Author Topic: What if Kyrie, KD, & Davis?  (Read 2108 times)

What if Kyrie, KD, & Davis?
« on: May 19, 2019, 07:09:25 AM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
What if Kyrie signs, Durant comes in sign and trade, then we trade for Davis..wo is left on the roster??
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

Re: What if Kyrie, KD, & Davis?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2019, 08:00:47 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
Daniel Theis and spare parts.
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2019, 10:18:35 AM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Would Al still be here? or just too much big contracts? thats what im afraid of is IF we get all 3 the bench probably be bad
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2019, 10:46:47 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I'm starting to think this is what is going to happen (although technically a s&t would be nearly impossible without a 3rd team).

What in DA's history makes us think that he is just going to lie low and let things play themselves out? He has spent years outsmarting GMs, acquiring assets, and building a formidable team; but last year's iteration didn't go as planned. Now I expect him to do everything he can to hang on to our best player (Kyrie) while at the same time adding additional top end talent.

KD might not be a reasonable acquisition, but you can expect, after he has an agreement with the Pelicans for AD, that he will attempt to make another big splash. It is going to be a lot easier for him to blow up this team after the issues we had this past season.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 10:52:02 AM by jambr380 »

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2019, 11:02:42 AM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
They need a director of personell or something, because while Danny maybe above average getting bodies here, he's woefully lacking in judging what his team needs and talent evaluation.

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2019, 11:25:10 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
One of Horford/Hayward (the other is part of the sign & trade). After that, probably not a whole bunch.

Baynes, Ojeleye, 1 of Brown/Smart (probably Brown), maybe Theis? But even Baynes needs to opt-in and I don't know if Ojeyele, Brown and/or Smart are traded away in a deal as well.

I don't even know where the KD-to-Boston rumors are coming from.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2019, 11:57:12 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
KD to Boston would require a pick and Hayward.

Davis has been discussed multiple times.

So team would be left with

Irving/Wannamaker
Brown/fa
Durant/Semi
Horford/Mirris Resigned?
Davis/Baynes

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2019, 12:08:31 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I have stated this several times already. Kyrie signing and Davis being traded here would put the team over the apron. Doing a sign and trade for Durant when the Celtics are over the apron means the team is hardcapped, would have to salary dump millions and millions in salary to get under the cap, then couldn't use the MLE or BLE, just vet min contracts.

Durant is not being signed and traded to Boston while having Davis and Kyrie here. Danny won't handicap himself and the team in this scenario.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 01:38:48 PM by nickagneta »

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2019, 12:32:57 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
I have stated this several times already. Kyrie signing and Davis being traded here would put the team over the apron. Doing a sign and traded for Durant when the Celtics are over the apron means the team is hardcapped, would have to salary dump millions and millions in salary to get under the cap, then couldn't use the MLE or BLE, just vet min contracts.

Durant is not being signed and traded to Boston while having Davis and Kyrie here. Danny won't handicap himself and the team in this scenario.

If Durant happens to opt in to make it work then it’s possible.  If we get a 3rd team involved I don’t know it that will help resolve the hard cap dilemma.  I think Durant though is foolish for thinking of leaving the Warriors, but I’ll gladly take him.

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2019, 01:00:45 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
I have stated this several times already. Kyrie signing and Davis being traded here would put the team over the apron. Doing a sign and traded for Durant when the Celtics are over the apron means the team is hardcapped, would have to salary dump millions and millions in salary to get under the cap, then couldn't use the MLE or BLE, just vet min contracts.

Durant would need to opt in.

For a sign and trade, unless I am mistaken in my math, horford would jeed to opt out and resign for about 20 mill starting to keep team under apron. So its feesable...just not probable

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2019, 01:41:04 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478

For a sign and trade, unless I am mistaken in my math, horford would jeed to opt out and resign for about 20 mill starting to keep team under apron. So its feesable...just not probable

If we dump Hayward the s&t scenario becomes realistic.

We'd then need to send Horford (and maybe picks too) to GS to match salaries. I wonder if GS would be OK with that... on one hand they get some nice compensation and get Horford's bird rights. On the other they are setting us up as a potential juggernaut to topple them.

Under this scenario though we might still have Brown, Baynes, and Morris (or lesser salaries we receive for Hayward from cleveland or wherever) to round out the roster. We only lose the MLE for one year, then we're back in business.

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2019, 01:46:07 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
Can someone detail out (with salaries) how we’ll get KD? Aren’t s&t’s only worth half the salaries?
- LilRip

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2019, 01:46:10 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386

If we dump Hayward the s&t scenario becomes realistic.

We'd then need to send Horford (and maybe picks too) to GS to match salaries. I wonder if GS would be OK with that... on one hand they get some nice compensation and get Horford's bird rights. On the other they are setting us up as a potential juggernaut to topple them.

Under this scenario though we might still have Brown, Baynes, and Morris (or lesser salaries we receive for Hayward from cleveland or wherever) to round out the roster. We only lose the MLE for one year, then we're back in business.

It's a bit sad, but I think Curry, Thompson, Green and Horford is better than Kyrie, Durant, AD.

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2019, 01:54:39 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Feasibility means nothing. Technically it can be done. But logically it makes no sense. It's bad business to make that trade and handicap the remaking of the rest of the team for an entire year. It's just not smart.

It's about as Un-Ainge a thing as I can think of. Ainge loves having lots of assets and in absence of that, lots of options. This trade kills all that. Ainge would simply never do it.

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2019, 02:09:23 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell

Feasibility means nothing. Technically it can be done. But logically it makes no sense. It's bad business to make that trade and handicap the remaking of the rest of the team for an entire year. It's just not smart.

It's about as Un-Ainge a thing as I can think of. Ainge loves having lots of assets and in absence of that, lots of options. This trade kills all that. Ainge would simply never do it.

You are mistaken

If team can stay under the hard cap.

And if durant is demanding out and GS would like hayward as opposed to nothing then all the team is losing aside from the assets in a davis trade(smart/tatum 3 pick) then team only loses hayward for durant.

Again it slim but argueing that telhe team would lose all assets seems misplaced.

Would still have
Brown
Baynes
Semi
Morris resigned
Wannamaker
Theis resigned
Horford
Brown

As well as davis, durant and Irving AND mle and lle. (Again assuming that Horford restructures to allow for durant to come in and not go over the hard cap.