Author Topic: (Sim and Mock) who would you want the Cs to take?  (Read 20003 times)

Re: (Sim and Mock) who would you want the Cs to take?
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2020, 10:57:10 AM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
Give me Paul Reed, Tyler Bey, and Xavier Tillman. All gritty, hardworking bigs who can guard multiple positions.

« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2020, 11:24:48 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Give me Paul Reed, Tyler Bey, and Xavier Tillman. All gritty, hardworking bigs who can guard multiple positions.

the issue with Tillman is that he can't shoot

He is hesitant to shoot the 3

Also not the best guarding out the perimeter

Celts already have someone like him on the team (Grant Williams)

« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2020, 11:27:04 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
At 46 if still available I wouldn't mind if the Celts took Mamadi Diakite

Add some depth to the 4 and 5 position
I’d be somewhat surprised if we took a big at that spot (who isn’t a draft & stash) who then went on to make the actual roster. We already have Williams x 2, Theis, Kanter, Ojeleye and sadly Poirier, and I feel like if we keep our first rounders we’ll likely take a big (hopefully my guy Paul Reed).

TP on the Paul Reed love.

John Hollinger said he was "by far" the most under-rated player in this draft. That he was the best defensive player in the entire draft. Has him ranked 13th (late lottery).  Far better than Precious of Memphis.  If this guy is available late first, we have to take him, no??

I think Danny might be interested also.  Especially since Danny was interested in Christian Wood (trade deadline)

I hope if the Celts draft, someone can show him how to execute a euro step.  He really needs this in his game

« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2020, 11:37:42 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I think it could be

17. Josh Green
26. Tyler Bey
30. Aleksej Pokuševski (draft and stash)

Green and Bey are two of the top defenders of the draft.  Pokusevski (per highlights) has shown Porginzis level skills per size.  Draft and stash him

C- Robert Williams/Theis/Kanter
PF- Tatum/Grant Williams
SF- Hayward/Langford/Bey
SG- Brown/Smart/Green/Bey
PG- Walker/Smart/Green

G league
Waters, Edwards, Fall

Adios
Wannamaker, Semi, Javonte Green, Poirier

I like T Bey but after seeing the measurements from the Nike academy this past off-season I'm worried he may not have the size to play his projected 3/4 role on defense. At almost 22 years old He measured 6'6" without shoes 197lbs with a 7' wingspan. To compare J Brown was 6'5.25" wall and 223lbs at 19 years old.

I also really like Green. I see him as a Courtney Lee type wing. He wont be much of an initiator but has decent wing size, can shoot, and will be a good NBA defender. He is a guy who may not have a super high ceiling but I would be comfortable projecting him as a 5th starter / key bench player on really good teams for a long career.

Wasn't the nike academy measurements like 2-3 years ago?

He doesn't look 197 pounds.  Bigger now

I see Pascal Siakam late growth possibility with Tyler Bey.  His long range shooting is improving. His body is improving.  Naturally has a high motor and considered on of the top defenders of the draft.

I don't see the comparisons between Courtney Lee and Josh Green other than that they don't have the "Alpha" mentality on offense.  Josh Green is 6'5 with a 6'10 wingspan.  Thick build.  Very intense/physical defender.   Like a Marcus Smart.  But Green "extra" is and excellent 1st step + ability to explode and slam the ball with authority.  Rebound in traffic and block some shots.   

« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2020, 12:17:29 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420

I’d be somewhat surprised if we took a big at that spot (who isn’t a draft & stash) who then went on to make the actual roster. We already have Williams x 2, Theis, Kanter, Ojeleye and sadly Poirier, and I feel like if we keep our first rounders we’ll likely take a big (hopefully my guy Paul Reed).

John Hollinger said he was "by far" the most under-rated player in this draft. That he was the best defensive player in the entire draft. Has him ranked 13th (late lottery).  Far better than Precious of Memphis.  If this guy is available late first, we have to take him, no??

I think Danny might be interested also.  Especially since Danny was interested in Christian Wood (trade deadline)

I hope if the Celts draft, someone can show him how to execute a euro step.  He really needs this in his game

Was just going to comment on how his lack of a euro step is a concern of mine. He takes awkward of balance shots or floaters where other players of his physical profile would simply euro and dunk. I’m not sure if this is a balance/coordination issue.

I really want to like Reed but really worry that we will be physically overwhelmed at the 5. This will make him a full time perimeter player, he is a great prospect as a switching big but I don’t think his mobility is there to be a full time perimeter defender
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2020, 01:25:19 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Was just going to comment on how his lack of a euro step is a concern of mine. He takes awkward of balance shots or floaters where other players of his physical profile would simply euro and dunk. I’m not sure if this is a balance/coordination issue.

