Author Topic: Raptors (33-12) at Celtics (25-18) Game #44 1/16/19  (Read 37000 times)

Re: Raptors (33-12) at Celtics (25-18) Game #44 1/16/19
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2019, 05:42:55 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I got plenty of adult beverages at the ready...

i expect to need every one tonight

« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2019, 05:45:46 PM »

Offline Briantir

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 14
no telling what will happen.  no,expectations anymore .

except Boston never stops Lowry it seems . Thats the only thing i m certain.

I'm more worried about Leonard. He dominated in our previous two meetings.

Over those two games Leonard averaged 31 points, 12,5 rebounds, 3,5 assists, 2 steals and +10,5 plus/minus. Most concerning is that he went to the free throw line 20 times in total over those games. He didn't shoot particularly well though: 42/25/90 (= 52,7 TS%).

In a playoff series nobody in the East is stopping Kawhi, he'll get his he's just that dominate like Lebron and Durant the difference will be the other guys but Toronto gets up for games against Boston.

I hope Celtics lose big tonight maybe it will finally get Danny on the phones ringing people up and trying to build around Kyrie because Brown and Rozier are not happy clearly.

« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2019, 05:57:35 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Over those two games Leonard averaged 31 points, 12,5 rebounds, 3,5 assists, 2 steals and +10,5 plus/minus. Most concerning is that he went to the free throw line 20 times in total over those games. He didn't shoot particularly well though: 42/25/90 (= 52,7 TS%).

In a playoff series nobody in the East is stopping Kawhi, he'll get his he's just that dominate like Lebron and Durant the difference will be the other guys but Toronto gets up for games against Boston.

I hope Celtics lose big tonight maybe it will finally get Danny on the phones ringing people up and trying to build around Kyrie because Brown and Rozier are not happy clearly.
I think wanting us to lose big because you think it’ll prompt DA to become desperate for a trade is a bit misguided. I don’t think he’s the one to make snap decisions like that, especially when one of the guys you listed could potentially be part of a blockbuster this offseason
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2019, 06:06:23 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144

I think wanting us to lose big because you think it’ll prompt DA to become desperate for a trade is a bit misguided. I don’t think he’s the one to make snap decisions like that, especially when one of the guys you listed could potentially be part of a blockbuster this offseason

Very very minute chance team pulls off a blockbuster in offseason.

So many pieces woyld have to fall perfectly into place.

Davis demands out in offseason.
Selects celtics as 1 of the teams to trade him too.
Our picks are made in advance of free agency period on behalf of pelicans.
Those picks are great.
Adding enough salary make it legal.
Hoping pur assets are of higher value than other teams.

Even if all that happena there is still a chamce pelicans say screw you to everyone and trade davis somewhere else completely.

Waiting on hopes amd prayers is just bad business.

« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2019, 06:24:56 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Those picks are great.

Even if all that happena there is still a chamce pelicans say screw you to everyone and trade davis somewhere else completely.

It’s better business than trading players when their value is low, like it is with most of our guys
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2019, 06:39:32 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

Those picks are great.

Davis doesn’t have to “demand” a trade, simply not accepting the supermax extension will be enough for them to start shopping him. The writing would them be on the wall - with no real way to improve greatly - that he doesn’t intend on staying. Each month they wait to move him, the less they will get back. If he walks for nothing, they are screwed.

Assuming Kyrie stays, he would come here. That doesn’t seem like an issue.

I’m sure Ainge will talk to Demps even before the draft (and before each team can discuss extensions with Kyrie and AD).

Picks don’t have to be great (ie top 5), Tatum (and probably Brown) will be the centerpiece(s).

Salary will not be the reason we don’t get him. If he gets traded, and he doesn’t come here, it won’t be because we couldn’t get salaries to match.

Name a team that has more desirable assets than us that he would consider resigning with. There are none.

Not sure why Pelicans would say screw you to spite us, as there is no animosity that I know of. They should be looking for the best possible package for him, and getting him out of the West would be a bonus.

I do worry about sitting on our hands this season waiting on Davis. If there is a logical trade now that will improve our chances this season, Ainge may be gunshy with one eye on the summer.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2019, 06:56:16 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
We're still an hour away from tip off and the game thread has already descended into trade proposals. Sheesh.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2019, 06:57:02 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell

Those picks are great.

Davis doesn’t have to “demand” a trade, simply not accepting the supermax extension will be enough for them to start shopping him. The writing would them be on the wall - with no real way to improve greatly - that he doesn’t intend on staying. Each month they wait to move him, the less they will get back. If he walks for nothing, they are screwed.

Assuming Kyrie stays, he would come here. That doesn’t seem like an issue.

I’m sure Ainge will talk to Demps even before the draft (and before each team can discuss extensions with Kyrie and AD).

Picks don’t have to be great (ie top 5), Tatum (and probably Brown) will be the centerpiece(s).

Salary will not be the reason we don’t get him. If he gets traded, and he doesn’t come here, it won’t be because we couldn’t get salaries to match.

Name a team that has more desirable assets than us that he would consider resigning with. There are none.

Not sure why Pelicans would say screw you to spite us, as there is no animosity that I know of. They should be looking for the best possible package for him, and getting him out of the West would be a bonus.

I do worry about sitting on our hands this season waiting on Davis. If there is a logical trade now that will improve our chances this season, Ainge may be gunshy with one eye on the summer.

If he doesnt accept the extensi9n they would NOT shop him amd instead maintain hope to keep him.

« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2019, 06:57:22 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
time for
Time Lord

« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2019, 06:58:08 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell

Those picks are great.

It’s better business than trading players when their value is low, like it is with most of our guys

If you owned blockbuster stock when netflix was talking off and didnt sell it at a loss you would now be left with useless paper.

« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2019, 07:28:45 PM »

Offline coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 146
Is anyone else tired of watching the Cs go 5 on 4....when Hayward is on the floor?

I swear it feels like we only have 4 players out on the floor when Hayward is out there.  Hayward lack of aggressiveness really hurts this team. 

« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2019, 07:33:15 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Go Celtics!

« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2019, 08:00:11 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
I don't get all these trade proposals and the anger towards the team, Ainge, Stevens, and the players.  I get making a minor trade like moving Rozier, who is gone next year anyway, for some who's a better fit or discussing trading for Anthony Davis.  But this team is 25-18, it's young, it's talented, and its best basketball is still ahead.  And we have a treasure trove of draft picks coming.  People need to cheer up.

« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2019, 08:16:26 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722
This one may be hard to watch.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2019, 08:16:55 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1956
Start off just like we did against Brooklyn - live turnover.