Author Topic: JJ Hickson on the trading block( perfect BBD replacement)  (Read 4555 times)

Re: JJ Hickson on the trading block( perfect BBD replacement)
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2011, 04:40:21 PM »

Offline Tai

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 32
It's not even guaranteed we get that pick next year. If the lottery puts it in the top 10 it's not ours. I have no problem dealing it away to get someone like hickson

That's fine, but using that logic, that means it wouldn't be Cleveland's either, right? Will they take that chance?

Anyways, I'm not so sure Hickson's the kind of player I want on the C's going forward (at least starting), but in order to contend for, in theory, one final year, I think he'd be good off the bench for us in place of BBD.

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2011, 04:42:47 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
It's not even guaranteed we get that pick next year. If the lottery puts it in the top 10 it's not ours. I have no problem dealing it away to get someone like hickson

That's fine, but using that logic, that means it wouldn't be Cleveland's either, right? Will they take that chance?

Anyways, I'm not so sure Hickson's the kind of player I want on the C's going forward (at least starting), but in order to contend for, in theory, one final year, I think he'd be good off the bench for us in place of BBD.

Despite his post season struggles, and despite that he's absolutely maddening to watch at some points I'd much prefer Big Baby to JJ Hickson

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2011, 07:36:03 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
yeah we can't give up the Clippers pick for someone who might end up with less impact than Baby....way too risky.

Worst case scenario we have to wait longer for that pick to come to us.  Best case scenario we get a future all-star, not at all unlikely imo.  Crazy draft next year.