Author Topic: Playing with a couple of ideas  (Read 2936 times)

Re: Playing with a couple of ideas
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2020, 12:18:46 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
I'm taking more of a simplistic approach:

#1:  Hayward, Romeo (hate doing this one) to Pacers / Turner to Celtics:  Thought process is, Romeo is as good if not better than the 14 this year and right now.  Nope, doesn't pass the dreaded trade machine, but I'm not a GM either.  They can make it work.

#2:  Kemba, 14, 26 to the Pelicans / Jrue to the Celtics.  I'm not really a big fan of this, but people I'm following are bigger on Jrue than Kemba.

Still leaves the 30 for a project big, maybe Carey out of Duke if he's still there.....

Indiana cannot take on any salary more than what there are sending out, that is their biggest issue. They want to resign their guys and fill out their roster and taking on more cap puts them at the lux tax.

Right, which was my stipulation that I'm not a GM, let them figure out what other pieces need to move to make it work.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

Re: Playing with a couple of ideas
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2020, 12:29:59 PM »

Offline Darth_Yoda

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 52
These trades get real complicated.

In looking at just the Detroit and GSW piece, the premise is that Detroit gets Wiggins and the #2 from GSW for the #7 (this has been a part of other trade ideas also).  That would be great for Detroit, they move up from #7 to #2, where they can get a premier prospect it seems relative to #7, and they get a player, albeit on a bad contract, to boot.  It seems GSW could do better, much better.

Hayward at 14 to GSW
Wiggins and #2 to Detroit
#7 to Boston

then
Kemba, Romeo and to Pelicans
Jrue and Reddick to Boston

Boston has a massive TPE to poach some more players.
Wood from Detroit for TPE and pick 26
See if Gallo with come into our TPE on a sign and trade from OKC for a pick
Giles for the min
Sign Waters
MLE on a

Smart/#7pick/Waters
Jrue/Reddick/Edwards
Brown/Gallo/#47
Tatum/GrantW/Giles
Wood/Theis/Timelord
'21 Historical Draft
PG: Kyle Lowry / Mookie Blaylock / Mark Jackson