Author Topic: Celtics are unpredictable without Irving  (Read 10690 times)

Re: Celtics are unpredictable without Irving
« Reply #90 on: January 08, 2019, 01:57:38 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
Are we really going to make or not make a case vs the Nets...who are on a back to back, missing players.  The Cs would win this game without 3 starters...cmon do better.

I think I've seen a large enough sample with and without Kyrie to make a call. The Celtics success without Kyrie is due to them being  unpredictable. Only time will tell if they are better with Kyrie.

« Reply #91 on: January 08, 2019, 02:01:58 PM »

Offline celtics4ever33

• NGT
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16
Are we really going to make or not make a case vs the Nets...who are on a back to back, missing players.  The Cs would win this game without 3 starters...cmon do better.

I think I've seen a large enough sample with and without Kyrie to make a call. The Celtics success without Kyrie is due to them being  unpredictable. Only time will tell if they are better with Kyrie.

Marcus Smart get's "WINNER" included when we go a winning streak against trash,

so why should it not a apply?

We beat the NETS, who are an NBA team, and have been playing better, who cares about everything else.

« Reply #92 on: January 09, 2019, 09:26:52 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Just more lack of ball movement, only 31 assists in 50 fgm. Just terrible. And more awful predictable basketball because Kyrie was playing. Only 7 players in double digits, three with 20 points or more. Just terrible. Kyrie overshooting and being a ball hog kill us tonight.

Lol.

« Reply #93 on: January 09, 2019, 09:28:00 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Just more lack of ball movement, only 31 assists in 50 fgm. Just terrible. And more awful predictable basketball because Kyrie was playing. Only 7 players in double digits, three with 20 points or more. Just terrible. Kyrie overshooting and being a ball hog kill us tonight.

Lol.
Lol. God, I really hate how predictable and stagnant our offence is when Kyrie is playing!
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #94 on: January 09, 2019, 09:29:20 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178

Lol.
Lol. God, I really hate how predictable and stagnant our offence is when Kyrie is playing!

...and we can't beat top teams ;)

« Reply #95 on: January 09, 2019, 09:29:30 PM »

Offline celtics4ever33

• NGT
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16

Lol.

The hilarious part is that Kyrie pretty much did nothing tonight in terms of offensive production.

So in essence he might be proving those guys right. That Kyrie being Kyrie is not needed, Kyrie being more invisible in terms of stats is better for the team.

So im not sure why you are laughing.

Or it also could be because its a blowout.

All I know is Kyrie was a horrific Fantasy Duel :-\ player tonight

« Reply #96 on: January 09, 2019, 09:32:50 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Lol.

The hilarious part is that Kyrie pretty much did nothing tonight in terms of offensive production.

So in essence he might be proving those guys right. That Kyrie being Kyrie is not needed, Kyrie being more invisible in terms of stats is better for the team.

Rofl. Keep trying there buddy!
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #97 on: January 09, 2019, 09:52:27 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

Lol.

Do take note that Pacers are missing Myles Turner.

The Celtics aren't going to shoot like these every game, esp in the playoffs. What happens in those games? Yep, you need Kyrie, someone who could manufacture a basket from nothing.

The problem with the Celtics wasn't Kyrie. Its because Hayward and Brown weren't playing well due to injuries and other issues. Now that they are playing well of course the Celtics are going to play well. Kyrie kept the team afloat during their slump, he willed a lot of those games. That we are even in the position to challenge for top of the east despite how we were playing poorly is because Morris and Kyrie carried us early on.

« Reply #98 on: January 09, 2019, 10:44:26 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Lol.

Do take note that Pacers are missing Myles Turner.

The Celtics aren't going to shoot like these every game, esp in the playoffs. What happens in those games? Yep, you need Kyrie, someone who could manufacture a basket from nothing.

The problem with the Celtics wasn't Kyrie. Its because Hayward and Brown weren't playing well due to injuries and other issues. Now that they are playing well of course the Celtics are going to play well. Kyrie kept the team afloat during their slump, he willed a lot of those games. That we are even in the position to challenge for top of the east despite how we were playing poorly is because Morris and Kyrie carried us early on.
Here, here!!! TP!!!!

« Reply #99 on: January 10, 2019, 12:01:36 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Well, after this AWESOME "TEAM" blowout of a Quality opponent in the Indiana Pacers looks like our Boston Celtics are as unpredictable as ever...

Great to see us getting on a roll - "WITH" Kyrie.

« Reply #100 on: January 10, 2019, 12:06:27 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

Lol.

I do think you are onto something here... when Irving does less the other guys do more.  That's been my opinion since last season began. 

« Reply #101 on: January 10, 2019, 06:36:03 AM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372

Lol.

Kyrie being Kyrie isn’t needed...until he is  :angel:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #102 on: January 10, 2019, 09:46:22 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466

Lol.

I do think you are onto something here... when Irving does less the other guys do more.  That's been my opinion since last season began.
Of course when Kyrie does less the others do more.  That’s not exactly some momentous insight right there.

The question is, are we better off when he does less.

« Reply #103 on: January 10, 2019, 09:51:38 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Right now when we are playing like this and Kyrie can take a step back, his greatest asset is hitting a bucket to stop other team’s scoring streak. Happened last night.

« Reply #104 on: January 10, 2019, 11:16:23 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I've sometimes been kinda irritated at how ball-dominant Kyrie is late in games, even when the results are usually good, because I felt like it made the rest of the team less engaged and ready to step up when needed. I thought his absence was part of the reason why we moved the ball and shared responsibilities so well in our playoff run.

This season though it really seems like he's picking his spots and only trying to take over when the rest of the team doesn't have it (pretty often early in the season) or when he's really hot.  I've been really impressed with his team play and his ability to balance individual brilliance with getting teammates involved.  He's having his best season as a pro in my opinion, and it's starting to pay dividends for the rest of the team.