Author Topic: 24 (TV Show)  (Read 35944 times)

Re: 24 (TV Show)
« Reply #105 on: April 13, 2009, 11:20:32 PM »

Offline muddy02

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 8
yeah, but i really didn't see it coming.  i'll bet that the only way save jack is to have some of the bio weapon left, so maybe that's why Tony wants the canister?  or maybe he thinks that guy will lead him somewhere....?

« Reply #106 on: April 13, 2009, 11:45:54 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Well, I have always stuck up for this show when people say it's getting too corny and they take all the twists and turns a little too far... But the end of tonights episode was just plain stupid and doesn't make sense. Right after Tony helps save the day by destroying the bioweapon, he kills "one of his own" men and turns his back on the good guys again...

Just stupid.

I agree.  It doesn't make any sense at all what happened with Tony.   The end of this episode was too out in left field for me but I'll probably watch it again next week.  Of course with the previews for next week Jack makes a miraculous comeback.  Who couldn't see that coming.... 

« Reply #107 on: April 14, 2009, 01:02:13 AM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.
yeah, but i really didn't see it coming.  i'll bet that the only way save jack is to have some of the bio weapon left, so maybe that's why Tony wants the canister?  or maybe he thinks that guy will lead him somewhere....?

It'll be explained in the coming weeks... money, leverage, who knows?  I don't think it is wrought with good intentions, not the way the previews showed at least.

Tony  >:(

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

« Reply #108 on: April 14, 2009, 10:39:03 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Hmm, Jack vs. Tony for 6 episodes... me likes.

Yeah, it came a bit out of left field. But we knew it was coming since the season started. It was quite hinted though that he was going to betray them when Moss was saying to him how heroic he was and removed the handcuffs. Will wait for the explanations of what he's doing.

« Reply #109 on: April 14, 2009, 11:05:58 AM »

Offline rondo987

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
It's a twist I dont like. I feel like they already played that "Tony the bad guy" card and it's stupid to do it again. How can there be an explanation this time though, after killing the head FBI agent?
"Life has so many hurdles. Some of them I've hopped over, and some of them I've tripped over. The key is to get back up and finish the race."

-Paul Pierce-

« Reply #110 on: April 14, 2009, 12:10:26 PM »

Offline Hoyo de Monterrey

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 669
It's a twist I dont like. I feel like they already played that "Tony the bad guy" card and it's stupid to do it again. How can there be an explanation this time though, after killing the head FBI agent?

That's why I'm pretty okay with it. I always look for ways Tony could back out and flip to the other side, but killing Moss makes me believe that Tony really is a bad guy, whereas before it wasn't anything important that Tony did that couldn't be forgiven.

Kim coming back is interesting in that I see a scenario where she helps him against his will and she dies during surgery or something... Jack will be without his wife and daughter, and dies at the end of the next season. Shaping up to be a real tragedy.

Then again, maybe I just read too much.
"Let me call him," Floyd said.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

« Reply #111 on: April 14, 2009, 08:25:02 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55

As I said earlier - the writers have either run out of ideas or are simply too lazy to try and come up with new ones. 

The show doesn't even have any substance anymore, it seems every 1-2 episodes there is a new threat, they resolve it, but surprise!! a new one pops up. 

« Reply #112 on: April 21, 2009, 08:54:29 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
Just watched last night's episode, and I thought it was great... What the heck is wrong with Jack? He's getting owned. I like the idea of him having a grandson.

« Reply #113 on: April 30, 2009, 12:57:07 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315

As I said earlier - the writers have either run out of ideas or are simply too lazy to try and come up with new ones. 

The show doesn't even have any substance anymore, it seems every 1-2 episodes there is a new threat, they resolve it, but surprise!! a new one pops up. 

They do so much in that 1 hour block that when you throw 24 episodes together things get done rather quickly and to fill up the time you have to bring up new "threats".

« Reply #114 on: April 30, 2009, 01:26:30 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
Best scene of the series so far is Jack Bauer name dropping President Palmer's name.

« Reply #115 on: April 30, 2009, 01:29:27 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55

They do so much in that 1 hour block that when you throw 24 episodes together things get done rather quickly and to fill up the time you have to bring up new "threats".

not when the show was creative and well written.  go back and watch the first season.  or even season 2 or 3.  the need to constantly have new events wasnt there because story lines were thought out and lasted more then 20 minutes. 

I dont even necessarily fault them, because the show's structure is so unique.  I understand it must be tough to write in the context of the show, being 24 1 hour episodes.  but if you cant do it, then dont.  That's just my view.  I know a lot of people really like the show.  I still watch it, but it is disapointing based on how good the earlier seasons were.

« Reply #116 on: May 12, 2009, 03:46:15 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
Well, it's time to save Kim once again. Love Jack beating the crap out of Almeida... I could watch him do that for a full hour, why didn't they?

Season finale next week, 2 hours.

« Reply #117 on: May 12, 2009, 04:22:31 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Well, it's time to save Kim once again. Love Jack beating the crap out of Almeida... I could watch him do that for a full hour, why didn't they?

I don't think I have ever watched a 24 trailer for the next episode, and been as uninterested as I was after watching the trailer for next week's episode.  It's just so contrived and repetitive at this point.  How about actually having a new plot twist, instead of the same ones over and over?

But yeah, I'm still gonna watch.  That's how addictions work.

« Reply #118 on: May 12, 2009, 04:59:52 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
To be honest, I'm limping to the finish line with this season.  I'm just not into it that much anymore.  I'll watch the finale but there's no sense of anxiousness on my part to see how it finishes like past seasons.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #119 on: May 12, 2009, 05:51:52 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

I kinda liked this season until this save Kim storyline came into play. I'm not a fan of the coerce Bauer storylines.