Author Topic: What will be the rotation and minutes break-up?  (Read 1652 times)

What will be the rotation and minutes break-up?
« on: September 21, 2010, 06:30:07 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
     We seem to have some players with around the same skill level at the guard/wing position. How do you guys and gals think it will breakdown in the first and second halves of the season? I realize there are plenty of "what ifs" with things like Kendrick's health and youth, but I'd love to hear some different predictions.

Re: What will be the rotation and minutes break-up?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 07:16:17 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
I think danny is still looking for pieces.  Don't be surprised to see him give some guys ample time to increase trade value.  DWest is out for first 10 games so guard time will be given to nate, von wafer and probably Bradley.  I think if nate doesn't show "a heady" game and jacks shots to quickly he will be traded. 

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 07:22:01 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
The only sure bet re: Doc's rotations is that they'll drive me absolutely crazy during the regular season...

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 08:24:42 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
I think there's a thread about this already...might be buried though. 

Still, I think Doc goes with a full second unit, and for the first time since he's been here, I approve.  We need to rest the starters so we might as well give 5 backups PT.  I see it like this:

C - JO 27 / Shaq 21
PF - KG 28 /BBD 20
SF - PP 32 / Marquis 16
SG - RA 32 / Delonte 16
PG - Rondo 35 /  Nate 13

We might see PP and Ray play 1 or 2 fewer minutes per game; however, Doc's had a hard enough resisting playing them 36+ mpg the past few years, I don't see him changing that much.  Plus, with a better second unit, if PP or Ray find themselves on the court with bench players, unlike others years, they won't find themselves having to do it all.  That in itself should save on the wear and tear a great deal. 

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 10:06:25 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
Don't want any of the starters playing more than 30 min. Rondo's effectiveness was clearly limited by fatigue and the need take plays off in order to pace himself for playing such big minutes.

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2010, 10:10:10 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
The only sure bet re: Doc's rotations is that they'll drive me absolutely crazy during the regular season...

TP: That is for sure. Who knows if Lawrence Frank will be able to get it down to a more reasonable mix. Doc may be trying to shake up the other coach; but more often than not ends up making Fans pull their hair out.