Author Topic: Jrue Holiday to C's Rumor  (Read 13654 times)

Re: Jrue Holiday to C's Rumor
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2020, 03:54:27 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Like Jru but maybe just for one year is not good for me..he does has a player option after next season and has a lot of injuries..so im on the fence about this, someone please get me on board for him!!
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2020, 03:54:30 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Not sure how we get him salary wise without giving up Kemba/Hayward/Smart. Giving up our 3 first rounders + one of those guys for Jrue is an overpay

Hayward + Langford to Indiana

Oladipo + picks to New Orleans

Jrue + Turner to Boston

works in the trade machine

Yeah I know you said without giving up Hayward but let's be real all these rumors suggest that he's gone anyway if we don't trade him.
   I don’t think Indy loves their hometown guys THIS much. Langford almost s throw in not knowing about him. I think Insy would need much more going their way.  But I may be wrong. I’m a big Hayward guy. I’m bummed out. We had an amazing offense with him. But I do love Jrue Holiday. Marcus’s d is talked up a ton as it should be but in my mind Holiday is a better defensive player. 
  A defense of Holiday/ Smart/ the jays/ and Theis at points would be a lot of fun to watch if possible. I really hope Danny does t part with Theis in a deal getting Turner back.

« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2020, 03:56:47 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
I don’t mean I think Rheis is more talented than Turner but there’s a reason a 6 ft 11 big man that blocks shots and can hit the 3 isnt more of a stat and it’s not just Sabonis. Well that’s my opinion.

« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2020, 03:58:22 PM »

Offline mrceltics2013

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 15
Not sure how we get him salary wise without giving up Kemba/Hayward/Smart. Giving up our 3 first rounders + one of those guys for Jrue is an overpay

Hayward + Langford to Indiana

Oladipo + picks to New Orleans

Jrue + Turner to Boston

works in the trade machine

Yeah I know you said without giving up Hayward but let's be real all these rumors suggest that he's gone anyway if we don't trade him.

As long as we find a way to trade Kemba + Hayward for a better Center than Turner, I’m all aboard. 

Smart - Holiday - Brown - Tatum are the meat and potatoes if a championship team. I’d settle for Turner if I had to don’t get me wrong.

« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2020, 04:01:40 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Like Jru but maybe just for one year is not good for me..he does has a player option after next season and has a lot of injuries..so im on the fence about this, someone please get me on board for him!!

He provides positive value next season whereas if Hayward opts out then he provides zero value and the Celts don't have cap space to replace him.

The picks you give up to get him probably don't fit on the roster anyway, certainly not in the rotation.  Danny will probably end up having to make bad trades to trade out of this draft, unless he can use them to get some present value.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2020, 04:05:13 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Based on playoff rotations, a trade for Jrue only makes sense if Kemba or Smart is getting moved. Kemba makes no sense for NO, so that would need to be a 3 team trade. Smart would fit well in NO, but I don't think we're at the point where we should be trading 26 year olds for 30 year olds (not to mention that Jrue is more expensive, so much so that we'd still need more salary filler).

I just don't see us as real contenders for Jrue. I'd love to bring him in (especially if it was for Kemba/picks and we kept Hayward), but I just don't see it as a likely move for us right now. But, [dang], if he had been available before FA last summer...
I'm bitter.

« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2020, 04:56:01 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
I feel like I'm missing something when it comes to Jrue Holiday. Don't get me wrong, he's a serviceable starting PG, but he is no where near as good as Kemba. Believe me, I do have my issues with Kemba too. Plus, I would be worried about a 30 year old Holiday being more concerned with his upcoming player option and contract in one year, and focusing on personal numbers over the betterment of the team.

« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2020, 05:01:36 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I feel like I'm missing something when it comes to Jrue Holiday. Don't get me wrong, he's a serviceable starting PG, but he is no where near as good as Kemba. Believe me, I do have my issues with Kemba too. Plus, I would be worried about a 30 year old Holiday being more concerned with his upcoming player option and contract in one year, and focusing on personal numbers over the betterment of the team.
Holiday is a better passer, rebounder and a much better defender than Kemba. Kemba is a better shooter and scorer, but the difference is negligible
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2020, 05:08:40 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Hayward, Kanter, 14, 26, and 30 out and Turner and Holiday in.

Walker 32/Smart 16/Waters
Holiday 20/Smart 16/Langford/12
Brown 34/Holiday 14
Tatum 34/GWill 14
Turner 30/Theis 18/RWilliams

Get a Taxpayer MLE 3 and D wing so Holiday doesn't have to play SF in a three guard line up (which NOP loved and Brad did as well, yuck).

Don't love it, don't hate it.

« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2020, 05:28:28 PM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258
I kind of thought the next big move they made would be one for the "final" piece. Trading for Holiday doesn't move the needle much and he's not young either. Making a move like this only makes sense if it's also solving some other issue on the roster, i.e. Hayward and whether they really want to re-sign him at a number he likes (or if they want to re-sign him at all).

« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2020, 05:29:44 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I kind of thought the next big move they made would be one for the "final" piece. Trading for Holiday doesn't move the needle much and he's not young either. Making a move like this only makes sense if it's also solving some other issue on the roster, i.e. Hayward and whether they really want to re-sign him at a number he likes (or if they want to re-sign him at all).

I think the problem he would solve is that Hayward is otherwise leaving for nothing, whereas Holiday has some value this year.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2020, 05:30:41 PM »

Offline mrceltics2013

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 15

Saying Jrue is no where near as Kemba is insane. Jrue plays both sides of the court and looks to facilitate, Kemba is only useful if he is scoring. Also the Celtics perimeter defense gets smacked enough without Kemba right now, with him it’s WORSE.

Kemba to me is like Kyrie without the personality problems. Although Kyrie is WAY more skilled, just simply removing Kyrie would have been enough to me.

Jrue is an ALL TIME defender and reallly really underrated.

« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2020, 06:55:21 PM »

Offline nebist

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 67
Indy: Gordon Hayward (for Turner and Lamb)
Detroit: Picks 14, 26, 30 (for pick 7)
New Orleans: 7, Jeremy Lamb, Romeo Langford, Enes Kanter (for Jrue)
Celtics: Jrue Holiday, Myles Turner (for Hayward, Langford, Kanter, 3 picks)

It works $ wise. Celtics roster.
Starters: Kemba, Jrue, Brown, Tatum, Turner
Bench: Smart, MLE (Wing), Theis, Grant Williams, Rob Williams

« Reply #58 on: November 12, 2020, 07:14:59 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
It seems like Holiday at age 30 and $26M

And

Hayward at age 30 and $32M

is a potential "match" this week. I would assume Hayward and his agent have known about this for quite awhile.

I understand the goal is to get "something" for Hayward and Holiday is certainly something.

« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2020, 07:50:37 PM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258

I think the problem he would solve is that Hayward is otherwise leaving for nothing, whereas Holiday has some value this year.

Right, but how often can you just kick the can down the road? You're going to have to re-sign him and the obvious conclusion is Kemba will then be dealt due to the redundancy. I'm not saying I'm against that per say, but having both at such huge numbers just doesn't seem feasible long term if you're trying to win a title. If you're saying they need to get somebody just to get somebody and not lose Hayward for nothing, I guess I agree, but I would hope there are other options out there that also fit our current roster better.