Author Topic: What will be the realistic asking price for Nerlens Noel  (Read 5316 times)

What will be the realistic asking price for Nerlens Noel
« on: June 01, 2016, 11:24:30 AM »

Offline vgulab

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 54
I imagined Noel in green for 2 years and now it could became reality. If Cousins doesn't became Celtic, our second best option for the center position is Noel.

I prefer Noel over Okafor because i think he is better fit in Brad Stevens system. Okafor is better version of Sullinger and Noel is better version of Amir. Brad likes mobile big guys and that is why Amir and Jonas got so many minutes.

Brad's system: mobility, defense, fast pace, stretching the floor. In my opinion Noel has 3/4 of these and Okafor probably 1/4.

Plus who else in the league averages 2 stl and 2 blk per game? But best about Noel his mobility.

OK. so i've been thinking and i still don't know what would Philly want? My question is not what we should offer but what they will ask?

Re: What will be the realistic asking price for Nerlens Noel
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 11:26:41 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I expect that the Sixers would ask for a star price for Noel.

I don't see Noel as a star player, or even an elite one way player, given his injury concerns and the fact that he's not a dominant rebounder.

He's a nice role player. A big man version of Marcus Smart, in a way, as a prospect.

It'd be nice to add Noel, but in my opinion not worth trading a top pick or a nice prospect and a bunch of lesser picks.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 11:26:59 AM »

Offline hardlyyardley

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
Smart straight up

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 11:28:03 AM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
They will ask for the moon.
I would hold firm on 2016 Dallas pick, a second rounder and hunter/young

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2016, 11:43:46 AM »

Offline showtime

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 20
Smart works for me, but I'd much rather have Okafor!!

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2016, 11:47:27 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
Smart straight up

I think this is exact. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if we traded the #3 and Smart for Noel and Okafor straight up.
That would create a very scary team in Philly for years to come.

Embiid
Simmons (Drafted #1)
Covington
Smart
Dunn (Drafted #3)

This trade just makes too much sense for both teams. I also think if a trade like this happens Boston looks to trade the Mavs pick for Dano Gallinari.
That will make us competent in all areas where we currently lack, low post scoring, rim protection, and outside shooting... and we'll also have plenty of money to fill more needs (re-sign Turner) etc.

Only issue is we will then have to compete against a very stacked Philly team for years to come.

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2016, 11:49:03 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Smart straight up
Yup.  I'd probably do it too.

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2016, 11:50:44 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Why would we want both Noel and Okafor when they couldn't play effectively together last year for Philly?

Trading for one of them makes some sense for the Cs, both makes none. Why import the 76ers issues?

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2016, 11:54:27 AM »

Offline Phil125

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 57
Rumor is that they are both available.

Could we get both?

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2016, 11:54:33 AM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
Smart straight up

I think this is exact. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if we traded the #3 and Smart for Noel and Okafor straight up.

Embiid
Simmons (Drafted #1)
Covington
Smart
Dunn (Drafted #3)

This trade just makes too much sense for both teams. I also think if a trade like this happens Boston looks to trade the Mavs pick for Dano Gallinari.
That will make us competent in all areas where we currently lack, low post scoring, rim protection, and outside shooting... and we'll also have plenty of money to fill more needs (re-sign Turner) etc.

Only issue is we will then have to compete against a very stacked Philly team for years to come.

Because two paint clogging bigs worked so well in philly.
Kind of reminds me of the perk, big al days.
Doc couldn't play both at the same time because they suffocated our ability to drive and kick.

Think cbs would pull his hair out if we made that trade.

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2016, 11:56:17 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I expect Philly will be looking for a trade offer built around one of the following:

(1) Draft pick = a top 10 pick. Something in the 7-10 range.
(2) An established vet = a youngish starter who is top 10-12 at his position (maybe top 15)
(3) A young prospect = above average starter to all-star potential

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2016, 11:56:49 AM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
I'd do smart and 16,23 but I'm not a believer that smart will ever be a good shooter, or very good offensively. I guess I have more faith that Noel can be a starter on a contender but not smart. But I could end up being wrong. Either way I don't think Philly would listen. Noel matches better with Embiid I think and I don't think smart has much value outside of Boston.

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2016, 11:57:30 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
Smart straight up

Embiid
Simmons (Drafted #1)
Covington
Smart
Dunn (Drafted #3)

Because two paint clogging bigs worked so well in philly.
Kind of reminds me of the perk, big al days.
Doc couldn't play both at the same time because they suffocated our ability to drive and kick.

Think cbs would pull his hair out if we made that trade.

I think its impossible to use the Philly experiment as a sample size on how it would work for the C's.
Philly had poor coaching, awful management and were trying to tank. How can you make assumptions that it wouldn't work in Boston when we are far superior in all those facets?

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2016, 11:59:31 AM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
#3 and smart for Noel and okafor if do in a heartbeat. I'd be doing backflips. I would end up trading one of them but we'd have a couple different avenues to take.

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2016, 12:03:53 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I think Colangelo will be looking for a PG for Noel. He loves PGs.

Mike Conley and Jeff Teague would have been prime targets but both are FAs. Maybe Bledsoe. Isaiah Thomas but I don't think Ainge trades Isaiah for Noel (although I would). Reggie Jackson but I can't see Detroit moving him plus they already have Drummond. Nothing there.

Jrue Holiday is injured. Maybe Dragic. Dragic and picks for Noel if Whiteside if leaves Miami. Gives Pat Riley a young center to build around. Dragic hasn't exactly set the world on fire down there in Miami. Clearly capable of more on a different team away from D-Wade where Dragic can have the ball in his hands more often.

Ricky Rubio. Not sure how much Colangelo likes PGs who can't shoot.
Kemba Walker perhaps.

Maybe Colangelo goes after D'Angelo Russell. LAL would want a big ask for him though. Much more than Noel by his lonesome. Maybe Saric, Noel and a future first. That could be an interesting offer for LA. Give the keys to Jordan Clarkson. Saric and Randle at PF. Noel at C. Ingram at SF. Sound young talent to give the team a foundation for next 10 years. Put big name FAs around them and you have something promising.