Author Topic: What We Need To Do!  (Read 1148 times)

What We Need To Do!
« on: December 31, 2009, 09:23:50 AM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
We need to get into a deal with T-Mac wherever he is going jump in as a third team and steal some bench talent away from someone. Or somehow get someone really good from another team with giving up our garbage. I think ainge has his eyes open and notices that this is maybe what he might now want going into the playoffs with Tony playing out of control like all of us wished he didn't and Scal being Scal. I think that could possibly be the best way the Celtics can acquire talent at the cheapest rate because teams are going to want some expiring contracts. So what do you guys think of that idea.

Re: What We Need To Do!
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 09:31:24 AM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
I think we could use a trade.  Doc clearly has no confidence in the youngsters.  We can't make it through the season with essentially a 12 man roster.  Not when 5 guys are banged up or out.
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 09:47:02 AM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
I think we could use a trade.  Doc clearly has no confidence in the youngsters.  We can't make it through the season with essentially a 12 man roster.  Not when 5 guys are banged up or out.
That statement about Doc's lack of confidence in the young guys is an understatement.

Question is, why does he trust TA so much?  If I have to watch TA not give the ball up to Rondo on a break again only to end up committing an offensive foul or a TO, I'm going to smash something.

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 10:04:06 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 658
  • MASTER OF PANIC
1. young guys cant get time even when massive injuries hit.
2. daniels is still out another 2 months...he was the back up everything off the bench
3. no lock KG and PP stay healthy...we could be right back here soon
4. Rondo's hamstring is a bigbig concern for Doc...and without a LEGIT #2 PG...they are screwed if he missed any time

it is time to trade the deadweight on this team I.E. scal, giddens, walker even TA for a guy that WILL CONTRIBUTE in time of injury and health. the bench even 100 percent health could use one more upgrade and a purging of the noncontributors....and really...walker and giddens are not the answer nor ever will be for this team.

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2009, 10:21:40 AM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
Get Pierce, Garnett, and Daniels back?  Because that's about it.