Poll

What happens

Yes. They're in the playoffs
36 (51.4%)
No. They will miss playoffs
34 (48.6%)

Total Members Voted: 70

Author Topic: Will Lebron's Lakers Even Make the Playoffs? (poll)  (Read 13959 times)

Re: Will Lebron's Lakers Even Make the Playoffs? (poll)
« Reply #105 on: March 15, 2019, 09:01:34 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
Lakers now 7.5 games out of the 8th spot with 14 games remaining. Feels like a done deal.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #106 on: March 17, 2019, 08:55:54 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
Lakers now 7.5 games out of the 8th spot with 14 games remaining. Feels like a done deal.

Even more so now that they lost to the Knicks with LeBum producing his career worst quarter (4th) ever.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #107 on: March 17, 2019, 09:10:19 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Even more so now that they lost to the Knicks with LeBum producing his career worst quarter (4th) ever.
Father Time is not taking it easy on Bronny
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #108 on: March 17, 2019, 10:04:54 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
This has become quite embarrassing

« Reply #109 on: March 17, 2019, 10:58:06 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
I looked at their record pre- and post-AD trade.

Before LeBum ordered his minion Rich Paul to have AD demand a trade, the Lakers were 26-24 for .520 win %.

Afterwards, when Rich Paul had leaked that everyone on the Lakers other than LeBum were available the Lakers were 5-14 for .263. Unfortunately one of those games was against us  :-\

Even taking into account his injury, the AD powerplay completely destroyed their team chemistry.

Code: [Select]
Win Loss Win %
Pre-AD Trade Request 26 24 .520
Post-AD Trade Request 5 14 .263
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #110 on: March 18, 2019, 06:32:48 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

Before LeBum ordered his minion Rich Paul to have AD demand a trade, the Lakers were 26-24 for .520 win %.

Afterwards, when Rich Paul had leaked that everyone on the Lakers other than LeBum were available the Lakers were 5-14 for .263. Unfortunately one of those games was against us  :-\

Even taking into account his injury, the AD powerplay completely destroyed their team chemistry.

Win Loss Win %
Or it coincides with Ball getting injured.  Lakers were 25-22 with Ball (25-20 with Ball starting).  They are 6-17 since Ball went down. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #111 on: March 18, 2019, 06:36:17 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528

Win Loss Win %
Or it coincides with Ball getting injured.  Lakers were 25-22 with Ball (25-20 with Ball starting).  They are 6-17 since Ball went down.
I think this one is clear as a tear.
LBJ mined the dam. It doesn't look pretty after it blew up.

But building around 34 y/o is always a good thing, so they have that going for them.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #112 on: March 18, 2019, 06:41:28 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

Win Loss Win %
I think this one is clear as a tear.
LBJ mined the dam. It doesn't look pretty after it blew up.

But building around 34 y/o is always a good thing, so they have that going for them.
The Lakers are terrible without Ball's defense as there isn't a single guard on that team that guards anyone, other than Ball.  when Ball went down the flood gates opened in the back court and opposing guards have a field day night in and night out.  It affects everyone on the team's defense and makes it very difficult to win games.  I'm sure the trade rumors didn't help, but the young guys still seemed to perform at about the same clip, so it really didn't affect them much.  Then Ingram went down as well, but the down fall started when Ball got hurt.  His injury set the Lakers on their present course of losing.

« Reply #113 on: March 18, 2019, 07:54:52 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Lebron and Rondo can so sulk by themselfs in a bananna boat during the playoffs .

« Reply #114 on: March 18, 2019, 08:02:27 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith

Walton does not deserve rap he is getting . This belongs to Lakers FO and LeHood and associates.   

Walton will get another gig VERY fast.  He has been amazing to actually try and be acoach though all this drama Lebron brought will him.  With Lopez , Zu, Randle and Russel ...Walton would have been in the playoffs .   So they trade his two best centers , his only shooters and hire a bunch of slack has beens.   No direction by FO.  Lebron is UNcoachable by REAL coaches . 

« Reply #115 on: March 18, 2019, 09:40:03 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Walton does not deserve rap he is getting . This belongs to Lakers FO and LeHood and associates.   

Walton will get another gig VERY fast.  He has been amazing to actually try and be acoach though all this drama Lebron brought will him.  With Lopez , Zu, Randle and Russel ...Walton would have been in the playoffs .   So they trade his two best centers , his only shooters and hire a bunch of slack has beens.   No direction by FO.  Lebron is UNcoachable by REAL coaches .

I still don’t understand their plan last off-season. “Bring in a bunch of volatile personalities who can’t shoot and who only play defense occasionally “.  Even on one year deals, that’s the best they could do?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #116 on: March 18, 2019, 09:53:54 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

I still don’t understand their plan last off-season. “Bring in a bunch of volatile personalities who can’t shoot and who only play defense occasionally “.  Even on one year deals, that’s the best they could do?
Their FO is a complete mystery to me. Trading Zubac is still completely baffling.

Not that I'm complaining. Now I can root for Zubac to succeed!
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #117 on: March 18, 2019, 10:08:46 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

I'm sure he will get another job, but I'm not so sure he is actually a good coach.  He has made quite a few questionable decisions, and none of them worked out.  His in game adjustments have been poor through out his tenure.  I just don't see much there that would give me confidence in his ability going forward and he obviously isn't the right coach for this team. 

« Reply #118 on: March 18, 2019, 10:13:01 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528

It all points to that PG13 was their main plan,
and when he changed his mind (or NBA told him he can't, remember Magics tampering during the last season), they were left without options. Contingency plans didn't exist and they went for this "let's reroll it until the next year" option.

PG13 is exactly the kind of guy LBJ needs at this point of his career. He defends, can score, and is ready for big things.
He is truly the best-man of LeBron's fall.

I agree with Roy that this LBJ disappointment is a combination of things, not just father time.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #119 on: March 18, 2019, 10:25:09 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
Lebron doesn't need AnY head coach ,  he is gonna hog the ball and play when , where , how he likes .   He sits by himself , snubs the team ...like you all suck and Im not needing anything from you.

So,   he has what he wants .  ...he pays no attention to Walton ...he doesn't need another coach ....just somebody to sit there and do what ever he wants .   >:(

How can you blame any coach , when your best player defies you at every turn and ridicules you in front of other players and acts like you are not in charge ?  How,is the rest of the team who looks for coaching and guidance supposed to react ?   This is partly to blame for the culture of the younger players .    Its like if Lebron likes me , then Im ok ,  how about the other 12 guys he won't have anything to do with ?