Author Topic: Celtics (27-3) at Warriors (8-22) 12/26  (Read 29590 times)

Re: Celtics (27-3) at Warriors (8-22) 12/26
« Reply #105 on: December 27, 2008, 01:23:55 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
looked like when they got up they expected the warriors to roll over....need to win at sac and portland to finish this with a split...

« Reply #106 on: December 27, 2008, 01:24:13 AM »

Offline Jaycelt

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 7
Pierce played his ass off and got no help from anyone else in green.
Doc had a horrible lineup in for way too long.  It gave GS momentum and the Celtics never recovered.
Rondo played like crap for the second game in a row.
Powe better the hell have been hurt to have not been back in the game.

« Reply #107 on: December 27, 2008, 01:25:37 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
What was with Ray tonight? just terrible and no composure

your kidding right?

when even donny "no official is ever wrong, please make me a national announcer" marshal starts commenting that a certain offical has it in for you and is calling ticker tack fouls to get you tossed, its trouble.

Ray was fine tonight, 3 of his fouls (including the last 3 in a row) were crap calls.

I mean, what did you want him to do, not play defense or drive on offense for fear of Mr. Wood and his whistle?

The problem was the lackadsical bench play (again) and lack of any size in the middle. Its these games where we see how much we need a back up big to enforce the paint when perks out.

teams are well aware we are undersized inside once perk goes to the bench.

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #108 on: December 27, 2008, 01:27:00 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson

Rondo played like crap for the second game in a row.

11/10/9 part was good, the 7 TO's, not so much.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #109 on: December 27, 2008, 01:27:17 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Doc is adament not to play his starters too long and it has cost them the last 2 games. if they are going to do this then they need to get some depth on the bench. look what not having perk tonight did to the line up and rotations...sorry but Scal should not be seeing the floor unless the C's are up big. he is not a viable bench player....get some help with another big and another shooter

« Reply #110 on: December 27, 2008, 01:28:23 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
Doc is adament not to play his starters too long and it has cost them the last 2 games. if they are going to do this then they need to get some depth on the bench. look what not having perk tonight did to the line up and rotations...sorry but Scal should not be seeing the floor unless the C's are up big. he is not a viable bench player....get some help with another big and another shooter

oddly enough i felt scal was one of the lone bright spots off the bench.

eddie gave us almost nothing tonight, as did TA.

« Reply #111 on: December 27, 2008, 01:29:28 AM »

Online Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Horrible all around game, we started well but stopped trying on the second half which is very uncharacteristic in this year's squad.

I could complain about Doc leaving bench players too long but, like last year, I think he's trying to develop that bench for the long term.  However, in the end everyone played their part in sucking.  Rondo had too many turnovers, Ray didn't play well, KG should've gone more to the box towards the end of the game, and Pierce should've demanded the ball when Jackson was spitting all over him (PP was playing good defense, but Jackson is one of those players that when he's on, he's on).  Overall, lack of concentration gave this game away.  I am so disappointed especially since Sunday's game will be my last game before I go away for two weeks.
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #112 on: December 27, 2008, 01:30:07 AM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
What was with Ray tonight? just terrible and no composure

your kidding right?

when even donny "no official is ever wrong, please make me a national announcer" marshal starts commenting that a certain offical has it in for you and is calling ticker tack fouls to get you tossed, its trouble.

Ray was fine tonight, 3 of his fouls (including the last 3 in a row) were crap calls.

I mean, what did you want him to do, not play defense or drive on offense?

The problem was the lackadsical bench play (again) and lack of any size in the middle. Its these games where we see how much we need a back up big to enforce the paint when perks out.

teams are well aware we are undersized inside once perk goes to the bench.

He had 7 pts and 4 turnovers and fouled out in 29 minutes
...and I really dont know what the $%^& some of those lineups doc had in the game either...terrible
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #113 on: December 27, 2008, 01:32:40 AM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119
Tommy made a good point about the refs during the postgame.  It seemed like these group of officials let the crowd get the best of them.  Not one call went our way down the stretch.

The refs seemed to feed off of the energy of the crowd and made calls just to make the crowd happier.

« Reply #114 on: December 27, 2008, 01:33:07 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
i am talking game in and game out about Scal. i just see some big problems with the bench as the season goes on. we all do. front court depth is big as well as back up PG that can shoot consistently and play good defense. i like eddie house but he needs to come in at the 2 guard...and tony allen not the answer as someone who can give them big minutes. i think he can help the rotation but he isn't the answer. best thing about this loss is it is humbling and now boston has something to prove....because a lot of folks now are going to anoint cleveland as the team to beat...

« Reply #115 on: December 27, 2008, 01:35:43 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
honestly...the boston bench should be able to beat this GS team or at least hold the lead to 10 points...no excuses on this one....GS is outmanned and bad when they aren't outmanned. time for ainge to make a move or 2

« Reply #116 on: December 27, 2008, 01:36:51 AM »

Offline Scribbles

• Jayson Tatum

oddly enough i felt scal was one of the lone bright spots off the bench.

eddie gave us almost nothing tonight, as did TA.

I agree Scal did well in the 4 minutes he played.  I also thought BBD did alright, nothing special but he brought some scoring and rebounding off the bench.  Powe was playing great and Doc just left him on the bench down the stretch for whatever reason.  The team was -19 in EFF when House was on the floor ouch!  I'm not going to panic just yet, but this lose hurts. Now we have to try and get the split by winning in Sactown and Portland.  

« Reply #117 on: December 27, 2008, 01:39:48 AM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
This bench is starting to look like what people expected before the begginning of last year
I cant stand tony allen...i hate that hes on this team
and with the way doc loves resting the starters, this could get ugly quick
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #118 on: December 27, 2008, 01:46:06 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
look at the bench:

Scal, o bryant and pruitt for the most part are not guys they can count on when needed nor will they be looked to do that....that leaves allen and house for 1-3 and that is scary...house is ok to me...the tony allen experiment in taking up posey's minutes is a failure....he can't be looked at as the prime back up to allen and pierce....baby and powe are the only bigs on the boston bench that get time...

ainge has to make a move now...pj brown...somebody...and i for one wouldn't mind marbury...can handle the ball and can shoot from outside....i think boston has a strong enough lockerroom to keep him in line....but the bench needs to be looked at pronto

« Reply #119 on: December 27, 2008, 02:57:39 AM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
I lost a lot of respect for Belinelli tonight. Guy was in soccer mode with those flops he was pullin. Can't believe the ref bought into that hype. Just disgraceful.