Author Topic: Paul Pierce - A Trash Talker?  (Read 8699 times)

Paul Pierce - A Trash Talker?
« on: October 25, 2008, 12:55:37 AM »

Offline Amir

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 48
ESPN posted a poll asking NBA players different things. Not surprisingly KG ended up being the biggest trash-talker, but what I think is absurd is Pierce's 2nd place finish. Does Pierce trash talk more than I notice? Has this been facilitated by KG's arrival?

Im all for trash-talking but there is no way Pierce trash talks more than say Amare or Rasheed...

Re: Paul Pierce - A Trash Talker?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 12:56:22 AM »

Offline Amir

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 48
this is the article by the way:
http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?section=magazine&id=3659264

all the way to the bottom are the miscellaneous questions.

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2008, 02:23:40 AM »

Offline TradeProposalDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 56
That is kind of funny. Though he does beat his chest and say things like "yeah baby Celtics are number 1" after they've won heading into the tunnel... I know that isn't really the same thing as trash talking... there's also the postgame celebration after they knocked off Detroit and he chanted "BEAT LA BEAT LA."

In truth (pun not intended), I don't know if he's a big trash talker. But he does promote his Celtics pride quite a bit. Which I have no problem with by the way.

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2008, 05:57:16 AM »

Offline jackson_34

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 166
I like the fact we got some trash-talkers on this team. It may let the opposition get caught up with it and just leave quiet ol' ray to go about his buisness and torch them.  8)

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2008, 07:50:51 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I'm not sure if he's the second biggest talker in the league, but absolutely Paul talks trash.  Remember the incident with Horford?  Or the ejection with QRich last year?  Paul has always been a talker, since his rookie year.

I'm sure a lot of respondents to the survey were remembering the "gang sign" and the "I'm better than Kobe" remark when answering that.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2008, 08:13:38 AM »

Offline greenwise

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 136
Trash talking is another fun aspect of basketball, i love it.

It seems KG, Paul, Cassell and even Eddie House are masters of it ;D

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2008, 09:17:03 AM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178
Paul is a trash talker, no doubt. I dont claim to have a handle on any rankings, but KG is possibly the loudest. Shaq talks a lot of smack, Nate Robinson is constant talker, our own Sam Cassell is a big mouth too.

Which of our youngest additions is considered the biggest talker? Leon seems to be quieter than the rest, Tony Allen doesnt talk too much, Big Baby seems to get a few words going.

I havent really seen POB, Bill Walker, JR Giddens or Gabe Pruitt enough to make a decision. From the TV, Walker seems to be the most confrontational. 8)
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2008, 09:18:18 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Paul is a trash talker, no doubt. I dont claim to have a handle on any rankings, but KG is possibly the loudest. Shaq talks a lot of smack, Nate Robinson is constant talker, our own Sam Cassell is a big mouth too.

Which of our youngest additions is considered the biggest talker? Leon seems to be quieter than the rest, Tony Allen doesnt talk too much, Big Baby seems to get a few words going.

I havent really seen POB, Bill Walker, JR Giddens or Gabe Pruitt enough to make a decision. From the TV, Walker seems to be the most confrontational. 8)

Yeah, I'd go with Walker, among the young guys.  Perk has a definite mouth on him, as well.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2008, 11:08:51 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
He's a trash talker, but most players are these days. I don't have a problem with it as long as he can back it up, a Finals MVP award and a ring should do the trick nicely.

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2008, 11:28:47 AM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
Paul talks trash to Al Harrington, how can you forget this?

Trash talking is great.  It's part of the game, it gets opposing players out of their game.

As long as you dont do it off the court, or start bench clearly brawls with it, I love having players on my team that do it.
Greg

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2008, 11:34:48 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Pierce is definitely a trash talker. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2008, 11:55:07 AM »

Offline celts4life

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 7
Yeah, I've always thought that Paul was pretty relentless.  KG is more obvious about his trash talk, but maybe that's because it's just directed towards anyone listening and not one person in particular.  ;D

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2008, 11:56:05 AM »

Offline Scott

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
Without a doubt, Pierce talks.  Remember that game against the Knicks when both Pierce and Richardson were ejected.

Rivers said five Celtics - including Pierce, House, and Perkins - were talking too much, and added that his team has gotten away with trash-talking in previous games. He said such actions in a playoff game could cause them to lose.

I told them to be quiet and play the game. So I was disappointed in us in that. It wasn't just Paul. It was five of us.

"All of us were running our mouths instead of just playing basketball. The scoreboard will talk all right. You don't have to run your mouths. I wasn't happy with that."

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/articles/2008/01/22/celtics_trash_knicks/

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2008, 03:43:00 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Pierce is definitely a talker. I think he's the type of player that just has something little to say every time down the court. He'll probably just talk to you the whole game getting on your nerves and in your head.

He definitely got to Durant last year. I remember all Durant could say was something about Pierce's age while Pierce was jabbering to him and dominating.

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2008, 04:14:18 PM »

Offline SportsCapNative

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 15
  • "No one Ever Really Dies"
Well, if it's other NBA players answering the questions, then I have to go by what they say. I mean, I have to figure they know more about Peirce and KG than we do. Who knows how much trash they talk on court.

I have no problem with it either btw.

The Sports Capital of America

New England Patriots \\\'01 \\\'03 \\\'04 - Boston Red Sox \\\'04 \\\'07 - Boston Celtics \\\'08

I love Tony Allen!