Author Topic: Celtics 2021 Draft pick tracker  (Read 10088 times)

Re: Celtics 2021 Draft pick tracker
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2021, 05:16:06 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
Thank you, Slam. TP for the work.

Today's mock has the Celtics at #16 picking Jackson out of Kentucky
6'10" C/PF

Add Jackson to Mo, Kornet, Tacko and Thompson and we can skip small ball lineups for big ball lineups. We'll crush opponents with our slow lateral movement and high block stats. 

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2021, 05:21:29 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Jackson be a great get
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2021, 10:38:54 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
have to say, I'm still surprised that with the talent in Indy and Toronto that we're ahead of them in the standings still.  no reason they shouldn't have a better record and push us into the lottery this season with the way we're playing

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2021, 10:33:09 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Link to last year's thread below:
Celtics 2020 Draft picks
Standings as of 4/7/2021

only have the one pick to worry about this year.  they are owed the OKC second rounder but it’s top 55 protected so that’s not coming to us.

Boston Pick #15 (tie with Miami)
                   Games Behind    Current Wins     Games Left    Last 10
NO                        2.5                   22                     22               5-5
Indiana                  2.0                   22                     23               5-5
GSW                      1.0                   24                     21               3-7
SAS                      +0.5                  24                    24                3-7
Boston                  ---                   25                      21               5-5
Knicks                     —                   25                     21                5-5
Miami                    +1.0                 26                     23                4-6
Charlotte               +1.0                 25                      27                5-5
Memphis                +1.5                 25                     24                7-3
Atlanta                  +2.0                 27                     21                6-4

Note: Listing SAS as a team to catch even though they have a better record than the C's since SAS is currently in the lottery.

-->C's are playing .500 ball which is below their talent level.  They’re in a huge pack of teams also playing about .500 ball but there’s now a bit of spread occurring away from the C’s either falling behind (NO, Indy, Sac) or pulling away (Atlanta, Memphis, Dallas).  C’s are a winning or losing streak away from wildly swinging their draft position in one direction or the other

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2021, 10:24:03 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Back again with my (almost annual) thread on tracking the C's picks for this coming draft. 
Celtics 2020 Draft picks
Standings as of 4/13/2021

Boston Pick #16 (percentage points worse than Memphis and Charlotte)
Indiana                  2.0                   25                     20                6-4
GSW                      2.0                   26                     18                4-6
SAS                       1.0                   26                     20                4-6
Knicks                    0.5                   28                    17                 5-5
Boston                  ---                    28                     18                7-3
Memphis                 —                    27                     20                6-4
Charlotte                 —                    27                     20                6-4
Miami                    +0.5                 28                      19                6-4
Atlanta                  +1.0                  29                     18                7-3
Dallas                    +1.5                  29                     19                6-4

-->C's have played better of late which is shifting their pick later in the draft slightly this week but in the bigger picture they’re trending up in the standings and closing ground on the teams that have/had better records than them.  NO has dropped off as a team they might catch for an improved draft pick and Dallas is back in the picture as a team they could catch for a worse pick.   The pick swing this week is between 12 and 21.

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2021, 10:23:31 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Back again with my (almost annual) thread on tracking the C's picks for this coming draft. 
Celtics 2020 Draft picks
Standings as of 4/21/2021

Boston Pick #18
Charlotte               2.5                   28                     15                4-6
SAS                       2.0                   28                     16               4-6
GSW                      2.0                   29                     14               6-4
Miami                     1.0                  30                     14                6-4
Memphis                1.0                   29                     16                6-4
Boston                  ---                    31                    14                8-2
Dallas                     —                    30                    16                5-5
Knicks                   +0.5                  32                    13                8-2
Atlanta                  +1.0                  32                    14                8-2
Portland                +1.5                  32                     15                3-7

-->C's have played better of late and it’s separating them from the teams ahead of them in the draft order.  It’s worsened the pick by 2 slots since last week.  They have 2 tough games ahead of them this week which could drop them back into the pack they just separated themselves from. 

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2021, 12:03:31 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 979
Saw a mock draft with Ziaire Williams to us at #18 (and another draft that had Williams in the early 20s, so he'd likely be on the board).  I would love that pick -- Williams is this year's version of Romeo Langford.  He was in the 5-7 range as a high school prospect.  Stanford had virtually no preseason because of Covid restrictions, so he started very slow.  His play was picking up in mid-January when he caught Covid, and his play suffered when he returned for his final 7 games a month later.  I think he's someone with a tremendous amount of upside that needs a year of G-League seasoning -- his long-term potential from the wing is great, and I think he could be Jayson-Tatum lite.  He's long and athletic (6-8, 6-11 wingspan), a good passer for a wing with a tendency to take too many long 2's.  A little fixing of his jump shot (the form isn't terrible, and he's an 80% FT shooter) and better shot selection, and he'll be ready to go.  I'm not sure he'll be an elite defender, but he's got the size and athleticism to project well there.  Stanford was a top-30 defensive team, so he probably isn't a liability.

