Author Topic: Trade Idea - Hayward out, Morris Out...Rozier to follow  (Read 4835 times)

Re: Hayward out, Morris Out...Rozier to follow
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2019, 01:44:21 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
To Atlanta:
Hayward, LAC pick, Boston pick, Portland pick
out:
Lin, Prince, Carter, Dedmon, Dallas pick

why?
Atlanta adds a player to keep people in the seats and win them some games. Move down from the dallas pick to have 2 extra picks instead. Atlanta improves in the deal now and longterm.

Blazers in
Dedmon, Morris
out:
Nurkic, and pick

why?
Portland cuts down on their crushing salary while improving their frontcourt overall.

Boston in:
Nurkic, Lin, Carter, Prince and Dallas 1st
out:
Hayward, Morris, LAC pick, Boston pick

Why?
Boston takes large salary and and a shot searcher and instead adds depth and roll players. Move also consolidates 2 late picks and increases chances at another top 10 pick. Lin is an expiring but allows for a rozier trade. Moves saves Boston 6 mill in salary

Next is Rozier and Yabusele for Bender and a protected 1st

Irving/Lin/Wannamaker
Brown/Smart/Carter
Tatum/Prince/Semi
Horford/Theis/Bender
Nurkic/Baynes/Williams

Don't like that team, plus the Hawks have always been terrible in league attendance. Having a player like Hayward, who could bounce back could help, but Ainge wouldn't trade Hayward to the Hawks of all teams... Ainge has a history of sending off players like Pierce, Garnett, Rondo, and other beloved Celtics to teams with playoff aspirations. Definitely never to any tank teams unless he really hates them.

We're also giving up Morris, Rozier, Yabusele, two picks for Bender, Carter, Prince, Lin, Nurkic, and Bender?

Yeah I'll pass...

Prince is a good player. A jae crowder type.
Lin a 14 mill expiring
And you forgot to mention the dallas pick. Anither sure to be top 12 pick

The Hawks aren't giving up the Dallas pick...

Ainge needs to do something.

There is a 30 million a year player that cannot play center, has a tough time playing PF and obviously cannot play in back to backs and a 30+ mill dollar player who passively comes off the bench that can only give 15, 5 and 6 per 36 minutes. Rozier gives that at a 10th the cost.

speaking of Rozier, he and morris are playing for contracts, not the name on the front of the jersey

None of which is accurate, but okay.

they will for an upgrade

and that is your opinion. but fact is, 15, 5 and 5 with the leeway Hayward is given is easily replaceable and is in no way worth 31 mill per season for 4 more years.

And terry and Morris are indeed playing for contracts, they are free agents at the end of season, think either one of them would be ok with a 25% drop in usage and time in a contract year?

Honestly, there is alot more evidence supporting what I stated is true than the non-evidence supporting the otherwise

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2019, 01:50:33 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
To Atlanta:
out:

why?
Atlanta adds a player to keep people in the seats and win them some games. Move down from the dallas pick to have 2 extra picks instead. Atlanta improves in the deal now and longterm.

Blazers in
Dedmon, Morris
out:
Nurkic, and pick

why?
Portland cuts down on their crushing salary while improving their frontcourt overall.

Boston in:
out:

Why?
Boston takes large salary and and a shot searcher and instead adds depth and roll players. Move also consolidates 2 late picks and increases chances at another top 10 pick. Lin is an expiring but allows for a rozier trade. Moves saves Boston 6 mill in salary

Irving/Lin/Wannamaker
Brown/Smart/Carter
Tatum/Prince/Semi
Horford/Theis/Bender
Nurkic/Baynes/Williams

Don't like that team, plus the Hawks have always been terrible in league attendance. Having a player like Hayward, who could bounce back could help, but Ainge wouldn't trade Hayward to the Hawks of all teams... Ainge has a history of sending off players like Pierce, Garnett, Rondo, and other beloved Celtics to teams with playoff aspirations. Definitely never to any tank teams unless he really hates them.

We're also giving up Morris, Rozier, Yabusele, two picks for Bender, Carter, Prince, Lin, Nurkic, and Bender?

Yeah I'll pass...

Lin a 14 mill expiring

There is a 30 million a year player that cannot play center, has a tough time playing PF and obviously cannot play in back to backs and a 30+ mill dollar player who passively comes off the bench that can only give 15, 5 and 6 per 36 minutes. Rozier gives that at a 10th the cost.

speaking of Rozier, he and morris are playing for contracts, not the name on the front of the jersey

they will for an upgrade

and that is your opinion. but fact is, 15, 5 and 5 with the leeway Hayward is given is easily replaceable and is in no way worth 31 mill per season for 4 more years.

