Author Topic: Max Strus signing doesn't make any sense  (Read 7173 times)

Re: Max Strus signing doesn't make any sense
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2019, 09:49:04 PM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
I like Struss's stroke and the way he moves quickly around the court.

He plays a bit like Joe Harris or Klay Thompson. Obviously not at that level, but it's a similar chaotic style. I can see why they like him.

« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2019, 09:54:38 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
I like Struss's stroke and the way he moves quickly around the court.

He plays a bit like Joe Harris or Klay Thompson. Obviously not at that level, but it's a similar chaotic style. I can see why they like him.

True.

That's why giving Strus the 2-way contract is justified.

« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2019, 10:17:50 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
He seemed to have a higher basketball IQ and less concerned about his shot than Waters or Wannamaker tonight.   Instead of trying to gun his way on the team he made the right plays.

« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2019, 07:43:22 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
I wish Tacko and Green get more burn in our next game, instead of just garbage time in the 4th. Let them close out the 2nd and close out the 4th!

Green really looks like a guy who deserves a shot at coming off the bench for spot minutes.
- LilRip

« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2019, 08:12:25 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I wish Tacko and Green get more burn in our next game, instead of just garbage time in the 4th. Let them close out the 2nd and close out the 4th!

Green really looks like a guy who deserves a shot at coming off the bench for spot minutes.

They’ll probably get some extra action in the final game, but with only four preseason games, you need to play the guys who are actually going major pieces of your team, and not the ones you’re taking a flyer on.

« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2019, 08:36:07 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas

They’ll probably get some extra action in the final game, but with only four preseason games, you need to play the guys who are actually going major pieces of your team, and not the ones you’re taking a flyer on.

Agreed and that’s why you play your starters to build chemistry and the key pieces of your bench like Smart, Kanter, Edwards, etc. But for example, is Semi a lock for the rotation? What about Poirier?

I know those guys don’t play much even in preseason, but they do enter the game earlier vs Green and Tacko and are theoretically up against more superior competition. I’d wanna see those 2 guys in the Semi/Poirier slot and see how they do.
- LilRip

« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2019, 08:36:50 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Why? To see them versus real players?

Tacko has looked awful versus the absolute scrubs of the Magic and Hornets. Why do you think he would look better against real competition?

« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2019, 08:45:37 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas

Tacko has looked awful versus the absolute scrubs of the Magic and Hornets. Why do you think he would look better against real competition?

Hypothetically, yes.

And unpopular opinion: I don’t think Tacko is ready for the role he plays among the scrubs. On multiple possessions, the team is trying to get him to post up, which means he needs to create a play for others because the double team always comes. Put a guy like Poirier in that same position and I doubt he shines either.

If there was a bigger threat on the floor, maybe Tacko could focus on simpler things like creating extra possessions off O Rebs and being a target for dump offs from drives.
- LilRip

« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2019, 08:56:19 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Hypothetically, yes.

And unpopular opinion: I don’t think Tacko is ready for the role he plays among the scrubs. On multiple possessions, the team is trying to get him to post up, which means he needs to create a play for others because the double team always comes. Put a guy like Poirier in that same position and I doubt he shines either.

If there was a bigger threat on the floor, maybe Tacko could focus on simpler things like creating extra possessions off O Rebs and being a target for dump offs from drives.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 12:31:37 AM by nickagneta »

« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2019, 12:18:45 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
The NBA has become a
3 point shooting league. Max naturally shoots 3's well. Why would the Celtics get rid of him?

Signing an undrafted rookie for a need don't bode well. You always take the BPA whether they are undrafted or not. And I don't think he's a BPA over Tacko and Green. Didn't we drafted James Young over Jokic and RJ Hunter over Montrelz Harrell for the same reason?

Drafting take the BPA, you sign for need.