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2021, 12:19:03 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Saw a mock draft with Ziaire Williams to us at #18 (and another draft that had Williams in the early 20s, so he'd likely be on the board).  I would love that pick -- Williams is this year's version of Romeo Langford.  He was in the 5-7 range as a high school prospect.  Stanford had virtually no preseason because of Covid restrictions, so he started very slow.  His play was picking up in mid-January when he caught Covid, and his play suffered when he returned for his final 7 games a month later.  I think he's someone with a tremendous amount of upside that needs a year of G-League seasoning -- his long-term potential from the wing is great, and I think he could be Jayson-Tatum lite.  He's long and athletic (6-8, 6-11 wingspan), a good passer for a wing with a tendency to take too many long 2's.  A little fixing of his jump shot (the form isn't terrible, and he's an 80% FT shooter) and better shot selection, and he'll be ready to go.  I'm not sure he'll be an elite defender, but he's got the size and athleticism to project well there.  Stanford was a top-30 defensive team, so he probably isn't a liability.
wouldn't suck as a pick if he lives up to pre-college expectations.  with the Jekyll and Hyde season this team is having, we could still swing 4 spots in either direction

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2021, 02:12:23 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
My reasonable wishes for each quarter of the first round.

1st quarter:  Scottie Barnes

2cnd quarter:  Giddey 

3rd quarter:  Garuba  (Zaire Williams ok per above posters)  (C's likely pick in this quarter...so for now Garuba my hope).

4th quarter:  Dosunmo

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2021, 02:22:44 PM »

Offline W8ting2McHale

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 88

I would be happy with Zaire as a pick. He’s been highly touted since he was 13-14. I think he could be a slightly shorter Michael Porter Jr. as much as a Tatum-lite. Ainge does like reclamation projects.

« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2021, 02:55:47 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
I've got my eye on Marcus Garrett, James Bouknight, Ayo Dosunmu, and Chris Duarte.... But I still have a lot of work to do. ;D

Maybe Day'Ron Sharpe....

I'd grab Luka Garza in the second round. Knowing how to play basketball is important. He's slow of foot but knows what to do and can shoot.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 03:20:24 PM by liam »

« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2021, 03:20:07 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
 Jalen Johnson might be in the area we pick as well.    I know he bailed on Duke, but he is 6'8" with shoes and can shoot a bit and pass the ball.

11.2 PPG, 2.2 APG, 1.2 SPG, 1.2 BPG, 6.1 RPG
52.3 FG%, 44.4 3P%, 63.2 FT%
25.8 PER, 104.4 ORtg, 95.4 DRtg

I know he has some knocks against him but he is an amazing talent.   I too, would not mind Ziaire but I also think the pick could be on the move in some way.

« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2021, 09:35:07 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
well, I feel like a dope.  I thought the C's had traded their second rounder this year but turns out I'm terribly mistaken.  I'll include the position of that pick in the next standings post I add.

« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2021, 09:52:10 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 979
well, I feel like a dope.  I thought the C's had traded their second rounder this year but turns out I'm terribly mistaken.  I'll include the position of that pick in the next standings post I add.

Yeah, we’ve got 2nds except in 2024 and 2027.

« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2021, 09:51:01 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Celtics 2021 Draft picks
Standings as of 4/29/2021

Boston Pick #17 (tied with Miami)
Charlotte               2.5                    30                    10                3-7
GSW                      1.5                    31                    10               7-3
SAS                       1.0                    31                    11               6-4
Memphis                1.0                    31                    11                5-5
Miami                       —                   33                     9                5-5
Boston                  ---                    33                     9                 6-4
Atlanta                  +1.0                  34                     9                6-4
Portland                +1.5                  34                     10                3-7
Knicks                   +2.0                  35                     9                 9-1
Dallas                    +2.0                  34                    11                5-5

Second Round:
Currently tied for 47th

-->C's blew 2 winnable games this past week.  There was a little bit of jockeying in the pack but those 2 games kept them tied for 17th with Miami (was 18th by themselves last week) whereas if they won that Charlotte and OKC game this week they’re now tied with Dallas and Knicks and looking at catching the Lakers down the stretch in terms of record (and worsening the pick to tied for 20th).

C’s pick can still swing up or down several spots depending on whether they get hot or take a dive.  Everyone had a hot stretch when the C’s did but everyone’s cooled off at the same time as the C’s except the Knicks.  unusual that this late in the season that there’s not more separation between the teams where the C’s are usually just jockeying with 3-4 other teams in the standings at most.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 12:52:48 PM by slamtheking »