Author Topic: Video - "Ranking the Top 10 boston celtics players of 2019-20 season"  (Read 1350 times)

Offline Celtics1234

• JD Davison
  • Tommy Points: 2
Hey Guys!

I'm want to make a video about "Ranking the Top 10 boston celtics players of 2019-20 season"

do you interesting in this kind of video?
and do you think that this kind of video can get many views?

Thank you and lets go Celtics!

Re: Video - "Ranking the Top 10 boston celtics players of 2019-20 season"
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2019, 01:37:07 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
I’d be interested in seeing the opinions. I bet you’d get more out of posting it over at realgm. The posters there mostly insult each other a lot and take every opinion very  personally. So one person like omg Tatum over Hayward or other way around and you’ll have pages and pages of people insulting each other.

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2019, 03:15:53 PM »

Offline Celtics1234

• JD Davison
hahaha LOL
can you send me the link where to post it at realgm?

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2019, 05:23:05 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewforum.php?f=8

I believe this is the forum. You’d need to sign up and create a thread I believe. I’m not too keen on this stuff. Good luck. There are some very knowledgeable fans on there but it’s insult after insult. People get upset about the littlest difference of opinion. It’s very “ what up bro, chief, boss?” over there.
  I basically was called a racist for suggesting Hayward come off the bench after our finals run when he gets back because Ginobli was one of the Spurs best 3 a
Nd did it. They said it was because Mchale and Hondo were so I wanted him to be benched because he was white. Lol

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2019, 06:17:18 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586

As a hardcore C's fan, who finds myself constantly refreshing Celtics related sites even during the off-season, as someone who craves any bit of Celtics news or insight, as someone you'd probably think of as your target audience, I have zero interest in watching this potential video, nor do I think you'd get many views.

This is not a hot or controversial topic.  There's no intrigue.  And this is not something I see some random person being able to offer any new insight on.

I can already picture the video now.  10 minute video.  1-2 minute intro.  At the end you say something like "and that's it, do you agree with my top 10? Tell me what you think in the comments below.  And be sure to hit that like and subscribe button so you can stay up to date on my latest Celtics content."

Now maybe I'm just jaded, and others will watch, but look at what professionally produced C's videos pull on Youtube from NBC Sports Boston and CLNS Media, and then expect a fraction of that.  Probably be lucky to break 100 views.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2019, 07:29:07 PM »

Offline Celtics1234

• JD Davison

As a hardcore C's fan, who finds myself constantly refreshing Celtics related sites even during the off-season, as someone who craves any bit of Celtics news or insight, as someone you'd probably think of as your target audience, I have zero interest in watching this potential video, nor do I think you'd get many views.

This is not a hot or controversial topic.  There's no intrigue.  And this is not something I see some random person being able to offer any new insight on.

I can already picture the video now.  10 minute video.  1-2 minute intro.  At the end you say something like "and that's it, do you agree with my top 10? Tell me what you think in the comments below.  And be sure to hit that like and subscribe button so you can stay up to date on my latest Celtics content."

Now maybe I'm just jaded, and others will watch, but look at what professionally produced C's videos pull on Youtube from NBC Sports Boston and CLNS Media, and then expect a fraction of that.  Probably be lucky to break 100 views.

https://youtu.be/0fzLmvE4keU

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2019, 12:30:35 AM »

Offline Hoopvortex

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 164

Keep making videos!
'I was proud of Marcus Smart. He did a great job of keeping us together. He might not get credit for this game, but the pace that he played at, and his playcalling, some of the plays that he called were great. We obviously have to rely on him, so I’m definitely looking forward to Marcus leading this team in that role.' - Jaylen Brown, January 2021

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2019, 08:42:29 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512

TP for putting this together.  It’s a good topic to debate,  and you should bump this thread during the season to see how the rankings look.  There is a lot of variance with Hayward, it will be interesting to see how he does.  Kanter above Smart hmmm that could be a hot topic.  Having Langford and Wanamaker in your top 10 is interesting.  I believe Grant Williams and Edwards will have a bigger impact than Langford this season but you never know.  I actually like Wanamaker as a backup PG, but I could see Edwards playing over him paired with Smart.  I’m intrigued by Poirier, and if he can break into the top 10.