Author Topic: Is Gordon Hayward 100 percent healthy now?  (Read 4289 times)

Re: Is Gordon Hayward 100 percent healthy now?
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2019, 10:33:30 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I think he's perfectly fine and I don't think health was ever the issue.

It's strange that on some nights he doesn't play well yet other nights like tonight, he plays so much more effectively.

I have a theory, but will keep it to myself.

Does it involve the shape of the earth?  ;D

Similarly to the Philly game back in February when Hayward scored 30, he seems to play better when Kyrie isn't playing.

In order for Hayward to be consistent, he needs to be the focal point of the offense like he was in Utah.

Just my 2 cents. I am 100% open to differing takes and could very easily be proven wrong.

I know Gordon also scored 30 in the Golden State game which Kyrie did play in, but it just seems to me the majority of the time he's played well is when Kyrie hasn't played.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 10:39:19 PM by gpap »

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2019, 10:36:57 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349

It's strange that on some nights he doesn't play well yet other nights like tonight, he plays so much more effectively.

Similarly to the Philly game back in February when Hayward scored 30, he seems to play better when Kyrie isn't playing.

In order for Hayward to be consistent, he needs to be the focal point of the offense like he was in Utah.

Just my 2 cents. I am 100% open to differing takes and could very easily be proven wrong.

I see what you’re saying. I think Hayward and Kyrie could co-exist. We just can’t have a ball stopper like Morris jacking up 12+ FGs a game...which he does.

For whatever reason, Hayward is rarely our second or third option—even though it might help the team be most efficient.

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2019, 10:44:21 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

I know Gordon also scored 30 in the Golden State game which Kyrie did play in, but it just seems to me the majority of the time he's played well is when Kyrie hasn't played.
I think it's less of a Kyrie problem, and more of a general problem in the sense that we have too many selfish guys on offence (particularly Morris, Rozier & Tatum). Kyrie is selfish, but at least he regularly displays the ability and willingness to pass the rock.

I think once Mook and Rozier are gone Hayward will flourish.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2019, 11:07:58 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
83.27%

This is the best guess so far imo

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2019, 11:57:17 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106

I see what you’re saying. I think Hayward and Kyrie could co-exist. We just can’t have a ball stopper like Morris jacking up 12+ FGs a game...which he does.

For whatever reason, Hayward is rarely our second or third option—even though it might help the team be most efficient.
They can coexist but in the playoffs GH and KI mediocre defense will be a problem.

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2019, 11:58:18 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

They can coexist but in the playoffs GH and KI mediocre defense will be a problem.
If Hayward played mediocre defence it would be. Morris and Tatum play far worse defence for the most part, particularly team defence
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2019, 12:08:49 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
83.27%

83.27001   :)

he has one gray hair

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2019, 12:41:21 AM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533

This. And Rozier is in the same category as Morris.  Removing these two from the occasion will help this team in so many ways - assuming Ainge comes up with the right replacements. 

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2019, 12:43:40 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
he's still dealing with some pain/soreness.  It's unclear if that's something that will go away in the next couple years or be a permanent thing for the remainder of his career, but he might never be back to what he once was.

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2019, 09:01:08 AM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 570
85%

Are we using Price is Right rules?  If so, then I'm going 86%.

Using those rules, I'll go 1%. Truthfully I figure he's probably 60-65 percent. I really don't expect he'll be close to 100% until next year.

« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2019, 09:18:54 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Are we talking physically or mentally? I would say 85% physical and 15% mentally healthy.

« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2019, 10:13:30 AM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason

« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2019, 10:19:12 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
I'd say he is healthy, but not mentaly at 100% nor he has the same level of confidence as before.
I do believe that we will see a good version of hayward his post season, and i am sure he will have a huge bounce back season next campaing.

what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2019, 10:27:09 AM »

Offline Walker Wiggle

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 125
I don't think he's 100% physically, no. Go back and watch footage from his 2017 pre-season with the Celtics and you'll see the subtle difference. This shouldn't be surprising, given that we have recent news reports of ankle soreness and that he's been managing the injury all year. I just think it's too easy to say "it's just mental". Managing pain and soreness is mental, I suppose, but it stems from a real physical injury and recovery.

I think next year he will be more or less his old self. Not sure he'll ever be 26-year-old GH ever again, but then again, no 29 or 30 year old is the same as his 26-year-old self, regardless of whether or not they sustain an injury. Here's hoping he can be even better, even if he's slightly less explosive.

« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2019, 10:30:31 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
No. Not mentally or physically.