Author Topic: Another example of the importance of KG's pregame routine  (Read 2190 times)

Another example of the importance of KG's pregame routine
« on: October 29, 2008, 11:01:55 AM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.
MVP acceptance, DPOY acceptance, Ring ceremony.... every time KG's pregame routine has been significantly interrupted, he's played like yuck.  Specifically shooting the ball.  Regardless of the break in routine or not, he should still be grabbing more than 6 boards.

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

Re: Another example of the importance of KG's pregame routine
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 11:05:18 AM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
I give him a pass for game 1...everyone was playing a little tight and working on a lot of emotions.Im sure game 2 will be a different story with KG.

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 06:11:42 PM »

Offline TradeProposalDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 56
I know you like KG, but don't make excuses for him when he plays like crap like he did last night.

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 07:22:25 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
MVP acceptance, DPOY acceptance, Ring ceremony.... every time KG's pregame routine has been significantly interrupted, he's played like yuck.  Specifically shooting the ball.  Regardless of the break in routine or not, he should still be grabbing more than 6 boards.

The boards are overrated, since he was spending so much time sprinting out to the perimeter to cut off Lebron, however, there definitely is something to this.  He clearly was off at the beginning of the game, although I attribute it more to him being too emotional after the ceremony, rather than the actual routine.  Same difference though...

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 08:08:51 PM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.
I know you like KG, but don't make excuses for him when he plays like crap like he did last night.

This is no excuse, this is a trend.  And I clearly pointed out my distaste for his rebounding, which should've been there regardless of any breaks in routine.

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2008, 08:13:14 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
He did play like crap but most of the players did. Well, at least we won the game. Let's hope he's just rusty. I'm sure he'll do better on Friday.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2008, 09:46:13 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
I agree with you BigAL,it was probably rust.He did hit a clutch shot in the 4th to help secure the lead if anyone remember.There were a few bright spots to his game last night.I agree he wasn't at his best but who was besides Pierce?

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2008, 10:22:17 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Anybody notice that his first shot of the year was an airball?  My friend and I turned to eachother both thinking, "just like last season" when he bricked his first shot off the top of the backboard.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2008, 10:13:04 AM »

Online CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353

Yes, excuses are much more intolerable than overreactions.  ::)

Garnett had a bad game.  He's played 999 games in his career.  He's bound to have a bad game every once in a while.  Big Ticket wasn't making an excuse.  He was pointing out a trend.  KG is still going to have some bad games when his pre-game routine ISN'T interrupted, but it doesn't mean that he's a "shell" of his former self.  It means he's human.

But I guess it is inexcusable that he had a bad game to start the season off.  Who cares if he came through big-time in Game 6 of the NBA Finals to help clinch the title.  The first game of the regular season is what really counts.  ;)