Author Topic: Wade deserves a 1 game suspension  (Read 29806 times)

Re: Wade deserves a 1 game suspension
« Reply #105 on: May 08, 2011, 10:07:12 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703
LOL @ "the leg sweep takedowm". Give me a break guys. Wades leg slipped while he was going down.  His back was to Rondo the entire time. You really think it's reasonable to say that he planned his leg to end up catching Rondos legs from that position? 

Are you guys ignoring the fact that Rondos left hand was holding wades jersey and his right elbow was holding wades arm?  I guess that was an "elbow lock" takedown by Rondo? lol.  It was just a basketball play that ended bad.  The more I watched the replays, the more obvious it is. Both players were holding each other. Both were in the wrong. People are just making a big deal because Rondo got hurt. The whistle to end the play wasn't even blown until they were both already on the ground.

This couldn't be more wrong. He did hook him, he pulled him down with  intent to hurt or get inside his head and hope that rondo retaliates. 

How you can even try and defend that play is beyond me. 

I agree, Wade clearly took Rondo down intentionally. It may have not been with intention to hurt him, but just out of frustration, but the takedown was intentional, the leg sweep is clear and he held on all the way through driving Rondo into the ground. That extra hold/force could have been the difference of getting up fine to being inured.

« Reply #106 on: May 08, 2011, 10:30:52 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
LOL @ "the leg sweep takedowm". Give me a break guys. Wades leg slipped while he was going down.  His back was to Rondo the entire time. You really think it's reasonable to say that he planned his leg to end up catching Rondos legs from that position? 

That was a clear take down. I guess the acting paid off, he managed to fool one person.

« Reply #107 on: May 08, 2011, 10:33:06 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703

That was a clear take down. I guess the acting paid off, he managed to fool one person.

4 people, he also fooled the three refs

« Reply #108 on: May 08, 2011, 10:40:05 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens

I stand corrected.

« Reply #109 on: May 08, 2011, 11:31:14 PM »

Offline I Love Getting Rondod

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
  • Vitaly Potapenko Has Ups!

I stand corrected.

He didnt try to take him down with the leg sweep, but he definitely tried to pull him down.  He doesn't deserve a suspension just because Rondo got wrecked by it.  A play like that should be a T and that's it, just because Rondo got a freak injury doesn't make his action more malevolent.  All that matters is that Rondo is the toughest and craziest mother F'er in the league.
Vitaly Potpenko has ups!!!

« Reply #110 on: May 09, 2011, 12:01:53 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
LOL @ "the leg sweep takedowm". Give me a break guys. Wades leg slipped while he was going down.  His back was to Rondo the entire time. You really think it's reasonable to say that he planned his leg to end up catching Rondos legs from that position?  

I stand corrected.

He didnt try to take him down with the leg sweep, but he definitely tried to pull him down.  He doesn't deserve a suspension just because Rondo got wrecked by it.  A play like that should be a T and that's it, just because Rondo got a freak injury doesn't make his action more malevolent.  All that matters is that Rondo is the toughest and craziest mother F'er in the league.

No, he didn't try and take him down with a leg sweep. He put his leg behind Rondo's legs so when he pulled Rondo down backwards Rondo would be unable to avoid falling. I don't think it's an especially freak injury other than in it's severity. Of course Rondo's going to try and brace himself, and he's falling with much more force than usual because he's being dragged down by a stronger player.