Author Topic: G-League / Red Claws Season Thread 2019-2020  (Read 71418 times)

Re: G-League / Red Claws Season Thread 2019-2020
« Reply #180 on: March 11, 2020, 01:24:54 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
The Lobs are most certainly slumping, dropping another game. This one was by a score of 113-92.

As for our beloved baby Celtics, here are their stats:

Waters
30 minutes, 5 points, 2 rebounds, 5 assists, and 5 turnovers. He shot 2-10 and 1-4 from three-point line. His stats as of late are not looking very impressive.

Fall
21 minutes, 12 points, and 14 rebounds. He shot 6-12 from the field and 0-1 FT. He came off the bench in this game.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #181 on: March 11, 2020, 01:44:47 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
What is up with Waters. He has absolutely sucked in his time in Boston but for a couple months there looked like a G League MVP. But recently, his box scores in Maine playing starters minutes have been dreadful.

Wonder if he is nicked up? Trying to play through something? I hope he isn't letting his poor performances in Boston get to him to the point of affecting his G League play.

« Reply #182 on: March 11, 2020, 02:26:55 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
What is up with Waters. He has absolutely sucked in his time in Boston but for a couple months there looked like a G League MVP. But recently, his box scores in Maine playing starters minutes have been dreadful.

Wonder if he is nicked up? Trying to play through something? I hope he isn't letting his poor performances in Boston get to him to the point of affecting his G League play.
was wondering if his confidence took a major hit after his last stint in Boston where he was totally overmatched when playing. 

before that last call up, I thought Waters would be graduating into Wanamaker's slot next season but now I'm not so sure and wouldn't have any issues with Danny pursuing a vet backup PG behind Kemba and Smart next year rather than Waters.  (assuming Wanamaker signs for better money elsewhere)

« Reply #183 on: March 11, 2020, 02:33:39 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

was wondering if his confidence took a major hit after his last stint in Boston where he was totally overmatched when playing. 

before that last call up, I thought Waters would be graduating into Wanamaker's slot next season but now I'm not so sure and wouldn't have any issues with Danny pursuing a vet backup PG behind Kemba and Smart next year rather than Waters.  (assuming Wanamaker signs for better money elsewhere)
Or, with the Memphis pick does Danny go PG and let Waters and Wanamaker walk?

Actually think Ainge will be drafting a long, athletic big or a PG with that pick.

« Reply #184 on: March 11, 2020, 03:21:51 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
Waters is definitely stumbling through an awful stretch.   In particular, his turnover rate has ticked way up, and his shooting touch has disappeared.

That said, he played so well for such an extended time that I think you have to give him the benefit of the doubt that this recent stretch is probably just a bad slump.   

He's now 45 games (including NBA) into his pro career and while his professional career is young, that's far more games than any college season.    Sometimes rookies just start to hit a wall late in the season.   And as primary ball-handler, he's been doing a lot more work than most out there.

Let's see if he can push through it before we give up on the kid.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #185 on: March 11, 2020, 03:32:26 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

Actually think Ainge will be drafting a long, athletic big or a PG with that pick.

A 3 & D wing that can really shoot from distance. With all the drivers we have, it would be good to have some really good kick out options.

« Reply #186 on: March 11, 2020, 03:59:57 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

i see your points, but i think ainge will pick the best player available. as for getting another backup pg, he just showed us that he can get those from europe or elsewhere.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva