Author Topic: Jrue Holiday to C's Rumor  (Read 13657 times)

Re: Jrue Holiday to C's Rumor
« Reply #105 on: November 13, 2020, 03:55:58 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
  What would be the incentive for N.O. To do a swap with Kemba/ Jrue?  Jrue seems like such a better fit beside Lonzo, no? Sorry if this has been answered already. It just seems they could get something else that fit better if they were worried about losing him for nothing.
  The other thing with the way Danny is talking publicly about Kemba’s knee being managed, makes me think we’re not going to be in position to trade him. “ Hey, here’s a guy we hope could be available to us 75 percent of the time.” You know?  I’m much more concerned about Kemba’s knee than anything right now. Well, besides Tatum maxing of course.

Kemba brings offense and superior floor spacing.

Kemba/Ingram and Zion is a good trio.

The rest there are role players.

Also Kemba is locked up for 3 more years and is used to being in a small market team. I think he is a great fit there. Better than Jrue. Just like i think Jrue is a better fit here.

Ooh gotcha. I see that. Thank you for the response! Jees. I’m trying to curb my hoping a bit. I would love a starting squad of Jrue/ Brown/ Hayward/Tatum/ Theis..Would love if we could convince Hayward to be a part of that group. I’d imagine some beautiful basketball . Still ya omg the tax payer mid level too. Aww, man.

« Reply #106 on: November 13, 2020, 05:19:38 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Jrue is more of a SG not a PG.

I assume if the Celts acquired him that would mean Hayward is the outgoing salary.

Kemba + Holiday as the starting backcourt with Smart off the bench is pretty darn good. 

Still need to address backup wing and big man depth, but I'd be for it.

Now if they could somehow get JJ Redick in the deal as well without giving up any of their main rotation pieces ....

Jrue is more of a point guard than Kemba or Smart is.

More so than Smart, I would agree.  I disagree about Kemba.

And I'm basing that more on physical profile and speed / defense than shot profile or proclivity for playmaking, which is what I think a lot of people use when thinking about which position a player falls into.

Jrue can defend the 1 and 2.  Kemba can only defend the 1.  Smart can defend 1-???.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #107 on: November 13, 2020, 06:08:37 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
With regards to all these trade rumors, I don't think the Celtics can get to the next level without improving up front.

« Reply #108 on: November 13, 2020, 09:12:25 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
I'd just like to say that it seems to me that the trade speculations in this particular off season have risen to a special extra level of bizarre and crazy.

Well done, blog.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #109 on: November 13, 2020, 09:35:22 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
I'd just like to say that it seems to me that the trade speculations in this particular off season have risen to a special extra level of bizarre and crazy.

Well done, blog.

It’s been a loooong year....

« Reply #110 on: November 13, 2020, 10:11:51 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Feels like DA to target a guard when you have all star PG Kemba, all NBA defense Smart, two way rising star Brown, along with 4 other guards listed on the team. Forget the PF spot where Tatum is stuck playing because you have to have Hayward or Smart in the starting lineup. Just also forget that the PF backups are often terrible Semi and GW. Forget C where you have 6'8 Theis starting, Kanter who can't get playoff minutes, or Tacko and VP who can't even get regular garbage minutes they are so bad.

Let's go get Jrue Holiday...

« Reply #111 on: November 14, 2020, 06:54:07 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
Feels like DA to target a guard when you have all star PG Kemba, all NBA defense Smart, two way rising star Brown, along with 4 other guards listed on the team. Forget the PF spot where Tatum is stuck playing because you have to have Hayward or Smart in the starting lineup. Just also forget that the PF backups are often terrible Semi and GW. Forget C where you have 6'8 Theis starting, Kanter who can't get playoff minutes, or Tacko and VP who can't even get regular garbage minutes they are so bad.

Let's go get Jrue Holiday...

You are on point BUT,

If danny can convert hayward and kemba into jrue and turner/vucevcic, and get some other assets via FA or smaller trades, sign me up

I am kinda tired of small PG’s, and hayward just doesn’t fit in terms od age and contract situation
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #112 on: November 14, 2020, 10:16:57 AM »

Offline mrceltics2013

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 15
Jrue is more of a SG not a PG.

I assume if the Celts acquired him that would mean Hayward is the outgoing salary.

Kemba + Holiday as the starting backcourt with Smart off the bench is pretty darn good. 

Still need to address backup wing and big man depth, but I'd be for it.

Now if they could somehow get JJ Redick in the deal as well without giving up any of their main rotation pieces ....

Jrue is more of a point guard than Kemba or Smart is.

More so than Smart, I would agree.  I disagree about Kemba.

And I'm basing that more on physical profile and speed / defense than shot profile or proclivity for playmaking, which is what I think a lot of people use when thinking about which position a player falls into.

Jrue can defend the 1 and 2.  Kemba can only defend the 1.  Smart can defend 1-???.

I think you meant Kemba can only defend (NO) 1. I’d rather have Jrue and Smart on the court because they have more of a chance to defense (EVERY) 1.

The Boston Celtics are the only team that I know fore sure can eliminate the need of a PG. I swear I’ve even seen Tacko take the ball down the court, anyone can do that. Even if we just needed one guy to do it all the time we still have 3 options.

And guarding guards, yes I’ve seen Smart get tourched on the perimeter a few times, but I think if he has Jrue helping him Smart may turn it up a notch. I’ll take my chances with believing Smart and Dru can defend any perimeter players than Kemba and anyone else period.

We are about to have the 2 BEST perimeter defenders in basketball. I think we will be fine.

https://tradenba.com/trades/YepDMRDd_
« Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 11:08:45 AM by mrceltics2013 »