Author Topic: The Old Tony Allen> ?  (Read 3216 times)

The Old Tony Allen> ?
« on: October 09, 2008, 09:20:31 AM »

Offline RonJohn

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 7
I glimpsed the Salmon and Mash Potatos Tony Allen last night i.e. slashing to the hoop, physical defense, and just explosiveness. Can he keep it up? Will he stay within himself.. i.e. not try to do too much, just slash to the hoop, play d and get to the FT line. God, I hope so.

Re: The Old Tony Allen> ?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 09:57:11 AM »

Offline acieEarl

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 47
It's been a while since I've seen Tony move like that. Didn't see any of that last year. He didn't look terrible at point either. He may never have the B-ball IQ of a Posey but I think he be a solid contributer this year and finally looks healthy.

My question is who do we cut? D Miles looked decent, Pruitt looked good. Can we just force Cassell to retire and hire him as an assistant? Wouldn't hurt my feelings to see Scal get cut but I don't see that happening with the money they pay him.

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 01:19:55 PM »

Offline RonJohn

• Joe Mazzulla
As of now, I think Cassel has to be cut unless there is a deal in the works. A 2 for 1. You keep Scal as a trading/salary matcher.

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2008, 01:23:42 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
As of now, I think Cassel has to be cut unless there is a deal in the works. A 2 for 1. You keep Scal as a trading/salary matcher.

cassell will not be cut. he just got a gurnteed contract with an option (supposedly) to join the coaching staff next year. you don't give a guy that then cut him 3 weeks later. he's on the team.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2008, 01:32:28 PM »

Offline RonJohn

• Joe Mazzulla
He must have incriminating photos of Doc and Danny or something.

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2008, 07:05:24 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
The old Tony is almost back.  That drive at the end of the game when he got a layup he would have slammed home a couple years ago. 

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2008, 07:27:08 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I don't know how much the "old Tony Allen" ever really left.  I think it was much more that he was asked to play a role he was less comfortable with.  Put him in a situation like last night where he gets to play major minutes, and given the green light offensively, and he always seems to come back to life (and they often lose the game).  Wake me when he shows that he can play a consistent role on a championship level team.

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2008, 09:26:14 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I don't know how much the "old Tony Allen" ever really left.  I think it was much more that he was asked to play a role he was less comfortable with.  Put him in a situation like last night where he gets to play major minutes, and given the green light offensively, and he always seems to come back to life (and they often lose the game).  Wake me when he shows that he can play a consistent role on a championship level team.