Author Topic: Sox are all I can hope for now..  (Read 3934 times)

Sox are all I can hope for now..
« on: June 24, 2013, 11:19:44 PM »

Offline Mizzy21390

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 16
Seriously, guys, I don't know what to look forward to. The C's are imploding, we don't even have a coach yet... The '13-'14 NBA season doesn't look too promising.

Not sure about the Pats with Welker gone.. Aaron Hernandez drama, new players, etc.

The Bruins just choked a game 6 that they were about to win, and force to game 7 in 76 seconds.

I am typically optimistic, but its so heart wrenching.. Seeing all the stuff going on the Boston sports, is just taking the confidence out of me.

The Sox are first place, although its waaay to early since its not even All Star break yet.. but let's hope they can redeem our city in terms of sports this year with a WS win. :)

Please send your positivity over here, so I can have some optimism..
Yeeeaaaa!!!

Re: Sox are all I can hope for now..
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 11:23:07 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
I wish I could add some optimism but I don't even know how I feel about the Sox with this bullpen. I'm just gonna hope for the best, they are in first still.

I'm really unhappy about these Bs right now...

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 11:26:35 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
By "hope for" I assume you mean "hope they make the playoffs."

Not sure what else we can realistically expect from the Sox.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 11:28:12 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Not that big of an MLB or NHL follower

But it was tough hearing the Bruins losing. I even went on their blog page. So. Much. Depression.

Go Patriots, too?!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 11:28:39 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Seriously, guys, I don't know what to look forward to. The C's are imploding, we don't even have a coach yet... The '13-'14 NBA season doesn't look too promising.

Not sure about the Pats with Welker gone.. Aaron Hernandez drama, new players, etc.

The Bruins just choked a game 6 that they were about to win, and force to game 7 in 76 seconds.

I am typically optimistic, but its so heart wrenching.. Seeing all the stuff going on the Boston sports, is just taking the confidence out of me.

The Sox are first place, although its waaay to early since its not even All Star break yet.. but let's hope they can redeem our city in terms of sports this year with a WS win. :)

We Boston fans (certainly myself) have gotten spoiled over the last decade-plus, but I nevertheless understand what you're saying and feel the same way.

* The Patriots offense has been anemic in their last two Super Bowls, as well last season in the playoffs, and now they're all a jumble with Gronk's injuries, Welker's departure, Hernandez's legal trouble, and all sorts of new, young players.

* The Cs could've won two or three titles if it weren't for injuries, and now they likely won't be highly competitive for at least a couple seasons.

* The Bruins just pulled one of the biggest choke jobs in sports history.

* Oh yeah, and the Heat won again.

But, at least, even with their bad playoff performances, Boston teams have at least consistently MADE the playoffs and usually advanced deep, and none of the four teams looks like they'll be the Charlotte Bobcats anytime soon, so that's good.  ;D
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 12:00:21 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

We Boston fans (certainly myself) have gotten spoiled over the last decade-plus, but I nevertheless understand what you're saying and feel the same way.

* The Patriots offense has been anemic in their last two Super Bowls, as well last season in the playoffs, and now they're all a jumble with Gronk's injuries, Welker's departure, Hernandez's legal trouble, and all sorts of new, young players.

* The Cs could've won two or three titles if it weren't for injuries, and now they likely won't be highly competitive for at least a couple seasons.

* The Bruins just pulled one of the biggest choke jobs in sports history.

* Oh yeah, and the Heat won again.

But, at least, even with their bad playoff performances, Boston teams have at least consistently MADE the playoffs and usually advanced deep, and none of the four teams looks like they'll be the Charlotte Bobcats anytime soon, so that's good.  ;D
Comparing to the Bobcats is a really low bar considering how bad they have been. There is a lot of room above them but still in the bad category.

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2013, 11:56:02 PM »

Offline Mizzy21390

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 16
Well... it just got worse... I dont know if I can deal... Just keep piling them on... :(
Yeeeaaaa!!!