Author Topic: Shams: Westbrook wants a trade  (Read 5917 times)

Re: Shams: Westbrook wants a trade
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2020, 09:42:05 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
What a disaster for the Rockets. No picks in the near future, Westbrook wants out, D'Antoni and Morey are gone, and Harden might be next.

Harden apparently wants to stay.

Shams Charania: Houston’s James Harden remains committed to the Rockets and is “locked in” for the season, sources tell @Kelly Iko and me. – via Twitter ShamsCharania
Just saw that, which is weird, because earlier reports were showing that Harden was uncertain about the Rocket's future. Either way, that team is screwed. They can't even rebuild because they don't have any picks.

My take is Harden told them it's either Westbrook or me, I can't play with that guy, and they decided it's time for Westbrook to go.

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2020, 09:43:23 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Phoenix and NY seem like obvious names, but I'll add Philly.

Westbrook and Gordon for Harris and Horford.  Other minor pieces and draft picks could be included.  I think that would be an interesting trade for both teams.  And sure I don't think Westbrook is the best fit with Embiid and Simmons, but I do like Gordon on that team and it isn't like Harris and Horford work either.  Sixers starting 5 would be immensely talented with Westbrook, Gordon, Richardson, Simmons, and Embiid so they might try something like that.  For Houston, I think Harris would actually work well as Harden's #2 guy and they definitely need some size, and while Horford struggled last year, I think he would be more effective in Houston's system as the starting center than he was a starting PF and backup C in Philly.

Don't like Westbrook fit in Philly with Simmons. Two terrible 3 point shoooters, who are pretty ball dominant. Would be surprised if Philly entertains that. I can see the salary dump angle, but 2 wrongs don't make a right.
Yeah, but I do think it makes sense for them and I do think Gordon would work well.  The Simmons/Westbrook angle is a bit more complicated of course, but I think it would be a worth a flyer for the Sixers and they can always move Westbrook (or Simmons).  I mean what if they do that trade with Houston and then acquire someone like McCollum or Beal for Simmons.  That would be pretty interesting. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2020, 10:11:09 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Would Westbrook fit in Celtics green

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2020, 10:37:17 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Would Westbrook fit in Celtics green

I don't think so. He's a ball hog, that's not what we want at all.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2020, 10:39:01 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Another player wants out, 🥱🥱🥱...seems like every year there’s at least 2-3 players wants traded..whatever happen to loyalty???

It went out the window the same time that teams stopped being loyal to players once they stopped being useful. I'm guessing Westbrook wants to use what little leverage he has before he loses it. Loyalty is a two way street after all.  :angel:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2020, 10:57:46 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551
Phoenix and NY seem like obvious names, but I'll add Philly.

Westbrook and Gordon for Harris and Horford.  Other minor pieces and draft picks could be included.  I think that would be an interesting trade for both teams.  And sure I don't think Westbrook is the best fit with Embiid and Simmons, but I do like Gordon on that team and it isn't like Harris and Horford work either.  Sixers starting 5 would be immensely talented with Westbrook, Gordon, Richardson, Simmons, and Embiid so they might try something like that.  For Houston, I think Harris would actually work well as Harden's #2 guy and they definitely need some size, and while Horford struggled last year, I think he would be more effective in Houston's system as the starting center than he was a starting PF and backup C in Philly.

Don't like Westbrook fit in Philly with Simmons. Two terrible 3 point shoooters, who are pretty ball dominant. Would be surprised if Philly entertains that. I can see the salary dump angle, but 2 wrongs don't make a right.
Yeah, but I do think it makes sense for them and I do think Gordon would work well.  The Simmons/Westbrook angle is a bit more complicated of course, but I think it would be a worth a flyer for the Sixers and they can always move Westbrook (or Simmons).  I mean what if they do that trade with Houston and then acquire someone like McCollum or Beal for Simmons.  That would be pretty interesting.
Good trade for Houston but lousy trade for the Sixers.  Westbrook is a bad fit for both Embiid and Simmons.  Furthermore Embiid and Westbrook don't like each other.  Westbrook's contract is worse than Horford's.  Gordon is 31 and shot poorly from 3 last season. 