And terry and Morris are indeed playing for contracts, they are free agents at the end of season, think either one of them would be ok with a 25% drop in usage and time in a contract year?

Honestly, there is alot more evidence supporting what I stated is true than the non-evidence supporting the otherwise

You just said that Hayward is not worth the 30 million...

So why in the world, would the Hawks take on Hayward's contract for the next 4 years if he's as 'replaceable,' as you said he is? For one extra draft pick that will end up being a late lottery pick? They are also giving up Prince. Only team that maybe does this, is Portland, but Nurkic has been a perfect fit for that team since they need a bruiser/rebounder down low, and a guy who does all the dirty work.

And I'm confused by the 15/5/5 numbers? Are you merely going by the past 7 games, or per 36?

Hayward per 36 is 15.2, 6.6 RPG, 4.9 APG and 1.3 SPG. Nothing spectacular, but at least he's on the floor, and has shown he can prove it in some games.

Parsons, Deng, Noah, were some very questionable ones..

The problem with Hayward is not his inconsistency, it's his passiveness. He's too afraid to step on anyone's toes, and there just isn't enough shots to go around, hence the benching for Brown/Hayward. If he took 3-4 extra shots, I firmly believe his averages would be about 14-15, and his PER would be 16-18. Not max numbers, but we have to remain steadfast and patient.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 02:00:46 PM by Monkhouse »
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2019, 02:07:04 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
To Atlanta:
out:

why?

Blazers in
Dedmon, Morris
out:
Nurkic, and pick

why?

Boston in:
out:

Why?

Irving/Lin/Wannamaker
Brown/Smart/Carter
Tatum/Prince/Semi
Horford/Theis/Bender
Nurkic/Baynes/Williams

Yeah I'll pass...

Lin a 14 mill expiring

they will for an upgrade

You just said that Hayward is not worth the 30 million...

So why in the world, would the Hawks take on Hayward's contract for the next 4 years if he's as 'replaceable,' as you said he is? For one extra draft pick that will end up being a late lottery pick? They are also giving up Prince. Only team that maybe does this, is Portland, but Nurkic has been a perfect fit for that team since they need a bruiser/rebounder down low, and a guy who does all the dirty work.

And I'm confused by the 15/5/5 numbers? Are you merely going by the past 7 games, or per 36?

Hayward per 36 is 15.2, 6.6 RPG, 4.9 APG and 1.3 SPG. Nothing spectacular, but at least he's on the floor, and has shown he can prove it in some games.

Parsons, Deng, Noah, were some very questionable ones..

The problem with Hayward is not his inconsistency, it's his passiveness. He's too afraid to step on anyone's toes, and there just isn't enough shots to go around, hence the benching for Brown/Hayward. If he took 3-4 extra shots, I firmly believe his averages would be about 14-15, and his PER would be 16-18. Not max numbers, but we have to remain steadfast and patient.

Hayward still has a name, and as a starter with a young team he may be forced to come out of his shell.

Right now on the celtics he is not worth anywhere near 31 mill per season putting up a per 36 of 15,6 and 5.

that is replaceable for a fraction of the cost.

I firmly believe this team will accomplish nothing, potentially a first round exit with this current version of Gordon and Horford....I dont see him getting it back and see Tatum and Brown both deserving of more opportunity.

Re: Trade Idea - Hayward out, Morris Out...Rozier to follow
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2019, 02:07:14 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
How about we send Rozier and Hayward to the Jazz... in exchange for Rubio + Exum + sefolosha ?
Why for Celtics :
- We drop below luxury tax ( can also include bird).... ( the tax rules may have been changed so the tax amount due after the season is dependent on the total paid during the season not the team salaries at seasons end.)
 - clearly defined roles and minutes for the remaining top dogs.
- Exum can do smart like thing off the bench
- Rubio can help with half court offense during the playoffs
- helps keep Memphis and Sacramento below Utah in the standings
- Danny won’t look bad for sending Hayward back to his second favorite team
- no more playing favorites from the coach
- won’t lose Rozier for nothing
Why for Utah :
-Possible playoff push as all their point guards are Injured and or will get injured again
-Utah’s once favorite is going back home
- May want to resign Rozier to pair with Mitchell ... May not have the cap space to do so next summer
- save 10 ish millions on what they would have paid Hayward if he stayed in Utah ...