I really want to like Reed but really worry that we will be physically overwhelmed at the 5. This will make him a full time perimeter player, he is a great prospect as a switching big but I don’t think his mobility is there to be a full time perimeter defender

Agreed

But the good signs are his rebounding numbers and block shots.  He was one of the top 5 rebounders in college ball.  Shows me he is willing to mix it up inside/fight for the rebound

With a proper workout facility/nutrition...he could also add another 10-15 pounds of mass

I think with an euro step (without mass) he could become something closer to a Pascal Siakam

With added mass but without an eurostep could become something closer to a Serge Ibaka

If he adds both mass + eurostep .....

but If he can't add either.... still probably a decent energy man off the bench that can stretch the floor a little. Like a Chris Boucher

« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2020, 05:24:59 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
i looked at some video of paul reed. as i watched him run and play he reminded of leon powe in terms of his style of play. close to, but not under the basket; good rebounder; tough player.

then for fun i looked at reed's and powe's stats, and they were a bit similar as well.

Powe
17.8 pts/g
9.8 rbs/g
49% FG
30% 3pt
67% FT

Reed
15.1 pts/g
10.7 rbs/g
52% FG
31% 3pt
74% FT

But Reed blocks a LOT more shots than Powe ever did (2.6/g versus 0.6/g) and seems to be more athletic...but then again, Powe's knees were a problem from day one.

if ainge can bring in a healthy, better defensive Powe with a late pick, i am fine with it. Reed would seem to have a future as a solid bench guy. and that is fine when being picked late in the draft.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2020, 06:38:50 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
i looked at some video of paul reed. as i watched him run and play he reminded of leon powe in terms of his style of play. close to, but not under the basket; good rebounder; tough player.

then for fun i looked at reed's and powe's stats, and they were a bit similar as well.

Powe
17.8 pts/g
9.8 rbs/g
49% FG
30% 3pt
67% FT

Reed
15.1 pts/g
10.7 rbs/g
52% FG
31% 3pt
74% FT

But Reed blocks a LOT more shots than Powe ever did (2.6/g versus 0.6/g) and seems to be more athletic...but then again, Powe's knees were a problem from day one.

if ainge can bring in a healthy, better defensive Powe with a late pick, i am fine with it. Reed would seem to have a future as a solid bench guy. and that is fine when being picked late in the draft.

Great call back. Good ol' Leon Powe. He was able to contribute to that championship team his rookie season. Too bad his knee injuries limited him. He could have been a really good NBA player with a long career. Tough as nails.

« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2020, 11:26:24 PM »

Offline greenhead85

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 35
I'm starting to like to draft Bolmaro, Mamadi Daikite, Paul Reed and Chris Smith (of UCLA). That is when we make all our picks.

« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2020, 10:51:54 AM »

Offline bucknersrevenge

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 170
3 1st round picks means 3 guaranteed slots. Does anyone here believe that we will give 3 guaranteed slots to rookies? Keep in mind that decisions also have to be made about Tremont Waters and Tacko Fall. How many signed 1st round picks do you think we will end up with next season. My belief is none but I'm curious as to what others think.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity...

« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2020, 10:56:34 AM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
I'm starting to like to draft Bolmaro, Mamadi Daikite, Paul Reed and Chris Smith (of UCLA). That is when we make all our picks.
Daikite reminds me of Rodman. High effort guy. Can play right away. Still working on his shot. Surprised his rebound numbers aren't higher. Maybe it's the slow tempo Virginia-style bball but he could fit on this team. Needs to get stronger for sure but has that wiry strength.

« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2020, 11:14:44 AM »

Offline greenhead85

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 35
Daikite reminds me of Rodman. High effort guy. Can play right away. Still working on his shot. Surprised his rebound numbers aren't higher. Maybe it's the slow tempo Virginia-style bball but he could fit on this team. Needs to get stronger for sure but has that wiry strength.

Agree on Rodman comparison. He's got a good shooting stroke and range and one-on-one capability which Rodman didn't have.

« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2020, 11:23:24 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

Agree on Rodman comparison. He's got a good shooting stroke and range and one-on-one capability which Rodman didn't have.

I'll have to check him out. Rodman (an all-world defender and rebounder) with a shooting stroke?

Kenneth Faried was compared to Rodman too. Indeed, he was an energy player that got some rebounds, but he was also a terrible defender.

Is this guy's instincts good? Does he get lost on rotations? Does he have a knack for one on one defense against a variety of players? Is he physical without fouling?

« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2020, 11:38:04 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

I'll have to check him out. Rodman (an all-world defender and rebounder) with a shooting stroke?

Kenneth Faried was compared to Rodman too. Indeed, he was an energy player that got some rebounds, but he was also a terrible defender.

Is this guy's instincts good? Does he get lost on rotations? Does he have a knack for one on one defense against a variety of players? Is he physical without fouling?

He looks like Rodman because of the blond haircut. Let's not get carried away here, fellas.

« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2020, 11:38:17 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
I read, what appears to have been a fan posted mock draft on Twitter.  It had the C's trading Marcus and the 17 to GSW for the #2 and selecting Killian Hayes.  I don't know if Marcus and the 17 is enough to get up that high, but it's interesting!
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."