Author Topic: Celtics (5-10) at Bobcats (7-7) Game #16 11/25  (Read 30803 times)

Re: Celtics (5-10) at Bobcats (7-7) Game #16 11/25
« Reply #135 on: November 26, 2013, 06:51:00 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
Another empty win. Even Milwaukee got the memo this year. Pick #11 here we come, weeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I am really sorry, all the anti-tankers, I love C's but I can't get excited about useless wins when the goal should be to get TOP5 pick. And please don't use winning culture excuse, because 2 years from now at least 10 of these players will be gone.

/rant
+1
beat the bobcats means nothing
we should keep the wins for the heat/spur/pacers
BS should put AB back to help us lose

« Reply #136 on: November 26, 2013, 08:31:29 AM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 92
Wow, ten page game thread and dwindling. we need better fan support!!!
FlCeltsFan putting a lot of work into these gameday threads and I smell two more wins coming up, maybe more!!!

« Reply #137 on: November 26, 2013, 08:38:30 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Other than being completely out talented at Houston ,   The C's have made a nice competitive season against most teams .

Still long as Rondo sits out , a lot of losses are coming our way.

« Reply #138 on: November 26, 2013, 04:41:04 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1557
Wow, ten page game thread and dwindling. we need better fan support!!!
FlCeltsFan putting a lot of work into these gameday threads and I smell two more wins coming up, maybe more!!!

yep. pretty sad huh? THIS TEAM NEEDS SUPPORT!!!oh well, I'm not judging anyone's fandom but it is obvious some have mailed it in this year.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #139 on: November 26, 2013, 05:02:39 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Just got back from the game.  What an experience.  Great seats and got to watch Rondo shoot for about an hour.  His stroke looks great and he looks great!!!!  I was about 5 to 7 feet from him with my son for quite a while.  My son got his autograph:-))))))))))))))  He only signed about 2 or 3 down the line.  We also got Jordan Crawford, Walter McCarty, and GWall.

A few takeaways:  Steve Clifford is really an idiot.  Kemba was ON FIRE and he kept him out for an extended period as Ramon Sessions was simply stinking up the floor.  Also, why are they paying Big Al over 13 million to NOT get him the ball consistently.  We had NO ONE that could stop him.

Great team win for us!!!

Smitty77

TP for the feedback, and stoked to hear you guys enjoyed it.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #140 on: November 26, 2013, 06:36:44 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Just got back from the game.  What an experience.  Great seats and got to watch Rondo shoot for about an hour.  His stroke looks great and he looks great!!!!  I was about 5 to 7 feet from him with my son for quite a while.  My son got his autograph:-))))))))))))))  He only signed about 2 or 3 down the line.  We also got Jordan Crawford, Walter McCarty, and GWall.

A few takeaways:  Steve Clifford is really an idiot.  Kemba was ON FIRE and he kept him out for an extended period as Ramon Sessions was simply stinking up the floor.  Also, why are they paying Big Al over 13 million to NOT get him the ball consistently.  We had NO ONE that could stop him.

Great team win for us!!!

Smitty77

TP for the feedback, and stoked to hear you guys enjoyed it.
Thanks D.o.s.!!:-))  It really was amazing.  It was funny to see a hoard of 16-year old looking girls going ga ga over Kris Humphries out shooting too:-)))

Smitty77

« Reply #141 on: November 26, 2013, 08:19:02 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
What a pathetic game. Jump shot after jump shot.
Just crappy basketball in general. We have a lot of problems to fix.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #142 on: November 27, 2013, 01:59:59 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Another empty win. Even Milwaukee got the memo this year. Pick #11 here we come, weeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I am really sorry, all the anti-tankers, I love C's but I can't get excited about useless wins when the goal should be to get TOP5 pick. And please don't use winning culture excuse, because 2 years from now at least 10 of these players will be gone.

/rant
Tankers live in a fantasy world where we lose a lot and then automatically get one of those top-3 players. That is simply not necessarily the case, witness the 2007 draft.  I will never forget the stone-cold disappointment on Tommy Heinsohn's face when the number 5 went to the C's. It is also a fantasy to think that the players or the coach would EVER play to lose.  What do they get out of that? Act like a loser and you ARE a loser and you will be labeled a loser too.  Beyond that, there is no guarantee that any of the top players will actually pan out to be stars, much less superstars.