Sorry for the long post... I also don’t have time to post too often but when I have time I make it count 🤣

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2019, 02:19:00 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
How about we send Rozier and Hayward to the Jazz... in exchange for Rubio + Exum + sefolosha ?
Why for Celtics :
- We drop below luxury tax ( can also include bird).... ( the tax rules may have been changed so the tax amount due after the season is dependent on the total paid during the season not the team salaries at seasons end.)
Why for Utah :
-Possible playoff push as all their point guards are Injured and or will get injured again
- May want to resign Rozier to pair with Mitchell ... May not have the cap space to do so next summer
- save 10 ish millions on what they would have paid Hayward if he stayed in Utah ...

Sorry for the long post... I also don’t have time to post too often but when I have time I make it count 🤣

I would do it

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2019, 02:20:48 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
Why for Celtics :
Why for Utah :

TP for the trade idea, but yeah.... That's terrible trade for Celtics... We get Exum/Thabo who are meh, and Rubio is a solid player, but we have Kyrie/Smart who can fill in at spot PG minutes.

This is quite literally a salary dump, but no assets/prospects are headed our way... We should at least expect a pick.

Why for Celtics :
Why for Utah :

I would do it

Color me surprised.  ::) ::)

OP should add a poll.

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2019, 02:32:32 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
Why for Celtics :
Why for Utah :

TP for the trade idea, but yeah.... That's terrible trade for Celtics... We get Exum/Thabo who are meh, and Rubio is a solid player, but we have Kyrie/Smart who can fill in at spot PG minutes.

This is quite literally a salary dump, but no assets/prospects are headed our way... We should at least expect a pick.

Danny has done similar trades in the past although on a smaller scale.
Remember the Memphis trade when we dumped Courtney Lee on them and lost a second rounder in the process? It was a terribly sounding trade then... Lee also became integral part of the grislys playoff teams..

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2019, 02:43:20 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
Why for Celtics :
Why for Utah :

Danny has done similar trades in the past although on a smaller scale.
Remember the Memphis trade when we dumped Courtney Lee on them and lost a second rounder in the process? It was a terribly sounding trade then... Lee also became integral part of the grislys playoff teams..

Bolded part answers your own question. Hayward's contract is harder to match in salaries, plus he's an Allstar/coming off an injury with depleted value. Lee got traded because he wanted more minutes, better role, and was struggling.

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2019, 03:44:14 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
C's have several projected middling picks, DAL Top 5 protected isn't much better than MEM and SAC
this proposal makes the C's ceiling worse imo

I read the title of this thread and thought it was injury related.

Same, immediately thought rest day or DTD injury/illness  :P

« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2019, 04:58:54 PM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
I read the title of this thread and thought it was injury related.

There was an injury to someone: my eyes were injured reading this.

« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2019, 05:14:11 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
So Atlanta is giving up four players and only taking back one?

Why would they do that?(minus the GM had a couple nice stiff cocktails before agreeing)

« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2019, 06:26:08 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
These trades really just make no sense for anyone involved. Especially the Atlanta one. That one is flat out terrible for both sides
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2019, 08:37:17 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
Only trade I'd consider for Hayward would be with the Wizards for Porter + Morris.

Let's say Hayward + Bird for Porter + Morris

We could even expand it to include let's say Yabu from the C's and Troy Brown Jr (#15 last June) from the Wiz.

According to Woj (among others), the Wizards want to reshape their team around Wall and Beal. It's possible that they might be willing to flip Porter + other asset(s) for Hayward.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 08:59:07 PM by Jvalin »

« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2019, 09:09:51 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Only trade I'd consider for Hayward would be with the Wizards for Porter + Morris.

We could even expand it to include let's say Yabu from the C's and Troy Brown Jr (#15 last June) from the Wiz.

According to Woj (among others), the Wizards want to reshape their team around Wall and Beal. It's possible that they might be willing to flip Porter + other asset(s) for Hayward.
Brutal trade for us. Jeesh.

Goodbye to any hopes of a) winning and b) signing a marquee FA with DA at the helm.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2019, 09:50:38 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737

Brutal trade for us. Jeesh.

Goodbye to any hopes of a) winning and b) signing a marquee FA with DA at the helm.
The way I see it, we have far too many alphas on this team. We need guys who are used to playing off the ball. Porter thrives off the ball. He excels at catch and shoot plays, plus he can defend multiple positions. In a vacuum, Hayward is the better player (at least pre-injury), but Porter ain't no scrub either.

Having said that, I agree that the C's wouldn't do the trade.

- chances are that CBS would not be in favor of trading Hayward
- (as you pointed out) good luck trying to sign marquee free agents in the future

Don't agree that the C's would be a worse team though. On the contrary, I believe Porter would be a better fit next to our starters than Hayward is.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 10:07:28 PM by Jvalin »