Author Topic: Tanguay Reporting Celtics On Their Way to Meet With Sheed  (Read 2821 times)

Tanguay Reporting Celtics On Their Way to Meet With Sheed
« on: July 02, 2009, 10:58:04 AM »

Offline bostonguy_1978

• Drew Peterson
  • Tommy Points: 1
Tanguay is reporting on his Twitter acct and on csnne.com that Danny, Doc, WYc, KG and maybe Paul and Ray are headed to Michigan to meet with rasheed...

http://www.csnne.com/wickedgoodsports/celtics/tanguay-is-twittering-on-the-wallace-movements/

Re: Tanguay Reporting Celtics On Their Way to Meet With Sheed
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 11:02:15 AM »

Offline dannypanic

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 8
Love the effort!  Bring it home boys!!

While there out there..why don't they visit Dice, and then swing down to AZ to see what G. Hill is up to

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 11:02:24 AM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353
I was watching Tanguay on Sports Tonight last night.  The guy doesn't even realize that the most we can offer Sheed (or any free agent for that matter) is the MLE.  He was talking about bumping up our offer to him to 7 or 8 million per year to sweeten the pot.

I know these guys report on all the sports, so they shouldn't be required to know EVERYTHING about each one, but that's just basic stuff, and it makes him look stupid.  I really don't pay much attention to what he says.  He's just milking this whole Rasheed thing.

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2009, 11:05:22 AM »

Offline RayRay4MVP

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Ill be back in a week. Add me on facebook
After watching Tanguay's knowledge of the salary cap, I doubt he has any contacts to get this information from.

Courtesy of Reggies Ghost. Thank you!

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2009, 11:07:26 AM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
I thought Sheed was visiting Boston today.

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2009, 11:08:24 AM »

Offline RayRay4MVP

• Jrue Holiday
That's what I thought.

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2009, 11:09:09 AM »

Offline SSFan V

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 177
Tanguay is reporting on his Twitter acct and on csnne.com that Danny, Doc, WYc, KG and maybe Paul and Ray are headed to Michigan to meet with rasheed...

http://www.csnne.com/wickedgoodsports/celtics/tanguay-is-twittering-on-the-wallace-movements/

TP for the heads up.

Wyc is going too -- now that's a statement.
sometimes you have to bite your lip, exhale and move on.  So, I have.

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2009, 11:09:27 AM »

Offline BBS

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 11
I was watching Tanguay on Sports Tonight last night.  The guy doesn't even realize that the most we can offer Sheed (or any free agent for that matter) is the MLE.  He was talking about bumping up our offer to him to 7 or 8 million per year to sweeten the pot.

I know these guys report on all the sports, so they shouldn't be required to know EVERYTHING about each one, but that's just basic stuff, and it makes him look stupid.  I really don't pay much attention to what he says.  He's just milking this whole Rasheed thing.

Tanguay is a "GREEN TEAMER" as they like to call the Celtics guys on CSNNE you would think he would know the contract ablitiys of the team but obviously he does'nt. But he is close to the team so I do beleave he has a inside man feeding him some real info.

Just imagine that flight. It's carrying our teams fate in it. Wyc, Danny, Kg possibly Paul and Ray jeez I hope all goes well on that flight. Even if they don't land Sheed I hope the return safely.

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2009, 11:12:13 AM »

Offline lostjumper

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 4
After watching Tanguay's knowledge of the salary cap, I doubt he has any contacts to get this information from.

Agreed. Watching sport's tonight last night he had no idea of the salary cap ramifications(was surprised Felger didn't call him on it) and talked about sheed wiEdited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.lly, but not with anyhting concrete. I really think he's just hearing rumors and "twitting" them as fact.

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2009, 11:16:40 AM »

Offline screwedupmaniac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 205
That's what I thought.
Perhaps they're flying down, picking him and his family up, and then flying back to boston to seal the deal and make it official? make it happen fellas!  ;D

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2009, 11:20:54 AM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
If you're Rasheed, this shows commitment, if the heart and soul of the team comes to your doorstep, it shows how much they want to win.

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2009, 11:21:28 AM »

Offline RayRay4MVP

• Jrue Holiday
That's what I thought.
Perhaps they're flying down, picking him and his family up, and then flying back to boston to seal the deal and make it official? make it happen fellas!  ;D
I sure hope that's what they're doing.

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2009, 11:35:04 AM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3768
  • Yup
If you're Rasheed, this shows commitment, if the heart and soul of the team comes to your doorstep, it shows how much they want to win.

I guess it also shows that it's somewhat Rasheed or bust for the C's at this point.  If they don't get Rasheed how is the next guy they pursue going to feel if KG and crew don't serve him peeled grapes on a silver platter?
Yup

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2009, 11:42:15 AM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!

I guess it also shows that it's somewhat Rasheed or bust for the C's at this point.  If they don't get Rasheed how is the next guy they pursue going to feel if KG and crew don't serve him peeled grapes on a silver platter?
Like sloppy seconds.   :-X

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2009, 11:56:16 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816

Like sloppy seconds.   :-X

Uh Oh Racker, dont talk like that or the NHL will suspend you!
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16