Author Topic: The offseason cant come soon enough  (Read 3667 times)

Re: The offseason cant come soon enough
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2016, 03:11:55 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
I was a real fan once. Summer of 97 if memory serves correct. It was a glorious time. The weather was perfect, the food tasted better, and the women, well... I'll stop there. Many summers have come and gone since that time, none quite the same. Alas, I will always have my memories of my all too brief time as a real fan.

Y'know, Plato argued that each of us carries a representation of the pure, ideal form of true fan in our psyches and that every fan we encounter, including ourselves, is simply a flawed copy of that perfect template. 

But Plato never watched  the BOSTON CELTICS play, baby!!!   8) 8) :police:  8)  8) 

..I don't know where I'm going with this.
simply bringing plato into a conversation here is enough in and of itself. a tp for you.  :)
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

Re: The offseason cant come soon enough
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2016, 05:08:07 PM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 123
Guys its OK. I don't get buthurt over sports issues involving me being a (true fan) I know I am. The post was kind of baited for a negative response and I do apologise for that. I was just frustrated at the time and wanted to vent. I wish the team to go all the way. No reason to take anything personal. We r lucky to have such a good team to watch. Go Celtics...

Yeah, I was just venting too. Nothing personal. I've just gotten annoyed at lots of comments over the years, comments about how we shouldn't try to win and it's only about getting top picks. I get the feeling that a lot of people don't watch the games but still post on here and kind of clutter it up. And I put that all on you after a post clearly made out of frustration after scoring 7 points for a whole quarter. I def was conflating things. My bad.