Author Topic: If 76ers shop Simmons what would the market be for him?  (Read 7330 times)

Re: If 76ers shop Simmons what would the market be for him?
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2020, 01:45:25 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
He’s one of those rare players (Kobe, Wade, Draymond come to mind) that I could never envision rooting for.

So no, not interested.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2020, 05:51:02 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Said it before if Simmons and Embid doesn't work you probably want to trade Embid.

Embid, Richardson and Scott
 for
Beal, Bryant, Bertans and a top 10 protected 1st.

« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2020, 08:58:31 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
Seen a few Sixers fans on social media pining for them to move Embiid over Simmons.

That’s crazy right? Or is it the Ewing Theory 2.0?
I think they are coming from the point that embiid may not be in the nba past age 29... 🤷🏻‍♂️
There’s definitely an element to that, but a lot of them think they’re better without him (that I’ve seen).

Dunno what they could get for him though that would be fair for both sides.
Here's a crazy idea (assuming the Sixers move Embiid over Simmons).

Embiid + Richardson for Tatum + Hayward

(click on image to enlarge)

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=qwrakgb

starting lineups after the trade
Celtics: Kemba - Richardson - Brown - Theis - Embiid.
Sixers: Simmons - Hayward - Tatum - Harris - Horford (tallest lineup in NBA history?)

It works with Kemba instead of Hayward as well.

starting lineups
Celtics: Smart - Richardson - Brown - Hayward - Embiid
Sixers: Simmons - Kemba - Tatum - Harris - Horford

Never gonna happen obviously, just saying. :P
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 09:03:39 AM by Jvalin »

« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2020, 09:05:39 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
You'd definitely say yes to Tatum for Embiid from the Celtics side. (after checking his medicals with a fine tooth comb, I could see red flags spiking it)

The Celtics would need to make a few other trades though to balance out the roster, we'd need some forwards to replace our two 6'8" wings. Theis isn't a PF who can play alongside Embiid for more than spot minutes.

« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2020, 10:23:34 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I don't think you trade Embiid over Simmons.  Embiid is a clear top 10 player in this league right now.  Sure his health issues are a real concern, but they would be for the acquiring team as well (thus diminishing his value).  Now if some team came with a crazy offer, you listen, but if they trade one, I think Simmons is that guy.  That said because it is fun, here are some interesting trades for Embiid that make some level of sense for both teams (some work this season, some work this summer).

Embiid, Horford for Towns, Dieng, Culver

Embiid, Horford for Collins, Reddish, Parsons, Crabbe, 2020 Protected 1st (lotto), 2022 Protected 1st (lotto)

Embiid for Gallinari, SGA, 3 of the wealth of 1st's

Embiid for Favors, Ingram, Hayes, NAW, 2020 protected 1st (top 5), 2022 1st
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2020, 10:28:52 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Simmons is worth a star-caliber young player, and multiple future 1sts.

For example (and I emphasize, it's JUST an example, so don't take it seriously and LAL doesn't even have a 1st rounder in 2020), something like Simmons for Kuzma, some salary (if needed, or if it's another solid player), and maybe 2 unprotected future 1sts + possibly another protected 1st (or multiple 2nds).

Something like that. It's a little hard to judge though because some teams may view him differently and depending on how he'd fit said team could determine what they'd be willing to send back.

I will say this though. Call it a bold prediction, but if PHI doesn't make the ECF this season, I think we're seeing something big happen this summer. Either Simmons or Embiid gets traded.

Correct me if I'm wrong but PHI probably won't have much, if any cap space next summer, so falling short of an ECF might push them to make a trade as I'm not sure how else they can really improve with $$$ all tied to Horford, Embiid, Simmons, and Harris already.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 10:34:46 AM by Phantom255x »
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2020, 10:31:46 AM »

Offline GreenCoffeeBean

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
Said it before if Simmons and Embid doesn't work you probably want to trade Embid.

for

I don't understand this logic

« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2020, 10:45:43 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Correct me if I'm wrong but PHI probably won't have much, if any cap space next summer, so falling short of an ECF might push them to make a trade as I'm not sure how else they can really improve with $$$ all tied to Horford, Embiid, Simmons, and Harris already.
That is correct, they have four big money contracts (Simmons, Horford, Harris, Embiid) which eats up all their cap space.

« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2020, 10:55:47 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

for

I don't understand this logic

I don't either. Embiid is literally the only reason PHI is a Finals threat. How far PHI goes depends on him and his health.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2020, 10:59:56 AM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
That is correct, they have four big money contracts (Simmons, Horford, Harris, Embiid) which eats up all their cap space.

Unless an absolute stud like Lillard is available for a Simmons trade,  my guess is they'll fire Brett Brown first, while running it back with Simmons/Embiid (don't think there are a lot of Horford/Harris buyers).  They'll hope their new coach can fix the problems (while also hoping Simmons develops a jump shot).  Then maybe they'll explore more Simmons trades at the deadline if the team still appears broken?

No idea who that new coach will be though.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2020, 11:06:51 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
You'd definitely say yes to Tatum for Embiid from the Celtics side. (after checking his medicals with a fine tooth comb, I could see red flags spiking it)

The Celtics would need to make a few other trades though to balance out the roster, we'd need some forwards to replace our two 6'8" wings. Theis isn't a PF who can play alongside Embiid for more than spot minutes.
Maybe Robert Williams, Poirier and Edwards plus a 1st for Bertans? I know his defence is a bit of a liability, but it's not like he doesn't try on that end, ntm that the offence of a Walker/Richardson/Brown/Bertans/Embiid lineup would be pretty nasty (ik that Richardson's percentages are pretty awful, but he'll likely get better quality shots in our offence and get a bump in efficiency).
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA