Author Topic: what we REALLY need to happen in this round  (Read 4539 times)

what we REALLY need to happen in this round
« on: May 12, 2012, 12:37:04 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 364
is for Brandon Bass and Mikael Pietrus to return to their regular season forms.

both were basically non-existant during this series and im not sure why...but if Pietrus can give us a couple 3's off the bench each game/bass can give us his 12ppg/7rpb I think it will make it alot easier for our team

Re: what we REALLY need to happen in this round
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 01:31:31 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
Doc needs to not be Doc. In other words Doc needs to find some way to match up with the Sixers speed and youth. This is where not having Jeff Green is a bummer. Too bad JjJ is in the dog house, we need his speed and athleticism.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 03:57:17 PM by gar »

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2012, 01:53:37 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Doc needs to not be Doc. In other words Doc needs to find some way to math up with the Sixers speed and youth. This is where not having Jeff Green is a bummer. Too bad JjJ is in the dog house, we need his speed and athleticism.
And I'm sure his terrible rebounding and poor man to man and awful help defense would also really contribute.

Playing bad players to counter a speed disadvantage isn't a game plan I want to see tonight.

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2012, 02:05:57 PM »

Offline WBrownTrophy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Thanks Red
is for Brandon Bass and Mikael Pietrus to return to their regular season forms.

both were basically non-existant during this series and im not sure why...but if Pietrus can give us a couple 3's off the bench each game/bass can give us his 12ppg/7rpb I think it will make it alot easier for our team

Was thinking the same thing...Tommy Point
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology."
                                   -Red Auerbach

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2012, 02:14:14 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Pietrus I'm not sure will improve his one board and dunk gives me some hope.

If Bass can't handle Brand better... Its going to be tough.

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2012, 02:57:36 PM »

Offline RajonRondo9Dime

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 9
Doc needs to not be Doc. In other words Doc needs to find some way to math up with the Sixers speed and youth. This is where not having Jeff Green is a bummer. Too bad JjJ is in the dog house, we need his speed and athleticism.

JJ is in the "doghouse" because he's a long way from being an NBA player......

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2012, 03:13:21 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
sometimes I think Pietrus is still a little bothered by post-concussion symptoms. Thats just my guess his reflexes seem to be a little off at times and I think it affects his shots.

Bass no clue but I'd love to see those numbers, we could really use it

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2012, 03:22:43 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
It would be nice to see a big game from Avery Bradley, but I don't think we'll be seeing one.  He'll be matched up with Evan Turner for this series and Turner has 5 inches on him.

Hate to say it, but Bradley might qualify for my much talked about "11 Game Rule"... where a seemingly unknonw young player (Flip Murray, Brandon Jennings, DaJuan Wagner, Jeremy Lin) is able to "shock the world" for exactly 11 games before tailing off. 

Bradley officially gained the starting position from Ray Allen on 4/5 against Chicago.  He then rattled of the next 11 games: 9 points, 4 points, 18 points, 11 points, 7 points, 15 points, 18 points, 22 points, 17 points, 23 points, 28 points.   Averaged 16 points during the stretch, but mOre impressively he shot 55% during that stretch and a ridiculous 69% from three.

Game 12:  he was 2-10.  0-1 from three. 

In the 8 games since his 11 game stretch...  he's averaged 8 points on 36% shooting.  He's 3-17 from three point land (18%).  I might need to post a thread about this 11 game rule.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 03:36:45 PM by LarBrd33 »

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2012, 04:03:39 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 364
bradleys stretch went on for alot longer than 11 games...it only tailed off once we reached the playoffs(even though 2 of those games were double digits in points)

but im not sure how much of that is him being nervous as its his first playoff run, or his injury, or just going back to the norm.

either way, we are going to need guys to step up and take the pressure off our "big 3"...it would be nice to see Pietrus hit a couple 3's tonight..hes never been a stranger to big moments in the playoffs

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2012, 06:42:28 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
It would be nice to see a big game from Avery Bradley, but I don't think we'll be seeing one.  He'll be matched up with Evan Turner for this series and Turner has 5 inches on him.

Hate to say it, but Bradley might qualify for my much talked about "11 Game Rule"... where a seemingly unknonw young player (Flip Murray, Brandon Jennings, DaJuan Wagner, Jeremy Lin) is able to "shock the world" for exactly 11 games before tailing off. 

Bradley officially gained the starting position from Ray Allen on 4/5 against Chicago.  He then rattled of the next 11 games: 9 points, 4 points, 18 points, 11 points, 7 points, 15 points, 18 points, 22 points, 17 points, 23 points, 28 points.   Averaged 16 points during the stretch, but mOre impressively he shot 55% during that stretch and a ridiculous 69% from three.

In the 8 games since his 11 game stretch...  he's averaged 8 points on 36% shooting.  He's 3-17 from three point land (18%).  I might need to post a thread about this 11 game rule.
Choosing endpoints is fun!

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2012, 11:31:24 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404

His defense is still excellent.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2012, 12:06:35 AM »

Offline bruinsandceltics

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 130
  • ANYTHING is posssiiibbbbllee
We need a sweep. Let these old guys get some rest.

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2012, 12:16:33 AM »

Offline Senninsage

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 112
Yea, I want a sweep, too, and the Celtics can definitely pull it off. Without a doubt, they can do it.

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2012, 12:34:09 AM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
best scenario: sweep the sixers, and pacers take the heat to 7, or 6.

maximize rest.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 01:04:14 AM by lightspeed5 »

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2012, 12:45:49 AM »

Offline Senninsage

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 112
I actually thought Pietrus' shots tonight were fantastic. Those were both practically in. They just rolled out in very cruel fashion. It looks to me like Pietrus, based on this game, is back to where we want him to be.

I say this based on the fact that his three point attempts were finally good looking ones, which hasn't always been the case lately.