Author Topic: Cousins unfollows Pelicans on Instagram. Says cuz he’s “grown”  (Read 3409 times)

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

Offline celts10

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
He's grown bigger than the team.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Idk what that means. Is he a goner? LA perhaps?

https://hoopshype.com/2018/05/16/new-orleans-pelicans-demarcus-cousins-unfollow-instagram-free-agency/

what kind of answer is that?

Are there folks that still want him on the CEltics??

« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 02:38:08 PM by triboy16f »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Loser who made the Pelicans worse.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Idk what that means. Is he a goner? LA perhaps?

https://hoopshype.com/2018/05/16/new-orleans-pelicans-demarcus-cousins-unfollow-instagram-free-agency/

guessing he asked for a  max extension and Pelicans gave him the ol "get back to you"
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 10:06:57 PM by triboy16f »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
I'll despise this guy even more when he's a Laker in 2 months

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
If I was New Orleans I wouldn’t be so fast to offer that supermax that only they can offer.

I’d go over what other teams without his rights can, but probably not go too crazy above it.

If he only wants their max, I’d start looking at s&t possibilities.
CELTICS 2024

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
If I was New Orleans I wouldn’t be so fast to offer that supermax that only they can offer.

I’d go over what other teams without his rights can, but probably not go too crazy above it.

If he only wants their max, I’d start looking at s&t possibilities.

They can't offer a supermax to Cousins. This is from the Washington Post:

"A player qualifies for the DPE [Designated Player Exception], which can be used to give a player a contract extension or to sign him as a free agent, if he does one of the following:

1. He makes one of the three all-NBA teams or is named either defensive player of the year or most valuable player the previous season.

2. He has made one of the three all-NBA teams or has been named defensive player of the year in two of the prior three seasons or the league’s most valuable player in one of the three prior seasons.

And this crucial stipulation: He has to be on the team that drafted him or has to have been traded on his rookie deal to another team."

Since Cousins wasn't on his rookie deal when he was traded he lost Supermax-eligibility. Also, the Pels can only offer one Superman deal, which they would likely reserve for Davis instead.

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Reports about Instagram are in my top five of things that irritate me about sports today. 

My guess is that this is completely meaningless.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
Reports about Instagram are in my top five of things that irritate me about sports today. 

This 1000x. If I have to hear one more news story about some NBA player tweeting those side eyes I will lose it

Re: Cousins unfollows Pelicans on Instagram. Says cuz he’s “grown”
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2018, 09:59:49 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
DeMarcus Cousins started following Julius Randle, Isaiah Thomas, and Paul George.

Well, looks like we know where he's heading to this summer, along with Paul George. Now waiting for LeBron James to unfollow the Cavs and start following those guys and his new team as well.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2018, 10:04:20 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
DeMarcus Cousins started following Julius Randle, Isaiah Thomas, and Paul George.

Well, looks like we know where he's heading to this summer, along with Paul George. Now waiting for LeBron James to unfollow the Cavs and start following those guys and his new team as well.
good eye
TP

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2018, 10:04:46 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

LOL how can the Lakers even afford all that.

They essentially need to sign three max-contracts (Lebron, George, Cousins), re-sign Randle and Thomas with Bird Rights. They'd virtually have to trade everyone else (Kuzma, Ball, Ingram, Deng) to make that work...
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2018, 10:07:44 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

Lebron teaming up with Isaiah? Yeah, that ain’t happening.

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2018, 10:08:00 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Would you still want him on the Celtics team?