So, here is my "tanking" theory.  The only one who might MIGHT be tanking is Danny Ainge, nobody else in that organization. Even then he will never admit it and to discuss it is kind of futile because the real answer will never be known.

One more thing: It makes no sense whatsoever to root for your favorite team to lose. I certainly can't do it.

« Reply #143 on: November 27, 2013, 02:30:56 PM »

Offline henr1k

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 58

/rant
Tankers live in a fantasy world where we lose a lot and then automatically get one of those top-3 players. That is simply not necessarily the case, witness the 2007 draft.  I will never forget the stone-cold disappointment on Tommy Heinsohn's face when the number 5 went to the C's. It is also a fantasy to think that the players or the coach would EVER play to lose.  What do they get out of that? Act like a loser and you ARE a loser and you will be labeled a loser too.  Beyond that, there is no guarantee that any of the top players will actually pan out to be stars, much less superstars.

Of course there aren't guarantees, but look at the percentages of getting an all-star type player picking in the TOP5 and picking in late lottery. Numbers don't lie, high lottery pick is a great asset and rebuilding teams need those kind of assets.

This draft has 5-6 guys (Wiggins, Randle, Parker, Smart, Exum, Gordon) that are projected to be really really good, it's not a 1 or 2 player draft like 2007 was.

Actually, you just made a point to tank by mentioning 2007 draft. Even though C's missed the Odom/Durant lottery, that 5th pick got us Ray Allen, which then lead to KG accepting a trade to Boston, which lead to number 17.

Imagine if Kevin Love, Noah, Aldridge, Horford or any other all star type player becomes available this summer for various reasons. High draft pick is exactly what their teams will be looking for in return.

And please spare me 'if you play to lose you will become a loser' child talk. Rondo lost a bunch of games his first season here, Durant lost a bunch of games in his rookie year - are those guys losers? Of course not.

You need talent to win, and if you are not NY or LA easiest way to get top tier talent is high draft pick which you can use to trade for an all star or draft one.

Again, no guarantees in doing that, but going 35-47 is a guarantee for mediocrity.

Peace

« Reply #144 on: November 27, 2013, 02:42:25 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
FWIW, that #5 pick lead to us winning a championship.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #145 on: November 27, 2013, 03:27:36 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

/rant

Of course there aren't guarantees, but look at the percentages of getting an all-star type player picking in the TOP5 and picking in late lottery. Numbers don't lie, high lottery pick is a great asset and rebuilding teams need those kind of assets.

This draft has 5-6 guys (Wiggins, Randle, Parker, Smart, Exum, Gordon) that are projected to be really really good, it's not a 1 or 2 player draft like 2007 was.

Actually, you just made a point to tank by mentioning 2007 draft. Even though C's missed the Odom/Durant lottery, that 5th pick got us Ray Allen, which then lead to KG accepting a trade to Boston, which lead to number 17.

Imagine if Kevin Love, Noah, Aldridge, Horford or any other all star type player becomes available this summer for various reasons. High draft pick is exactly what their teams will be looking for in return.

And please spare me 'if you play to lose you will become a loser' child talk. Rondo lost a bunch of games his first season here, Durant lost a bunch of games in his rookie year - are those guys losers? Of course not.

You need talent to win, and if you are not NY or LA easiest way to get top tier talent is high draft pick which you can use to trade for an all star or draft one.

Again, no guarantees in doing that, but going 35-47 is a guarantee for mediocrity.

Peace
I don't disagree that a lottery draft pick is better than a non-lottery draft pick, that is just common sense. All I am saying is that rooting for losses is kind of pointless as well as defeats the purpose of being a fan for that team. That's just me.

I must say, however, that your example of Rondo and Durant losing their their early years is not relevant.  They do not TRY TO LOSE. They just lost due to being on bad teams.  That is totally different and invalidates your point.  A winning culture is not "child"s talk" by any means, but likely the prevailing sentiment if you ask 32 coaches and 32 GM's in this league.