Author Topic: Heat (1-0) at Celtics (0-1) ECF Game #2 9/17/20  (Read 64970 times)

Re: Heat (1-0) at Celtics (0-1) ECF Game #2 9/17/20
« Reply #945 on: September 17, 2020, 09:46:31 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
F^#€$ Butler

Adebayo kept getting alleys

And Brad just sits there doing nothing. Instead of employing Timelord. What a terrible coaching job again

Yeah, why did TIMELORD not play?
Simple.  Because Stevens loves to get killed on the p-n-r with Kanter. I now think that this guy really doesn’t have a clue on how to coach a championship team.

« Reply #946 on: September 17, 2020, 09:46:55 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
That 3rd quarter was the worst coaching performance I have witnessed this season. Brad has no clue how to use his roster.  He is stubborn and arrogant.  We are superior to that Miami team in every respect except the center position and the coaching.

« Reply #947 on: September 17, 2020, 09:47:13 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Brad is being OUTCOACHED. Does he know he can challenge plays like the KEY block they called on Kemba when tied at 95 and sending Dragic to the FT line? Many lazy passes in this one that Jimmy Butler snagged or deflected. Looks like they want it more. It's disgusting. How do you constantly lose 17 point leads? The 3rd Q the same play over and over again to Bam for uncontested dunks and layups. Sad

He already used up his challenge by that point
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #948 on: September 17, 2020, 09:47:30 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
The starting point of the turnaround was at the end of the 2nd quarter, but the true turning point was when the shot clock was reset when it shouldn't have been.  The next play was a 4 point Crowder play, and it was all downhill from there.

We just have way too many offensive possessions where we're just standing around or completely winging it.  We look like we're ready to crap the bed most possessions against zone defenses.  Why Brad hasn't gotten our players to at least execute at a passable level is beyond me.

Yep, the team absolutely crapped the bed there. I don't know if I've ever yelled louder than when they reset the shot clock and the Crowder got the 4 point play. On the ensuing play, Theis got hammered in the head on his lay-up and there was no call and then the Heat hit another 3. We should have been at the line looking to go up 12 - instead were only sitting there with a 3 point lead.

And, yet, even after getting crushed and going down by 8, the Cs managed to go up by 5 with 4 minutes left in the game and totally crapped the bed again. It's amazing how much this team can epicly choke multiple times in the same game while the Heat throw turnaround, well-guarded daggers from deep.

« Reply #949 on: September 17, 2020, 09:47:43 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Finally, folks are seeing that Stevens is not the answer....

« Reply #950 on: September 17, 2020, 09:47:50 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #951 on: September 17, 2020, 09:47:58 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I want John from Red Army to grill Brad again tonight

How does it feel getting undressed by Spoelstra?

« Reply #952 on: September 17, 2020, 09:48:01 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1409
  • Let's Go Celtics!
You know what... I'm not going to melt down. We're down 0-2 and it's sucks, but the series isn't over. Toronto was down 0-2 and that ended up being a 7 game series. Denver has been 1-3 twice and they're in the conference finals. There's still basketball to be played and we can still win this series. Just come out, get the next, and go from there.

Backs against the wall. 1 game at a time. That has to be the mentality.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #953 on: September 17, 2020, 09:48:04 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
Jaylen Brown was 4-7, 2-4 from three 3-4 from the line for 13 points in that last quarter. Its a shame he couldn't hit that last one, it would have been an epic quarter.

the problem is that Brown gets iced out for most of the game.  Mainly by iso crap from Tatum and Kemba.  I don't mind losing if we are sharing the ball, hustling our butts off and making the right play.  Tonight we were selfish, lazy, gave them so many easy buckets from our terrible turnovers especially Kemba and Tatum.  We can't have 10 turnovers from Kemba and Tatum and expect to win.  Those guys played way too soft.  Its like they don't remember they are in the ECF and need to jack up the intensity.
One of these media cheerleaders covering the team needs to ask Brad about this. Why does Jaylen get freezed out so much?  I do think there's less chance of this happening if Hayward is involved because he moves the ball. Hopefully they can get him back before they're out of the series.

« Reply #954 on: September 17, 2020, 09:48:05 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
Brad is being OUTCOACHED. Does he know he can challenge plays like the KEY block they called on Kemba when tied at 95 and sending Dragic to the FT line? Many lazy passes in this one that Jimmy Butler snagged or deflected. Looks like they want it more. It's disgusting. How do you constantly lose 17 point leads? The 3rd Q the same play over and over again to Bam for uncontested dunks and layups. Sad

He already used up his challenge by that point
There's no point in being rational right now. Just let us grieve ;D
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #955 on: September 17, 2020, 09:48:11 PM »

Offline Indocelts

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 230
Are we becoming the clippers of the East?

« Reply #956 on: September 17, 2020, 09:48:19 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 593
The talent is there to win, the coaching is not
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #957 on: September 17, 2020, 09:48:34 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349

You only get one challenge per game.

« Reply #958 on: September 17, 2020, 09:48:40 PM »

Offline GreenCoffeeBean

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
I'm trying to remind myself that losing is always ugly. It always hurts.  No such thing as losing pretty.

The Heat aren't a million light years better than the Celts.  The gap isn't that huge.  But sometimes all it takes is for one team to be solidly better than the other and for both teams to kinda know it.

Really would like to see them push it to 6 though.

Have you been watching the games or just the box score? We have to play perfect just to go up 10-13 points and the Heat wipe it away with ease. Especially at the end of games, the Heat look incredible as a TEAM. Just a high functioning unit. We’re outclassed.

« Reply #959 on: September 17, 2020, 09:48:51 PM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1480
just disgusted right now. 

can blame Kemba for the game one loss for not showing up (amongst others but primarily Kemba) but this game is on Smart primarily (but with plenty of blame to go around).  bad shots and turnovers.  9 TOs  between Smart and Kemba -- team cannot win when it's 2 primary PGs combine for that many TOs

so Tatum gets a pass?  lol He doesn't from me.  He gets stripped every time he drives, 1/3 of the time it is a turnover, 1/3 time he gets a shot up, 1/3 time he almost turns it over and gets caught and we have to rush a bad shot.

14 turnovers between Tatum, Kemba, and Smart lost the game for us.  Jaylen almost shot us back into the game...