Author Topic: An air ball to Kelly and top of backboard bounce  (Read 1771 times)

An air ball to Kelly and top of backboard bounce
« on: November 23, 2017, 08:42:49 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
And a football heave by Jaylen out of endzone,some missed foul shots by reliable shooters.And that score from a top of backboard bounce and an air ball assist to kelly underneath-Some very good defense only to draw a foul with 24 second clock about to elapse.
This is how a streak ends

Re: An air ball to Kelly and top of backboard bounce
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2017, 08:57:10 AM »

Offline satch

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 136
And a football heave by Jaylen out of endzone,some missed foul shots by reliable shooters.And that score from a top of backboard bounce and an air ball assist to kelly underneath-Some very good defense only to draw a foul with 24 second clock about to elapse.
This is how a streak ends
Absolutely....Plus fourth game in six days. The score off the top of the backboard bounce being the most harmful.  Sometimes its just meant to be...

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2017, 09:15:01 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
It doesn't help that in addition to Smart's shooting woes, your boy Semi can't hit the side of a barn. Since November 8th he's shot 2 for 15 from the field and 0 for 10 from the 3PT line. And these are wide open shots he's taking and sometimes airballing. Unlike Smart he doesn't take highly contested shots.

I'm sure you've just forgotten to post about him playing horribly, so just wanted to give you a friendly reminder.

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2017, 10:02:58 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
It doesn't help that in addition to Smart's shooting woes, your boy Semi can't hit the side of a barn. Since November 8th he's shot 2 for 15 from the field and 0 for 10 from the 3PT line. And these are wide open shots he's taking and sometimes airballing. Unlike Smart he doesn't take highly contested shots.

I'm sure you've just forgotten to post about him playing horribly, so just wanted to give you a friendly reminder.

Ah, the camaraderie and holiday spirit of Celticblog!

All joking aside, Happy Bird-day!! (that should be the official name of Thanksgiving on Csblog).
I hope everyone enjoys their day.

Holiday TPs to all in the thread.

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2017, 10:04:45 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
Eddie-d222
Don't forget we won on defense and that's what he does really well  at the moment
Maybe you should pick on Lonzo or Simmons
Are you one of those small time condo rental guys or property managers that evicts tenants and keeps security deposits
AND PICKS ON OUR ROOKIES

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2017, 10:14:54 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
Eddie-d222
Don't forget we won on defense and that's what he does really well  at the moment
Are you one of those small time condo rental guys or property managers that evicts tenants and keeps security deposits
AND PICKS ON OUR ROOKIES

I love Tatum, like Theis, and like the little I've seen of Bird. I think Semi sucks, I don't think Nader belongs in the NBA at all, and have concerns about Yabu, but I remain somewhat hopeful.

So it's okay to praise Semi, but it's not okay to be critical of him? Why? If he were playing well, this forum would be cluttered with your threads on him, but since he's not you don't offer a single word. You don't find that a bit biased, if not weird?

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2017, 10:34:50 AM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

eddie, this isnt meant to be friendly, and you know it.  :P why call out another poster for something such as this?

next, semi's shooting is pretty poor as of late, but i wonder how much of that is being a rookie? he did shoot 41.5% for 3pters over 58 games in college. plus his FT shooting was 78.5%. both these indicate he might yet improve.

so, i hold out hope for semi still.  ;D
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 10:47:23 AM by hwangjini_1 »
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2017, 10:43:08 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker

Eddie-D222
Taking 1 shot or two doesn't really count
 17 minutes vs warriors and 5 rebounds-being part of number 1 defense in league guarding the likes of Porzingis and the Greek Freak-thought i saw him guarding Dirk
You wouldn't dare say that" he sucks" to his face-
Nobody home for Thanksgiving are you TURKEY SCROOGE

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2017, 11:04:18 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Eddie-d222
AND PICKS ON OUR ROOKIES

What the he** is this? If a tenant tells you they aren't paying you and they aren't moving, then what choice does a landlord have? And by the time a tenant actually is evicted, they have already sapped you for a few months of rent and trashed the place. The security deposit is a drop in the bucket at that point.

Sorry to veer of track, but this 'housing is a right' bs really gets me. As for the game, that's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes. We had our day in the sun two days earlier against Dallas with some crazy saves and timely buckets.

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2017, 11:05:22 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I think Semi will be fine. I like him especially defensively. Nader on the other hand I haven't seen a lot of him but what I have seen has not impressed me. I think he is over his head. I love all the other players whether they are starters or rotation players. I hope that they are practicing free throws on Thanksgiving. Al's free throws were desperately needed at the time in the game and he missed them both. Those two instances you mention Rollie are freak lucky instances but you have to admit that we got our asses kicked last night even though we made a valiant effort late 4th quarter. I can't believe that we could not stop even one of the two of Dragic or Waiters. They just killed us. I am getting so tired of seeing a pass to the rim whether it's Baynes or Theis or Horford and a kick back out to the 3 point line. Occasionally why don't we just take the 2 point dunk or layup when the 3 is not needed like at the end of the game?

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2017, 11:19:38 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I for one, don't really KO.   I like the athletic guys like Tatum much better.  But I would be lying if I said we do not miss his bench scoring.

Nader on the other hand I haven't seen a lot of him but what I have seen has not impressed me. I think he is over his head

I think Nader is ok on defense.   His foot speed and inability to stay in front of his man kills him on D.   He is gutsy and resourceful on offense.   On defense, he is liability despite having a 7-4 reach and simply can't stay in front of his man.   He does not get into his defense stance enough and plays too straight legged and bends at the waist instead of the knee.  Watch him and you will see it.   He does not play much now but I still cringe when he enters the game due to his defense.   I also cringe when Rozier drives and now when Marcus shoots.   Rooting for them to do well but they all have their gaps in their games.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 11:27:51 AM by Celtics4ever »

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2017, 11:30:22 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
I was posting that that was a tired streak that ran out of comeback
Kelly scored on that air ball while being boxed out by Rozier
,Kelly fooled Jaylen big time on a move Jaylen must have seen multiple times last year and in practice-it was a fitting end of a tired streak and Miami had two good practices this week and wanted to take us down-.
That was a TURKEY TRAP GAME
-a lets get home game
Horford is tired and his shot is reflecting it and his free throws
Marcus Morris knee is acting up
A lot of traveling,a long emotional streak-it was time to end it
to a well coached,talented, rested/practiced/prepared team at home

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2017, 11:39:28 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

Why wouldn't I? If it's because you somehow believe I'd be scared I'd like to point that I've trained MMA since 2006, have trained under and against a lot of professional fighters (including current UFC/Bellator guys), I'm a Brown in BJJ (would be a black if I had stayed at ATT), have competed and have placed top 3 or in the majority of prestigious grappling tournaments. So if that's not enough I'd like to add that I outweigh him based on his listed weight, so I'd be willing to wager that I can make Semi look really bad.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 12:00:15 PM by Eddie20 »

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2017, 12:20:32 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
LOL are you actually suggesting you would assault/attack a Celtic player because you think his play sucks?  [dang]... ok internet tough guy!  Whatevs!  That's taking it way too seriously dude.  Give the rookie a break.

Why wouldn't I? If it's because you somehow believe I'd be scared I'd like to point that I've trained MMA since 2006, have trained under and against a lot of professional fighters (including current UFC/Bellator guys), I'm a Brown in BJJ (would be a black if I had stayed at ATT), have competed and have placed top 3 or in the majority of prestigious grappling tournaments. So if that's not enough I'd like to add that I outweigh him based on his listed weight, so I'd be willing to wager that I can make Semi look really bad.

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2017, 12:34:05 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
LOL are you actually suggesting you would assault/attack a Celtic player because you think his play sucks?  [dang]... ok internet tough guy!  Whatevs!  That's taking it way too seriously dude.  Give the rookie a break.

Reading comprehension is lacking. I never said that at all. I'm responding to the assumption Rollie made that I would be afraid to express my thoughts to him in person as somehow I'd be afraid of him doing something to me. That said, I wouldn't go out of my way to insult him because that's not my nature, but it's not something I would be intimated in doing.