Author Topic: Paul to Suns rumor  (Read 2749 times)

Re: Paul to Suns rumor
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2020, 04:18:18 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Yeah I mean the Suns were having fun playing together last year so they should definitely try to put a stop to that and make their star player hate playing basketball again.

In all seriousness, on paper the Suns could be pretty good with CP3.  But I think it's always dicey taking something that works and then adding Chris Paul to it.  He kinda demands that the whole thing run according to his preferences.
They would definitely be fun though if it was Oubre and Rubio for Paul.  I mean this strikes me like a pretty darn good team, though not really on the level of the LA's or GS.  But a team of Paul, Booker, Bridges, Saric, Ayton with Baynes, Johnson, 10, Kaminsky, Johnson, and Jerome would certainly make the playoffs and might actually push the top tier teams a bit.  And if it is just Oubre and Rubio and nothing else (like 10), then they aren't really giving up much to get Paul so it is probably worth it.  If they have to give up 10 to get it done, I don't think I'd do that.  Even if you aren't sold on anyone from the draft, I wouldn't just sell the asset for a 35 year old that isn't going to make you a contender, especially one with a strong personality that hasn't won a darn a thing and was never a real difference maker (I mean this isn't an old Lebron or Duncan or even a Kobe type player). 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2020, 05:23:26 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
They would definitely be fun though if it was Oubre and Rubio for Paul. 

Fun to watch, maybe.  Fun for the players?

I doubt it.

Watching Paul for years I don't get the sense anybody has ever really had much fun playing with him.  Maybe Blake and Deandre at the height of the Lob City days.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2020, 05:43:05 PM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Be great trade for OKC..get a vet in Rubio to help the young guards, Oubre look very good last season and a 10th pick..plus getting rid of that contract
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin