Author Topic: And the EPL champion is  (Read 9264 times)

Re: And the EPL champion is
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2010, 03:36:44 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
It's always good to win a title but this victory doesn't feel as sweet as the previous two ...

This isn't a great Chelsea side. They just got it in a year where the other top teams were significantly weakened/flawed sides. In another season, this wouldn't be a title winning side.

Chelsea should be concerned about the strength of their team heading into next season.

Wow, they survived a ton of injuries to some of their top players.  I'd say this is just as sweet.  Manu-U was strong as ever, Arsenal had their shot, but Liverpool was down.  It will be a fun off season as I believe there are lots of changes coming to all of the top teams.
Yes, especially Essien injury was big. He's super important to Chelsea. With him, Cole and Carvalho all fit, they wouldn't lose to Inter IMO.

Chelsea doesn't need a major squad revolution, as they have an excellent base. Few cosmetic changes and the'll be fine.
They need one world class attacking midfielder that is comfortable or expert in wide areas

And possibly a second such player should Joe Cole leave.

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2010, 04:04:50 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
No, misha, we didn't end up with nothing. The Champions League is still waiting for us, too.
Nothing means no title, at least for me. CL place is hardly something concerning a top club like United.

PS: There is a long way to go before you have 18 EPL titles.
And oh, I have been an MUFC fan for your entire life  ;D
Just to clarify, I'm not a Chelsea fan (AC Milan), I just don't like United mostly because of so many bandwagon fans out there (there are many of them, here, in Israel). Of course, that's has nothing to do with you. I respect true fans.

When I grew up, most people were Liverpool, Tottenham, Everton or Arsenal fans. It's just the way it is: People tend to root for the teams that do best. No one cheered for Man U. I started following Man U because they got (Dane) Jesper Olsen, a favorite of mine. They didn't win the title until they got Schmeichel (1993). I can see where the bandwagon thing is coming from, though. I love the fact that most true MUFC fans would like to see Glazer get the hell out of Manchester, myself included.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 04:13:46 PM by ACF »

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2010, 04:30:20 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • A Celtic Fan

No worries.

I am sure several people here only root for Chelsea because KG does. I guess it makes them bandwagoners  8)

Don't forget, Paul Pierce is apparently a fan as well mate! ;)

My favorite singer (Mike Patton) is a Lakers fan. Can't win 'em all  ;D

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2010, 04:43:45 PM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 1488
  • Open your eyes
No, misha, we didn't end up with nothing. The Champions League is still waiting for us, too.
Nothing means no title, at least for me. CL place is hardly something concerning a top club like United.

PS: There is a long way to go before you have 18 EPL titles.
And oh, I have been an MUFC fan for your entire life  ;D
Just to clarify, I'm not a Chelsea fan (AC Milan), I just don't like United mostly because of so many bandwagon fans out there (there are many of them, here, in Israel). Of course, that's has nothing to do with you. I respect true fans.

When I grew up, most people were Liverpool, Tottenham, Everton or Arsenal fans. It's just the way it is: People tend to root for the teams that do best. No one cheered for Man U. I started following Man U because they got (Dane) Jesper Olsen, a favorite of mine. They didn't win the title until they got Schmeichel (1993). I can see where the bandwagon thing is coming from, though. I love the fact that most true MUFC fans would like to see Glazer get the hell out of Manchester, myself included.
Yep. You are old school (fan from the 80's). The bandwagon thing started in the 90's along with over marketing and all that commercial staff.
The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Coach:Rinus Michels

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2010, 04:49:36 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • A Celtic Fan
Now that I've settled down a bit, I want to say I do think Chelsea deserved to win. If you score 103 goals, you deserve to win. Congrats, fellas.

Enough of this, let's watch some b-ball!

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2010, 04:11:03 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
Well done to tottenham. i`m not a fan but i like to see new teams cracking into to CL possitions. I hope they`ll do better than everton

I started following Man U because they got (Dane) Jesper Olsen, a favorite of mine.

One of my first MU memories is olsen waiting by the assistant ref to get subed in. Nice player. Great hair :D :D :D

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2010, 04:17:23 AM »

Offline rav123

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 48
Y'all wait. Next year Arsenal will finally put it together.  ;)

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2010, 05:07:01 AM »

Offline Slugger

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75

No worries.

I am sure several people here only root for Chelsea because KG does. I guess it makes them bandwagoners  8)

Don't forget, Paul Pierce is apparently a fan as well mate! ;)

My favorite singer (Mike Patton) is a Lakers fan. Can't win 'em all  ;D

Thats not Mike Patton.  Thats Adam Morrison (even he wont wear his jersey in public, hence the Artest shirt).

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2010, 05:54:00 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • A Celtic Fan
I am pretty sure it's Mike Patton since I got the pic from his Facebook fan page.

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2010, 05:41:58 AM »

Offline rav123

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 48
I am pretty sure it's Mike Patton since I got the pic from his Facebook fan page.

I think Slugger was joking. They do look pretty alike.