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2020, 11:04:24 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551
Another player wants out, 🥱🥱🥱...seems like every year there’s at least 2-3 players wants traded..whatever happen to loyalty???

It went out the window the same time that teams stopped being loyal to players once they stopped being useful. I'm guessing Westbrook wants to use what little leverage he has before he loses it. Loyalty is a two way street after all.  :angel:
Westbrook has only been in Houston 1 season and the Rockets got rid of D'Antoni and Morey.  There is no reason for him to be loyal to Houston and big reason to question what their path forward.  Of course he's a ball hog and playing 2nd fiddle to Harden doesn't sit well with him. 

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2020, 03:46:21 AM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
Knicks want any star, so they may pull the trigger. I also think Milwaukee may kick the tires a bit.

Milwaukee has to be desperate to make a big move that could convince Giannis to stay. They are running out of time and the covid situation has only made it worse for them.

Prime Westbrook from 3-4 years ago would have been amazing next to Antetokounmpo. That transition game would be unstoppable. Maybe he can still re-elevate his game for 2 years or so and he'd be an upgrade over Bledsoe, but his unstable game and personality makes a trade for him very risky for the Bucks.

If I were the Bucks I'd rather target Paul, Walker, Lowry, McCollum, Beal, Hiel or LaVine to improve the backcourt.

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2020, 04:09:02 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
Here’s a wacky, over the top trade idea:
- Westbrook to Cavs (giving up Drummond +#5)
- Drummond and #5 to Celtics (giving up Hayward + #14)
- Horford and Harris and #14 to Rockets (giving up Westbrook)
- Hayward to Sixers (giving up Horford and Harris)

I haven’t checked salaries but I’m thinking these teams are likely the teams in the trade market. They can offload some of the contracts they don’t like while getting a player they can use.
- LilRip

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2020, 04:21:22 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

I haven’t checked salaries but I’m thinking these teams are likely the teams in the trade market. They can offload some of the contracts they don’t like while getting a player they can use.
Why do the Cavs want Westbrook when their two last top 10 picks are both guards? Doesn't make any sense, especially if they lose #5 as well. Westbrook would be of no appeal
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2020, 05:29:15 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392

Why do the Cavs want Westbrook when their two last top 10 picks are both guards? Doesn't make any sense, especially if they lose #5 as well. Westbrook would be of no appeal

Well, he’s a former MVP and a perennial all star. He’s also the biggest name/star available out there.

- LilRip

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2020, 06:44:03 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Miss the guys like Duncan, Bird, Magic, Kobe, Miller, etc who wanted to help their team and city to win a championship rather then going to teams that they can control and say who they want
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2020, 06:45:45 AM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
If Harden wants out as well then I'm really worried he'll end up in Brooklyn (for Dinwiddie/Levert/Allen + assets) or Philadelphia (for Simmons/Horford + assets).

Irving/Harden/Prince/Durant/Jordan or Harden/Richardson/Gordon/Harris/Embiid would be tough to handle.

« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2020, 07:58:31 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
 https://twitter.com/ochocinco/status/1326761679368097794?s=20

I know I personally get all of my best intel from channel Ochocinco.

Westbrook to the Heat does make sense if they dont believe they can get Giannis in 2021. There might not be a better place for RW to revive his value than Miami.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 08:32:32 AM by Smartacus »

« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2020, 08:56:03 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
https://twitter.com/ochocinco/status/1326761679368097794?s=20

I know I personally get all of my best intel from channel Ochocinco.

Westbrook to the Heat does make sense if they dont believe they can get Giannis in 2021. There might not be a better place for RW to revive his value than Miami.

I don't think they would give away next years caps space.  I could see them making a trade for a one year player.