Author Topic: the OKC game showed we are great defensively  (Read 3336 times)

Re: the OKC game showed we are great defensively
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2013, 08:07:19 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
You thought Rondo was back, Coach Bo?

Are you aware we had a zillion TO's?   With RR we'd won this game.

Whatever you say.

;D

I'm sure Westbrook wishes he was back.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2013, 08:14:09 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

I feel the same way.

Watching how we played hero ball down the stretch and didn't have anyone attacking the rim and making plays really showed us missing Rondo.

Whatever you say.

;D

I'm sure Westbrook wishes he was back.

So he could still be guarded by Avery?
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2013, 08:42:34 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Defense was solid all day.

Ball quit moving in the fourth quarter - for a moment, I thought Rondo was back - and that's the genesis of the offensive problems.

We are not a great offensive team, and if the ball isn't on the move finding shots on its own we're going to have trouble scoring.

One game, not going to get overwrought about it. Every team has bad offensive nights.

Awesome Rondo hyperbole. The problems with our bad offensive nights are that they crop up almost every time we play a team with a good defense, like the Bulls and Pacers games.

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2013, 08:59:58 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
My thoughts after the game, "At least the defense was great". We contained Durant and held Westbrook to a pretty terrible game. Ibaka was a non factor. I honestly think Fisher gave them the biggest swing of momentum with that six point stretch of his.

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2013, 09:03:52 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I think they also lost because Doc had them forcing it to KG when Perk had him too well covered.
It would also help if Garnett could get a foul. Or if Ibaka was actually allowed to foul out.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2013, 09:04:22 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Defense was solid all day.

Ball quit moving in the fourth quarter - for a moment, I thought Rondo was back - and that's the genesis of the offensive problems.

We are not a great offensive team, and if the ball isn't on the move finding shots on its own we're going to have trouble scoring.

One game, not going to get overwrought about it. Every team has bad offensive nights.

Awesome Rondo hyperbole. The problems with our bad offensive nights are that they crop up almost every time we play a team with a good defense, like the Bulls and Pacers games.

Exactly.

No play making.  Ball movement is all well and good but we don't have anyone to make a play.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2013, 10:30:50 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
lowest OKC score in 25 games.
we lost because of everyone missing everything

crazy chart. 13 for 31 in the paint? Wow thats ridiculous.

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2013, 10:34:09 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I think they also lost because Doc had them forcing it to KG when Perk had him too well covered.
It would also help if Garnett could get a foul. Or if Ibaka was actually allowed to foul out.
Yeah I was shocked KG didn't get to the line a few times when he was in the paint and getting mugged.

Oh well I can't say it'd have changed the end result or that I'm unhappy with the C's overall effort.

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2013, 10:43:43 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Tonight the guards didn't step up.  Simple as that.

Nor did KG. The guy doesn't take 19 shots when he's shooting well, so I don't know what he was thinking taking that many when he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2013, 10:47:12 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Nor did KG. The guy doesn't take 19 shots when he's shooting well, so I don't know what he was thinking taking that many when he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.
The rest of the team wasn't generating much offense, so they tried to get KG going.

If you'll notice first he took 4-5 jumpers that didnt' go, then after that they got him paint touches both off of dribble penetration and post ups.

Doc was calling a lot of plays for KG because the rest of the team's offense was being stiffled as well.

« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2013, 10:51:55 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones

Yeah I didnt get the forcing the ball into KG for fadeaways against lengthy and bullying defenders. Pierce had a hot hand and they would go to him when the brought him back in in the 4th. I couldnt figure it out.

« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2013, 11:10:19 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

KG's been bailing the team out in the half court offense for a while. He's hit quite a few shots in the last few seconds of the shot clock lately. No surprise they were looking to him when they were struggling to score.

« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2013, 11:41:19 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134

Yeah KG really cost us that game.

« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2013, 12:42:33 PM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
yea i think there was a lot of mental frustration with Jeff, though I didn't mind his aggression. quite simply..like 4 or 5 of his layups just didn't go in.

KG was being FORCE FED when he missed like 5 in a row. I don't understand why we don't run a real play instead of posting up KG. I almost never enjoy KG post ups in his old age. I'm also not sure why Doc doesn't say, stop passing to Kevin. I mean...jesus.

I thought the rest of the bench did ok. JET tried. I mean really, it's not like they stuck their tails in between their legs and rolled over. You can't tell me that after those 2 3s from JET, they weren't nervous. It was just too little too later.

Had Jeff relaxed more, I think we would've won. I think Jeff tried to hard, which can affect everyone. He wanted it way too bad.