Author Topic: Celtics (46-12) at Clippers (14-43) 2/25  (Read 88631 times)

Re: Celtics (46-12) at Clippers (14-43) 2/25
« Reply #420 on: February 26, 2009, 01:53:10 AM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
boston needs to figure out a way to win in cleveland because they are going to have to get one there...not too concerned about not having home court i the nba finals b/c of the 2-3-2 format...i don't really worry about the second round match up with the magic if they are a 2 seed......but the turnovers are just too high this late in the season
We couldn't do it last season,playing our best,do you think we can do it this season,when Cleveland is much better and we are worse....???? NO...[dang]...

how the hell are we worse?
I'd say mentally we're worse, Cleveland wants to dismember us in the playoffs for last years game 7. LBJ seems hungrier this year and so does his team. We're having trouble matching teams in the "mental" category. I STILL know we can beat them though, but they need to play HARD to win those games.

How is it possible you win a championship and become a mentally weaker team? not buying that

ugh, I need to go to bed
I'm basically saying the Cavs are hungrier then us and so are the lakers. A quote from rocky 3 also kicks the back of my mind "The worst thing that can happen to a fighter is he becomes civilized" Last years hunger for a title does not match this years im afraid.

How so? same record going into tonights game as last year, tougher schedule, more injuries...im still not buying it
there may not be as much urgency every single night in the regular season, I believe the spurs won 4 titles that way
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #421 on: February 26, 2009, 01:55:40 AM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
boston needs to figure out a way to win in cleveland because they are going to have to get one there...not too concerned about not having home court i the nba finals b/c of the 2-3-2 format...i don't really worry about the second round match up with the magic if they are a 2 seed......but the turnovers are just too high this late in the season
We couldn't do it last season,playing our best,do you think we can do it this season,when Cleveland is much better and we are worse....???? NO...[dang]...

how the hell are we worse?
I'd say mentally we're worse, Cleveland wants to dismember us in the playoffs for last years game 7. LBJ seems hungrier this year and so does his team. We're having trouble matching teams in the "mental" category. I STILL know we can beat them though, but they need to play HARD to win those games.

How is it possible you win a championship and become a mentally weaker team? not buying that

ugh, I need to go to bed
I'm basically saying the Cavs are hungrier then us and so are the lakers. A quote from rocky 3 also kicks the back of my mind "The worst thing that can happen to a fighter is he becomes civilized" Last years hunger for a title does not match this years im afraid.

How so? same record going into tonights game as last year, tougher schedule, more injuries...im still not buying it
there may not be as much urgency every single night in the regular season, I believe the spurs won 4 titles that way
Thanks for saying what I've been hoping.  If we win when it counts like the Spurs, while frustrating, I'll take it however I can get it (# 18).

« Reply #422 on: February 26, 2009, 02:20:34 AM »

Offline WayneKreklow

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 9
Notes from the game:

First off, thanks to Mike here on Celticsblog, a member who works for the Clippers ticket office and the guy who bumped me up to Row B, courtside. I got to see a different game than I normally do on television.

- This was one physical game, with the Clips just beating on the Celts the whole time.
- Clips definitely got in the Celts head. Mardi Collins took Pierce off his game, Randolph the same with Perk.
- Rondo never seemed into the game, like he was sleep walking. The last play of the game, where he ran out of bounds with the ball, he was a few feet away from me and had his head down the entire time.
- Mikki Moore brought some nice energy and worked hard. I was unsure of his signing, but liked the way he gave effort.
- Big Baby is really hitting his shot with confidence, no more hesitating when taking it.
- Clips had no problem getting inside and driving the lane.
- Zach Randolph loves to shoot. Seriously.

My favorite moment of the night -- after Randolph airballed a shot for a 24-second violation, Camby ran up the court loudly complaining about Randolph, to the point where Baron Davis had to yell at him to get forget about him and get back into the game. Camby had the same face and reaction we've all had when playing with a ballhog down at the Y. Classic.

« Reply #423 on: February 26, 2009, 04:27:44 AM »

Offline Greenwood

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 5
Notes from the game:

First off, thanks to Mike here on Celticsblog, a member who works for the Clippers ticket office and the guy who bumped me up to Row B, courtside. I got to see a different game than I normally do on television.

- This was one physical game, with the Clips just beating on the Celts the whole time.
- Clips definitely got in the Celts head. Mardi Collins took Pierce off his game, Randolph the same with Perk.
- Rondo never seemed into the game, like he was sleep walking. The last play of the game, where he ran out of bounds with the ball, he was a few feet away from me and had his head down the entire time.
- Mikki Moore brought some nice energy and worked hard. I was unsure of his signing, but liked the way he gave effort.
- Big Baby is really hitting his shot with confidence, no more hesitating when taking it.
- Clips had no problem getting inside and driving the lane.
- Zach Randolph loves to shoot. Seriously.

My favorite moment of the night -- after Randolph airballed a shot for a 24-second violation, Camby ran up the court loudly complaining about Randolph, to the point where Baron Davis had to yell at him to get forget about him and get back into the game. Camby had the same face and reaction we've all had when playing with a ballhog down at the Y. Classic.

Thanks Rick for the kind words. 

This game was a disappointment but we have to remember that we were without kg, on a getaway game and having a first day player put in serious minutes....It is not the end of the world. We will be ok. 

« Reply #424 on: February 26, 2009, 08:33:03 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Wow!  I just got the result.  Second game on this trip that I went to bed at halftime pretty confident in a W.  As bad as they looked I still figured they'd find a way against the Clips.

Come on home boys.  4-2 is a decent trip with all that happened.
Yup

« Reply #425 on: February 26, 2009, 08:45:25 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Wow!  I just got the result.  Second game on this trip that I went to bed at halftime pretty confident in a W.  As bad as they looked I still figured they'd find a way against the Clips.

Come on home boys.  4-2 is a decent trip with all that happened.
The worst part was how we opened up a 9 point lead to start the fourth looking like we were going to take over.

« Reply #426 on: February 27, 2009, 10:52:43 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Sac Kings are destroying the clips. Not good for the C's