Author Topic: Rodney Hood on trade block  (Read 4673 times)

Re: Rodney Hood on trade block
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2018, 10:03:50 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Kyrie/hood/hayward/tatum/horford with brown being the energy 6th man of the year

There is no way that Hood would send Brown to the bench.

Off-topic-
You have 959 TP's in just 1216 posts... HMMMM....

I think brown/hood is debatable who starts. I really like brown but we need more pts and better ft%. They are very similar in every dept with hood scoring 2pts more in 3 less mins this year and shooting over 80% FT while jaylen is like 50 something. I think they would both be great starting or coming from the bench!

As far as my TPs go.....I mostly post and play in PAPOUG which u should play sometime. We could use some new players! Besides PAPOUG i enjoy making up trade ideas. So yes not a ton of posts and many TPs come from PAPOUG......which u should play  ;D

What is Papoug?

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2018, 10:05:28 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Based on the makeup of Hood’s contract, I’m pretty sure the Celtics could just absorb his deal with the injury exemption granted in the Hayward aftermath.

Negative. He's got a qualifying offer for next year. Any player we trade for with the DPE has to be straight up expiring, no options or QO's.

I just don't think we'd pay to keep him and Smart around long-term, so moving a 1st might be a bit shortsighted.
I'd guess it would be one or the other, but it does give Boston more options next year while improving the team thus year.  I mean every one seems to think the East is winnable yet no one wants to trade a late 1st for a rental.  It justbdiesnt make any sense

I think Danny would trade a 1st for the right deal, but he's going to be prudent about it. Luxury tax is going to be an issue for us down the line and that repeater tax is harsh, so I think Wyc and Co. are gonna toe the line as long as possible.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2018, 10:50:29 AM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
Kyrie/hood/hayward/tatum/horford with brown being the energy 6th man of the year

There is no way that Hood would send Brown to the bench.

Off-topic-
You have 959 TP's in just 1216 posts... HMMMM....

I think brown/hood is debatable who starts. I really like brown but we need more pts and better ft%. They are very similar in every dept with hood scoring 2pts more in 3 less mins this year and shooting over 80% FT while jaylen is like 50 something. I think they would both be great starting or coming from the bench!

As far as my TPs go.....I mostly post and play in PAPOUG which u should play sometime. We could use some new players! Besides PAPOUG i enjoy making up trade ideas. So yes not a ton of posts and many TPs come from PAPOUG......which u should play  ;D

What is Papoug?
Pick a player over under game. Basically u pick a player u think will beat their avg points for this year. Person who picks the player that does best wins

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=24324.0

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2018, 11:32:24 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
He makes a lot of sense for Cleveland. Lol

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2018, 11:54:07 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
except he doesn't really make much sense for the Cavs as he is an offensive player.  and frankly your trolling is getting excessive
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2018, 12:23:16 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
except he doesn't really make much sense for the Cavs as he is an offensive player.  and frankly your trolling is getting excessive

Why is he not a good fit on the cavs? He can create his own shot pretty good and could replace what jr smith gave them before he declined. Maybe you are thinking he is redundant with Wade? How is this trolling?

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2018, 12:25:30 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Why is he not a good fit on the cavs? He can create his own shot pretty good and could replace what jr smith gave them before he declined. Maybe you are thinking he is redundant with Wade? How is this trolling?

The Cavs do not need more offense first players. They need better defensive players. Hood isn't a sieve, but he wouldn't make them any better on defense either.

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2018, 12:28:48 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

The Cavs do not need more offense first players. They need better defensive players. Hood isn't a sieve, but he wouldn't make them any better on defense either.

I don't necessarily disagree, but I will admit not being an expert on how good or bad hood is defensively. That being said, is kemba walker that good on defense? Cause there was talk he was a good fit and I thought he was average at best.

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2018, 12:33:51 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey

I don't necessarily disagree, but I will admit not being an expert on how good or bad hood is defensively. That being said, is kemba walker that good on defense? Cause there was talk he was a good fit and I thought he was average at best.

As with most PG's these days, Kemba is far from being a plus defender. But he's far superior to Thomas, so in that regard he would be an upgrade.

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2018, 12:46:59 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

You know full well you were trolling and for you to act like you weren't is just insulting.

« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2018, 02:05:44 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

You know full well you were trolling and for you to act like you weren't is just insulting.

I find it absurd that a moderator will accuse someone of trolling without evidence.

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2018, 02:14:39 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

I find it absurd that a moderator will accuse someone of trolling without evidence.

In all fairness, celticsclay went after him in the Kemba Walker thread for always linking trade rumors to the Cavs.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2018, 02:19:44 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Moranis is right. celticsclay knock it off.

« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2018, 02:23:30 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

In all fairness, celticsclay went after him in the Kemba Walker thread for always linking trade rumors to the Cavs.
exactly and claiming I say everyone available always makes sense for the Cavs, that I never propose trades for the Celtics, etc.  He then comes into I thread I created about Hood in which no one mentioned the Cavs and then says "he makes a lot of sense for the Cleveland. Lol".  It was a clear troll job. I didn't think it needed explanation and I asked him to stop rather than just deleting the post.

« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2018, 02:25:19 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey

Agreed.

Personally, I find the back and forth between these two annoying. I wish they both would stop it or just go away.

And I really cannot believe one of these posters was allowed to be a moderator. That never should have happened.