to foul him.

« Reply #593 on: December 11, 2018, 09:13:51 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

ok, so it may have just been me seeing it.  I'm not a Rozier basher but this season he looks to have regressed in his game.  just seemed last night (to me) that he had a number of questionable plays -- moreso than the rest of the team (outside of Wanamaker)

Oh, you're right, Rozier totally sucks this year. I was just pointing out that I thought he actually played pretty well last night and seemingly better than Smart (who had a few rough TOs and was god-awful shooting the ball).

As I mentioned, I was most impressed with his ability as a lead guard against a pretty good team since I wasn't sure if he had totally lost it or not. He wasn't quite up to the standard of last year, but if DA is still looking at Terry as as a possible trade chip, then last night only helped his value if a team is looking for a dynamic, starting level guard with room to improve.

« Reply #594 on: December 11, 2018, 09:15:19 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
CBS defense is really quite brilliant. NBA teams are filled with 3/D players, which means many of those players cannot create for themselves at a high level.

No double teams. Allow their best one-on-one scorers to try to score against our best one-on-one defenders, but do not allow their offense to move the ball around. Close out effectively against the shooters, do not allow straight line drives, and force them to create for themselves or drop it off to their best offensive player for another one-on-one possession.

Offenses are potent today not because of individual one-on-one scoring, but because of how explosive teams can be when they move the ball . Let their best players get 60 combined. Their offense will cap out around 100 while the Cs move the ball on the other end and score 115.

« Reply #595 on: December 11, 2018, 11:17:47 AM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346

Are you quitting Reddit?
While the severity is not, I find it humorous you complained about the existence of 'stalkers' here too.

« Reply #596 on: December 11, 2018, 11:39:48 AM »

Offline bknova

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 73
Brad in the post game being asked what he thought of Robert’s defense on Anthony Davis:   “Well he held him to 41...”

Brad got jokes.

He played ok. The two blocks don't make up for the many points he gave up. Fundamentals aren't flashy, but Brad teaches them.

Absolutely, but holding Davis to 15 pts on 17 shots is quite an accomplishment for your first extended assignment.  Also, what impressed me the most were that the two blocks were Bill Russell blocks.  He kept the ball in play and initiated a transition opportunity each time, and thats a pretty rare skill these days.

« Reply #597 on: December 11, 2018, 11:50:16 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

Brad got jokes.

Absolutely, but holding Davis to 15 pts on 17 shots is quite an accomplishment for your first extended assignment.  Also, what impressed me the most were that the two blocks were Bill Russell blocks.  He kept the ball in play and initiated a transition opportunity each time, and thats a pretty rare skill these days.

They were nice blocks , a skilled,controlling effort .  Thats got t be bit of a psychological sting with a block like that ,  not some lucky wild swipe , but a full clean controlled rejection .  Thats the type,of defense we have not had since KG maned the 5

« Reply #598 on: December 11, 2018, 12:38:47 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741

Brad got jokes.

They were nice blocks , a skilled,controlling effort .  Thats got t be bit of a psychological sting with a block like that ,  not some lucky wild swipe , but a full clean controlled rejection .  Thats the type,of defense we have not had since KG maned the 5

And he tied Tatum to lead the team with a +13 on the night.

I don't think I could've asked for a better night from The Time Lord in his first bit of extended court time.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #599 on: December 11, 2018, 01:27:03 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

Are you quitting Reddit?
While the severity is not, I find it humorous you complained about the existence of 'stalkers' here too.
It’s entirely plausible it’s the same guy.  He’s been using multiple Reddit accounts.  My personal theory is it’s someone I owned in a fantasy basketball league who has been holding a grudge for years.  I’m admittedly often annoying, but come on...

No big deal.  They are taking care of it. 
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 01:33:35 PM by LarBrd33 »