Author Topic: Hawks (6-2) at Celtics (8-1) 11/13  (Read 66066 times)

Re: Hawks (6-2) at Celtics (8-1) 11/13
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2009, 05:59:37 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
What are the chances KG and ZaZa resume their 'rivalry' tonight? I would love to see zaza get slapped.

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2009, 07:35:24 PM »

Offline jimmyt

• Author
  • Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 2500
Quotes from Doc:

On Back to back with Indy
“It’s a brutal game. When you’re looking at the schedule the first thing you look at is 4 and 5 and what we call 8 and 7’s. 8 and 7’s are an 8:00 night and then a 7:00 night the next night. Its the first thing as a coach you look at. And you hate those 8 and 7’s because its tough. 8 usually means tv game which actually means a longer game, and then you get on the plane and go wherever you have to go and then you play 7 the next night in less than 24 hours, long flight- it’s just a difficult one.”

“I told the story- the sleep dep guy, I had him look at the schedule last year and said ‘show me a game that you think will be difficult to win’ and he pointed at the Indiana game, and he said ‘I dont know if you won or not’ cause when you look at him he has a bowtie on and you know he doesnt know anything about basketball but he said ‘i dont know if you won or not but I guarantee you didnt play well’ and he was right.”

Getting young guys to buy into team (Hawks)

“Selling everyday, because it’s difficult. It’s as difficult as anything in our league when you have more than one or two or three young guys to get them to buy into their roles because theyre more interested for the most part in being stars and they don’t want a role. They want to show you what their role is rather than you tell them what it is. So I dont think that process of the sell ever stops. You have to convince them that thats their role to success, and I think Woody [Hawks Coach Mike Woodson] has done that.

On Lebron changing jersey #:
“He said he was going to wear #6, hell, that number should be retired.”

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2009, 07:37:41 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Would love to see another game of after three quarters the Celtics are up 20+ and the starters don't have to play minutes in the fourth. With a late flight into Indiana and a game tomorrow night, I'ld like to see the starters well rested.

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2009, 07:42:42 PM »

Kiorrik

Aight, here we are again.

I kind of feel like we're going to erm... well... I kinda feel... like erm... ermm... like we're going to... errr... not win.

*coughs*

.. but I'm going to be proven wrong by a superb C team that, in all likelihood will pounce on the Hawks like they did the Jazz, and tear them limp from limp before the 3rd quarter ends.

But yehr, looking forward to tonights game. I dig the Hawks. I'm going to pay there blog a visit now, and wish them good luck.

Am I the only C fan that likes Bibby?

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2009, 07:43:13 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
I love how balanced our scoring is this year. I don't think anyone is going to average more than 20 pts this season. Hopefully Perk is able to get up to double figures so we can go 5 for 5 with starters.

I'm going to miss this one but i'm going to say the Celtics win this. The hawks are the celtics sons...

« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2009, 07:58:35 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545

"Ron-do`s bet-ter"
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2009, 07:59:32 PM »

Kiorrik

"Ron-do`s bet-ter"
Hahaha TP for that. True, and yes, that was bloody awesome.

Still, I don't mind Bibs :P (horrid nick)

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2009, 07:59:59 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393

I kind of feel like we're going to erm... well... I kinda feel... like erm... ermm... like we're going to... errr... not win.

*coughs*

.. but I'm going to be proven wrong by a superb C team that, in all likelihood will pounce on the Hawks like they did the Jazz, and tear them limp from limp before the 3rd quarter ends.

But yehr, looking forward to tonights game. I dig the Hawks. I'm going to pay there blog a visit now, and wish them good luck.

If you are not the only one, you are a small minority. Bibby personally had some harsh things to say about the celtics either last year or the year before. Here is a quote from him The Hawks point guard lit into Celtics' fans before practice Tuesday, calling them "bandwagon jumpers." "They were kind of loud at the beginning," he said. "But a lot of these fans are bandwagon jumpers trying to get on this now. I played here last year, too. And I didn't see three fourths of them. They're for the team now and they might get a little rowdy but that's about it." When asked if he thought they were fair-weather fans, joining the party only after the Celtics' offseason trades that brought Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen to town, Bibby didn't hesitate to pour more gasoline on the fire. "You could say that," he said. "I remember them having bags on their heads [last year]. It's a different look. I guess that's what happens when you win."

This quote can be found athttp://www.fannation.com/blogs/post/182819-regarding-bibby-rips-celtics-fair-weather-fans. He was booed loudly at the garden after this.

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2009, 08:04:19 PM »

Kiorrik

Let me put this differently then.

I respect Bibby, for his game.

« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2009, 08:06:30 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Oh God, Mike "I can't hide my hate for the C's" Breen is announcing the game. :-\

« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2009, 08:07:00 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1666

*coughs*

If you are not the only one, you are a small minority. Bibby personally had some harsh things to say about the celtics either last year or the year before. Here is a quote from him The Hawks point guard lit into Celtics' fans before practice Tuesday, calling them "bandwagon jumpers." "They were kind of loud at the beginning," he said. "But a lot of these fans are bandwagon jumpers trying to get on this now. I played here last year, too. And I didn't see three fourths of them. They're for the team now and they might get a little rowdy but that's about it." When asked if he thought they were fair-weather fans, joining the party only after the Celtics' offseason trades that brought Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen to town, Bibby didn't hesitate to pour more gasoline on the fire. "You could say that," he said. "I remember them having bags on their heads [last year]. It's a different look. I guess that's what happens when you win."

This quote can be found athttp://www.fannation.com/blogs/post/182819-regarding-bibby-rips-celtics-fair-weather-fans. He was booed loudly at the garden after this.

He'll still be booed tonight, I'd bet.

« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2009, 08:07:14 PM »

Offline fan33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 5
I can't be first but, we could lose this, I just feel the Doom in the room, I fear........ >:(

Though I entirely doubt that the Hawks win tonight.

Should be a good contest  ;)
"Indefatigable on Defense, defines these Celtics"

« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2009, 08:09:33 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Sleeping early.

« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2009, 08:15:11 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER